Some games are truly beautiful and – let’s not waste any time here – Never Alone kicks off with the potential to be one of them. Telling tales of the Alaska native Iñupiat people and their folklore, the game is part educational experience, part non-traditional side-scrolling platformer. While one half of that is really well done,...
About The Game
Gather close and I will tell you an unipkaaq, a story that has been passed to me from generations past. I learned this tale from Nasruk many years ago. He told me that there is great wisdom in listening for those who are willing to hear. Remember, when you are part of the Iñupiat people, you are never alone. This is a story inspired by Kunuuksaayuka. The story of an endless blizzard that threatens the survival of our people. A story of a dangerous and cold journey at the top of the world. A story of bravery and true friendship. Come play my story. You are Girl and Fox, crossing dangerous lands, facing icy peril. Meet fantastic creatures and visit lost villages. Discover the mysteries and beauty of the helping spirits that are hidden in the world around us. Work together to overcome the challenges and obstacles that Nature will throw against you. Alone you cannot survive. But together you just might - if you can use each other’s strengths wisely and you refuse to surrender to the wind and snow and dangers that stalk the frozen North. Succeed and you will restore balance to the land. Fail and all will be lost. ----- Never Alone is an atmospheric puzzle platformer for 1 or 2 players built in partnership with the Alaska Native community. It delves deeply into the traditional lore of the Iñupiat people of the Arctic to present a game experience like no other.
● Play as both Girl and Fox - switch between the two characters at any time. Girl and Fox must work together to overcome challenges and puzzles as each has unique skills and abilities. A second player can join at any time for local co-op play.
● Explore perilous Arctic environments, from tundra to coastal villages, from ice floes to a mysterious forest.
● Brace yourself against gale-force winds and blizzards; face treacherous mountains.
● Meet fascinating characters from Iñupiaq folklore - Manslayer, the Little People, Helping Spirits, Blizzard Man and more. Never Alone was crafted in partnership with Alaska Native elders and storytellers for true authenticity.
● Hear the story of Kunuuksaayuka as told by a master Iñupiat storyteller in the spoken Iñupiaq language — a first for a commercial video game.
● Unlock special video Insights recorded with the Iñupiaq community to share their wisdom, stories and perspective.