Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Purchase

Posts 201 to 212 of 212

LtSarge

@Royalblues I think Sony's first-party studios have some of the most talented people in the gaming industry since they're so good at optimising their titles on PlayStation. The fact that you can play Forbidden West on a base PS4 from 2013 is crazy to me and that would've only been possible with developers like Guerrilla. I doubt anyone from Microsoft's first-party studios would be able to accomplish a feat like that. Not even Nintendo's studios would be able to do that. I mean, just look at Breath of the Wild. It had frame rate issues day one on Wii U and while they did improve it significantly with a patch afterwards, the game just runs better overall on the newer hardware, i.e. the Switch. And if you look at studios like 343, they can barely handle one version of a game at a time. PlayStation devs rule in terms of talent and expertise.

But to answer your question (which I kinda did anyway), yes. If Guerrilla is able to release Forbidden West on a base PS4, I'm sure they'd be able to optimise the game for Series X with minimal issues.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Beagle

Thinking I might pick up Assassins Creed Syndicate in the sale. Its one that always interested me but I never got round to playing, did anyone here enjoy it?

Beagle

StarWarsBoom

immortals fenyx rising since it was massively on sale XD

StarWarsBoom

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Probably Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for original Xbox (got last month). For the 360, probably Tony Hawk's Project 8 or Project Gotham Racing 4 (both 2021), and for the Xbox One, probably either Monster Hunter World with Iceborn or Red Dead Redemption 2 (both 2020)

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Tasuki

Picked up Tiny Tina's Wonderlands for the Series X today. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Pigrotto

Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr.
(the complete package that was on sale)

Pigrotto

clvr

Well, my latest XBox purchase is also my first ever, as I never owned an XBox before grabbing a Series X today!
I'd been itching to get one for a while now, so I finally pulled the trigger and also got Resi 8 as a bundled game, plus Far Cry 6, Rare Replay, Deus Ex MD and The Evil Within (the latter two for 5 euros each!).
Well, I guess I've got a lotta game time ahead of me now 😃

Clover.

Royalblues

@clvr Nice. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your new Xbox.

As for me, I just pre-ordered AI: The Somnium Files: Nirvana Initiative... Bought the bundled version, because it's nice to get some physical stuff once in a while. This marks only my third physical game on the Series X, after Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Riders' Republic.

Now all I have to do is beat the first AI game before the second one launches in June.

Royalblues

Pigrotto

I bought GodFall with 10% off as introductory offer.
I did the tutorial and I'm loving the game so far.

Pigrotto

Ramb

Lego skywalker saga - physical deluxe edition - because I really wanted the awesome skywalker "blue milk" figure.

The game is a nice break from Elden Ring.

Ramb

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic