Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Purchase

Posts 181 to 200 of 212

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Yeah I think I'm most interested in checking out Prey since I don't hear anyone talk about this game despite it receiving so much praise. I decided to buy The Darkness 2 as well because it apparently improves upon its predecessor and I figured since both were cheap anyway that I might as well get them both.

I've been buying so many games from this sale because it has been a long time since I've seen Xbox and Xbox 360 titles get a huge sale like this. This could honestly be the last one or at least the last one for a long while now so I just wanted to buy tons of games now that I was planning to get second-hand anyway. But at least this way the digital copies are much cheaper and I've got to buy games that I wasn't sure I wanted to buy used anyway.

Not to mention that all of these games are barely making a dent on my storage space. It's crazy to think that 360 games were only 4-7 GB large, while One titles are usually ten times that amount. I've literally bought 16 games and I think they only take up around 50 GB in total. That's just insane to me lol.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Yeah, that is a good point about sales on Xbox and Xbox 360 titles. You get some thrown in on the backend of sales, but a lot of the times they are the same. They used to have them more often, and that was when I would buy DLC for Xbox 360 games like the Dragon Age games and Fallout really cheap. Now DLC for the older games are basically never on sale.

I may end up picking up a few more before the sale ends in a couple of days even though I may or may not ever play them, like The Darkness 2, F.E.A.R. 2, and maybe the Max Payne games.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

Gamer83

Bunch of games from the Backwards Compatibility sale for a little over $40. Dead Rising 2: Case West, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Killer is Dead, Prey, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gunvalkyrie, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Conan. MS has done a great job with sales the last year and a half or so.

Gamer83

Tasuki

Picked up Chronicles of Mystara for $2.99 as part of the Backwards Compatibility sale as well as Mayhem Brawler. I have been in a beat em up mood recently and Chronicles of Mystara was to good a deal to pass up and I have been wanting to check out Mayhem Brawler for awhile now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

LtSarge

Well the back compat sales on Xbox continue for a second week now and I just bought Lego Indiana Jones 1, Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, Star Wars The Force Unleashed II and Split/Second for €15 in total.

LtSarge

dmcc0

The BC sale seems to be pretty popular - I've picked up Mini Ninjas, Lost Planet 3, Guwange, Asura's Wrath, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Transformed, LEGO Indiana Jones 2 & LEGO Star Wars the Complete Saga. Also picked up Batman Return to Arkham in the regular sale.

dmcc0

PhhhCough

For the xbox series x/ps5, 4k 60hz or 2k 144hz? Mostly single player games, occasional multiplayer.

PhhhCough

StarWarsBoom

Just preordered Lego Skywalker Saga for my Birthday XD can't wait. It comes out 1 day after my bday haha.

StarWarsBoom

Balta666

@PhhhCough ps5 does not support 1440p resolution. Only 1080p and 4k. Apart from that it is your own preference. Imo frame rate is allways more important than visuals but bear in mind most games run at 30fps if you go for fidelity mode

Balta666

LtSarge

New sale this week but sadly not as many compelling BC games this time around. Anyway, I decided to get Prince of Persia Classic and Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. I've already bought pretty much all Prince of Persia titles but I haven't gotten the first ones until now. I purposely avoided buying The Sands of Time because there's a remake of that game coming, but it doesn't look like it'll be coming out any time soon and I'm sick of having so many Prince of Persia games in my backlog that I can't play because I don't have the first game. So for €4 I might as well just play the first game as soon as possible so that I can eventually get to the sequels.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

alpacatears

I recently pre-ordered Elden Ring so I'm looking forward to playing that in a few weeks. I'm relatively new to souls games but it does look very fun.

I also bought myself one of the Xbox Design Lab controllers

alpacatears

Gamer83

Saw one of those 20th Anniversary Series X/S controllers at Target and decided to get it. A little pricey but seems to be a very limited item so it was worth it. As a collector I like to have items such as these.

Gamer83

PhhhCough

@Balta666 so I just saw this on the uncharted thieves legacy page "4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution"
But it can't output 1440p natively? Are we waiting for ps to enable it?

PhhhCough

Balta666

@PhhhCough not really to be honest. That just means the port cannot achieve true 4k and the maximum res is 1440p but you still allways have it upscaled. I believe Sony simply does not care about that resolution because it is not common on TVs but on monitors

Balta666

LtSarge

As I was playing Forza Motorsport 6 today, I was thinking that I'm nearing the end of this series and there aren't many Xbox racing games left for me to play. Then I remembered that I actually have several Xbox racers on original Xbox and Xbox 360 that I bought several years ago, put away because I wasn't in the mood for racing games at the time and completely forgotten about.

So while these aren't purchases, I've added the first Forza Motorsport as well as Project Gotham Racing 1-4 (yes all of them!) back to my backlog. I'm so glad that I bought these games back in the day since now I got tons more racing games to play on Xbox.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Balta666

I bought metal gear rising and Deus ex human revolution last week. I have only played a few bits of of MGS Over the years and I am now collecting all games. Unfortunatelly my copy of the twiin snakes on GC has gone bad so I cannot start the series yet. Also never played a Deus Ex game so let's see how that goes

Balta666

Royalblues

My latest purchase was actually Hatsune Mike Logic Paint S. I've recently gotten into solving nonograms. They're really quite fun.

Off topic, but do you guys think the Series X is capable of running a game like Horizon Forbidden West? Because ho boy, is that game a beaut. I wonder what Senua's Saga is going to look like. I wish the setting wasn't as dreary.

Royalblues

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic