Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Purchase

Posts 181 to 200 of 244

Tasuki

Picked up Chronicles of Mystara for $2.99 as part of the Backwards Compatibility sale as well as Mayhem Brawler. I have been in a beat em up mood recently and Chronicles of Mystara was to good a deal to pass up and I have been wanting to check out Mayhem Brawler for awhile now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

LtSarge

Well the back compat sales on Xbox continue for a second week now and I just bought Lego Indiana Jones 1, Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, Star Wars The Force Unleashed II and Split/Second for €15 in total.

LtSarge

dmcc0

The BC sale seems to be pretty popular - I've picked up Mini Ninjas, Lost Planet 3, Guwange, Asura's Wrath, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Transformed, LEGO Indiana Jones 2 & LEGO Star Wars the Complete Saga. Also picked up Batman Return to Arkham in the regular sale.

dmcc0

PhhhCough

For the xbox series x/ps5, 4k 60hz or 2k 144hz? Mostly single player games, occasional multiplayer.

PhhhCough

SithItachi

Just preordered Lego Skywalker Saga for my Birthday XD can't wait. It comes out 1 day after my bday haha.

SithItachi

Twitter:

LtSarge

New sale this week but sadly not as many compelling BC games this time around. Anyway, I decided to get Prince of Persia Classic and Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. I've already bought pretty much all Prince of Persia titles but I haven't gotten the first ones until now. I purposely avoided buying The Sands of Time because there's a remake of that game coming, but it doesn't look like it'll be coming out any time soon and I'm sick of having so many Prince of Persia games in my backlog that I can't play because I don't have the first game. So for €4 I might as well just play the first game as soon as possible so that I can eventually get to the sequels.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

alpacatears

I recently pre-ordered Elden Ring so I'm looking forward to playing that in a few weeks. I'm relatively new to souls games but it does look very fun.

I also bought myself one of the Xbox Design Lab controllers

alpacatears

Gamer83

Saw one of those 20th Anniversary Series X/S controllers at Target and decided to get it. A little pricey but seems to be a very limited item so it was worth it. As a collector I like to have items such as these.

Gamer83

PhhhCough

@Balta666 so I just saw this on the uncharted thieves legacy page "4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution"
But it can't output 1440p natively? Are we waiting for ps to enable it?

PhhhCough

LtSarge

As I was playing Forza Motorsport 6 today, I was thinking that I'm nearing the end of this series and there aren't many Xbox racing games left for me to play. Then I remembered that I actually have several Xbox racers on original Xbox and Xbox 360 that I bought several years ago, put away because I wasn't in the mood for racing games at the time and completely forgotten about.

So while these aren't purchases, I've added the first Forza Motorsport as well as Project Gotham Racing 1-4 (yes all of them!) back to my backlog. I'm so glad that I bought these games back in the day since now I got tons more racing games to play on Xbox.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

@Royalblues I think Sony's first-party studios have some of the most talented people in the gaming industry since they're so good at optimising their titles on PlayStation. The fact that you can play Forbidden West on a base PS4 from 2013 is crazy to me and that would've only been possible with developers like Guerrilla. I doubt anyone from Microsoft's first-party studios would be able to accomplish a feat like that. Not even Nintendo's studios would be able to do that. I mean, just look at Breath of the Wild. It had frame rate issues day one on Wii U and while they did improve it significantly with a patch afterwards, the game just runs better overall on the newer hardware, i.e. the Switch. And if you look at studios like 343, they can barely handle one version of a game at a time. PlayStation devs rule in terms of talent and expertise.

But to answer your question (which I kinda did anyway), yes. If Guerrilla is able to release Forbidden West on a base PS4, I'm sure they'd be able to optimise the game for Series X with minimal issues.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

SithItachi

immortals fenyx rising since it was massively on sale XD

SithItachi

Twitter:

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Probably Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for original Xbox (got last month). For the 360, probably Tony Hawk's Project 8 or Project Gotham Racing 4 (both 2021), and for the Xbox One, probably either Monster Hunter World with Iceborn or Red Dead Redemption 2 (both 2020)

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Tasuki

Picked up Tiny Tina's Wonderlands for the Series X today. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic