Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Purchase

Posts 161 to 180 of 244

FullbringIchigo

My most recent purchase

A Series X

It's currently sat right next to my PS5 and they both look glorious

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Gamer83

Finally got around to buying Mass Effect Legendary Edition, was waiting until I had a Series X.

Gamer83

Tasuki

FullbringIchigo wrote:

My most recent purchase

A Series X

It's currently sat right next to my PS5 and they both look glorious

Congrats.

It seems that it's becoming a bit easier to find a Series X now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Gamer83

Doom Slayer's Collection and Doom Eternal.

Gamer83

LtSarge

Just bought Blue Dragon on Xbox 360 for €5. Been wanting to buy this game for quite some time since it's one of the few JRPGs that's exclusive to the 360 from the early days of the console. A used copy of the game goes for €30, so being able to buy it now on sale for only €5 is an absolute steal. Will have to start up either this or Lost Odyssey on Xbox one of these days.

LtSarge

Gamer83

Rumble Roses XX. And yes, much of it is for the fan service, not afraid to admit I like those kind of games, but there has to be good, fun gameplay to back it up and this game, much like the classic DoAs, has it.

Gamer83

Magonigal

Just bought AO Tennis 2 and the Batman Arkham Collection

Magonigal

LtSarge

Just bought Just Cause 1, Nights Into Dreams, Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect, Killer is Dead, XCOM Enemy Within, Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition, Aliens vs Predator and Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox for €40 in total.

It feels like it's been ages since I've experienced a sale this good, i.e. with lots of games that interest me at cheap prices. Normally I browse through sales on all three platforms and find that I already own most of the games on sale. But thanks to the ongoing backwards compatibility sale on Xbox, I've found so many compelling games from the PS3/360 era that I've been wanting to check out for a long time now. Very excited to play all of them eventually!

LtSarge

crippyd

@LtSarge XCOM is a great game but it is super hard, even on the easiest difficulty. I spent many hours getting my team right only for some stupid mistake to wipe out my whole game.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

LtSarge

@crippyd You know what's funny, just as I purchased the game I thought maybe I should've done some research to see if the game might be too hard or just bad in general. I've heard great things about XCOM: Enemy Unknown but I don't know anything about Enemy Within and based on your comments, I probably should've done some research lol. Oh well, if it turns out to be too hard for me then it's no big deal. Got plenty of others great games for cheap from this sale!

LtSarge

crippyd

Enemy Within is the base game (Enemy Unknown) with the DLC included. It was really good and you need to adjust to the game's mechanics but once you get into the flow of it it is really enjoyable. The learning is also enjoyable just so we're clear on that. I'm rambling but you've got a great game there, in my opinion obviously.

crippyd

LtSarge

@crippyd Wait, I thought Enemy Within was the standalone expansion and Enemy Unknown the base game? Because I already own Enemy Unknown. So did I just buy the same game twice? Woops, I definitely should've done more research.

LtSarge

crippyd

@LtSarge
Sorry, I think I've not written that clearly. I am saying the same as you, so Unknown is the base game and Within is the one with the DLC included.

crippyd

isturbo1984

Death's Door

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

voxshrapnel

Cleaned up on sales recently with Crazy Taxi, Puzzle Fighter HD, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

Especially excited about Lost Odyssey as I couldn't find my boxed copy – and I think I'd be far more patient with it than I was first time around in 2008!

Gamertag: voxshrapnel

LtSarge

So I couldn't stay away from the back compat sale and decided to buy several more games, which are: Dark Void, The Darkness 1 and 2, The First Templar, Prey (2006), Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Supreme Commander 2 for a total of €30.

This time it was a mix of games that I'm not sure I'm going to like since people have mixed thoughts about them and ones that I've heard good things about. Dark Void and The First Templar are two of the former kind and I honestly just felt like experimenting. Dark Void looks interesting since it's apparently like Uncharted but with a jetpack (later on) and The First Templar is so heavily reminiscent of the first Assassin's Creed game and I've missed those titles, so I'm hoping this game will satisfy my craving for those games. The Darkness games look like pure fun titles, Prey (2006) is apparently one of the most inventive FPS from that era, Prince of Persia is a series I've always been interested in playing through and in terms of Supreme Commander 2, I just felt like adding another RTS game to my backlog. I only have Halo Wars and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 on 360 but I feel like this is a genre that I would really enjoy from what I've seen.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Prey was great. I remember really loving that game when it came out and was disappointed the latest one didn't include some of the inventive gameplay elements the original had. The Darkness is also pretty good, but I strangely never played the sequel.

All I've picked up so far are Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations thanks to them getting the FPS Boost treatment, and Generations also being Xbox One X enhanced so its 4K/60.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Yeah I think I'm most interested in checking out Prey since I don't hear anyone talk about this game despite it receiving so much praise. I decided to buy The Darkness 2 as well because it apparently improves upon its predecessor and I figured since both were cheap anyway that I might as well get them both.

I've been buying so many games from this sale because it has been a long time since I've seen Xbox and Xbox 360 titles get a huge sale like this. This could honestly be the last one or at least the last one for a long while now so I just wanted to buy tons of games now that I was planning to get second-hand anyway. But at least this way the digital copies are much cheaper and I've got to buy games that I wasn't sure I wanted to buy used anyway.

Not to mention that all of these games are barely making a dent on my storage space. It's crazy to think that 360 games were only 4-7 GB large, while One titles are usually ten times that amount. I've literally bought 16 games and I think they only take up around 50 GB in total. That's just insane to me lol.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Yeah, that is a good point about sales on Xbox and Xbox 360 titles. You get some thrown in on the backend of sales, but a lot of the times they are the same. They used to have them more often, and that was when I would buy DLC for Xbox 360 games like the Dragon Age games and Fallout really cheap. Now DLC for the older games are basically never on sale.

I may end up picking up a few more before the sale ends in a couple of days even though I may or may not ever play them, like The Darkness 2, F.E.A.R. 2, and maybe the Max Payne games.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Gamer83

Bunch of games from the Backwards Compatibility sale for a little over $40. Dead Rising 2: Case West, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Killer is Dead, Prey, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gunvalkyrie, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Conan. MS has done a great job with sales the last year and a half or so.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic