Forums

Topic: What Xbox One game are you currently playing?

Posts 161 to 180 of 253

ralphdibny

@LtSarge ahh I'm such a slave to consumerism sometimes 😂

I'll be honest, for remake, re0 and CVX, PS4 would be way better for me because it has a decent d pad in a good position on the controller. I seem to remember you playing REmake with the stick but I just found the d pad much more intuitive for the tank controls + fixed camera angles.

I only really want them on Xbox over PS because I have a One X and only a base model PS4 so Id assume at least 2+3 remakes would play better on the mid gen upgrade

I just bought CVX for £3 off the Xbox store actually. I was kind of thinking that depending on whether I could get re2 for a decent price physical would decide whether I get the rest of the series physical or digital. I think to buy 456 physically would cost around £35 in comparison to £16 currently on the Xbox store. Revelations 1+2 would be £25 in comparison to the £12 (I think?) On the store. I can't find the origins collection physical for a decent price on Xbox at the moment but I have that digital.

Though to be honest, even writing it out here makes me feel silly for even wanting to pay double to get discs of these games, especially for revelations 2 + REmake/0 which Ive bought recently as digital games

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Oh man, I completely forgot about the Xbox controls when it comes to CVX. Because the reason why I've been enjoying the PS1 version of RE1 is because I've been playing it on Vita/PS3 and both have better placed d-pads than the Xbox controllers. Although granted, I did play Silent Hill with the control stick on Vita and it felt great despite the tank controls. So hopefully it will still feel good to play CVX with the control stick. But I understand now why people preferred the PS3 version of CVX, even though it should've been obvious to me, lol.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I didn't realise people preferred the PS version over the Xbox one tbh! The Xbox d pad isn't terrible by any means, it's just clicky and in a slightly awkward place for d-pad heavy games. It's better for like changing guns or using accessories in a more modern style game.

I definitely prefer a larger d pad that is a softer push instead of the clicky style buttons of the Switch and various DS/3DS models (these seem to go back and forth between clicky/soft every hardware revision)

I'm just talking to my partner and she might get me some of these physical resi games for my Xmas/birthday present because I'm really hard to buy for. I normally just buy what I want when I want so I don't really ever need anything for my Xmas/birthday haha. Just feel a bit bad if she buys them for me because I just kinda want them instead of really wanting them, if you know what I mean

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Haha yeah I know what you mean. Well I hope you'll eventually get them!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Been playing a lot of Far Cry 3 on 360 these past few days and the game is simply amazing. I can't believe how the series went from being rather average to pure brilliance in just one sequel. The thing that stood out to me first and foremost was the story and the characters. Like Ubisoft actually put in effort into telling a compelling story this time around. On top of that, you actually care about the characters in this game and they are far from forgettable. I'm absolutely amazed by how much these aspects have been improved since FC2.

Then we have the actual open world and progression system that goes along with exploring it and both are great! While I can understand that the side content is more or less the same after a couple of hours, there are still incentives in doing them. For example, by activating a radio tower, you unlock the map for that area and most importantly, you get some free weapons as well. Weapons in this game are crazy expensive and you use up most of your money to buy ammo, so you barely have much for the more expensive weapons. Another example, if you free an outpost from enemies then you open up a fast travel point to that place as well as make it your base where you can purchase weapons and ammo. Considering how huge this map is, you really want to do all these things in order to make your experience as smooth as possible. Also, it's pretty fun attacking outposts with weapons you've just unlocked. At this point in the game I've pretty much unlocked everything that I would want: a grenade launcher, a light-machine gun with fast reloading and red dot scope, a sniper rifle with a silencer and a shotgun. Like I can pretty much use this loadout throughout the entire game now, which is really neat!

So yeah, there's is plenty of stuff to do in this game and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Even if the side content gets repetitive after a while, the interesting story and the awesome story missions will definitely keep me going until the end.

LtSarge

urrutiap

Besides playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood for my Playstation 3 this weekend, i was kind of thinking about jumping into Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy Type O

urrutiap

LtSarge

Started up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 campaign on 360 today and so far this game is so freaking awesome. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the campaigns in the older CoD games are just so good. The "what if" plot of Russia invading USA and Europe and basically starting WW3 is just such an interesting scenario to me because it definitely could happen in real life. I'm also playing this game on Veteran just like I did with the previous two MWs and so far it hasn't posed much difficulty compared to those games, especially the first one. So I'm really enjoying my time with this game now!

LtSarge

Hexamex-Tex

Fallout 76.
I do wish it had cross play PC and Xbox though.

Hex
LtSarge

After having finished Ori and the Blind Forest, I've found myself in the mood to play more Metroidvania games and so I decided to finally start up Shadow Complex on 360. Can't believe this game came out all the way back in 2009, it feels like a very modern Metroidvania. You move in 2D but the game itself is in 3D so you can e.g. shoot people in the background. It's really cool! If I were to describe this game, I would call it a mix between Metroid and Uncharted. There are coloured doors that you unlock as you find new power-ups, you shoot enemies and you find health upgrades that give you an additional 100 HP each time (like in Metroid) and the game has a strong focus on story that revolves around an "adventurer" looking for his girlfriend (the protagonist is even voiced by Nolan North), you can shoot and melee enemies and there are action set-pieces like swimming away from a helicopter shooting at you (like in Uncharted).

All in all, this is a very unique Metroidvania game so far. It definitely has caught my interest since it feels like a third-person shooter but as a Metroidvania. Very cool take on the genre!

LtSarge

TrueAssassin86x

I'm just taking a break from playing the outriders demo, and so far i enjoy it but at the same time i remember why i tend to stay away from most shooters though i played the likes of Halo, Gears Etc Etc mostly because shooters aint my thing. I like the story so far but ya. I think this game might be a wait for a sale or gamepass drop in about 6 months my gut is telling me.

Edited on by TrueAssassin86x

Fan of games not consoles.

Xbox Gamertag: TrueAssassin86x

urrutiap

Not playing anything at the moment since i was out of town the past couple of days doing some shopping.

Went to Walmart and bought Resident Evil 2 for X Box One. The game is on sale for 19.99

urrutiap

LtSarge

Started playing Just Cause 2 on 360 since I'm still in a mood to play open world games after Far Cry and Horizon Zero Dawn. This one is pretty fun so far and I'm very impressed that the map is so huge considering this game was made back in 2010. I think it's incredibly satisfying to blow everything up, although I do have to wonder if that's pretty much the entire game. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the story without the gameplay becoming too repetitive.

LtSarge

urrutiap

i played Just Cause 2 for my Playstation 3 two years ago. Fun game i played most of the story missions but skipped a couple because i just wanted to get to the end of the game. I wouldnt mind buying and playing either Just Cause 3 or 4 to catch up

@LtSarge

urrutiap

LtSarge

@urrutiap Ah nice. Did you find the gameplay repetitive towards the end? Wondering because you said that you just wanted to get to the end of the game.

I actually already have Just Cause 4 but I haven't bought 3 because I read that the game doesn't perform well on PS4/Xbox One and the developer never fixed the performance. So I'm hesitant in buying the game.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

Jumped back into Doom Eternal last night after finishing up Fallen Order. It took a while to get back into the controls and the fast pace of the game but i started to thoroughly enjoy it. I wonder if some of the platforming in Fallen Order and Titanfall 2 has made it easier as it's not as cumbersome as I remembered it being. Now I'm just finding it hard to kill these damn demons!! I just spent 40 minutes trying to clear a room and to no avail. I think it might be the last skirmish before finishing the level so it's maybe a boss fight equivalent. Bright side is I'm actually still enjoying it so that's a good sign. I have no idea how people play this in the crazy hard modes as I'm struggling on normal lol. But really enjoying the game and I'm actually enjoying it more than the first time i started playing it.

For the DLC for Doom, are they included in Gamepass or do you have to buy them?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Started Journey to the Savage Planet last night since it's leaving gamepass shortly and it's a pretty good game. Very colourful and i like the humour in it. Gotta love that phsycadelic gas that makes you hallucinate. I'm a big fan of shorter games, I can actually finish them.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

urrutiap

late last night i was playing Resident Evil 2 Remake in Leon 2nd run on Normal difficulty. Got up to Ada's part then saved. Ive played enough of the game on Easy mode anyway. Time to take a breather and play some other videogames

urrutiap

leerafuse

Just finished RDR2 so I figured I might as well keep it going with RDR. ha. I must say the xbox one x enhancements make it look good for being a 10 year old game!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Mr-Fuggles777

As I enjoyed the wall running in Titanfall I thought i would give another climbing platform a go and downloaded Celeste - everyone seems to rave about it so thought I would finally try it now its free.

It's ok, I'm not sure I get what all the fuss was about but I'm having fun - well I was until I spent all morning doing the Pico8 Challange and only got a measly 20g for the grind and frustration .
I've now enabled assit mode to blast through and say I'm done with it.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

TrueAssassin86x

Just booted up tell me why seems like its leaving gamepass April 1st according to xbdeals.net and the game been in my gamepass backlog for awhile might as well play it before it leaves

Fan of games not consoles.

Xbox Gamertag: TrueAssassin86x

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic