Forums

Topic: Starfield

Posts 141 to 160 of 227

Lavalera

I'm about 60 hours in and am very happy with how this game runs. I encountered 1 glitch where a npc was stuck in a wall, but outside of that it runs very well on my Series S. Playing it at the same time as my wife (who plays it on her PC) and we still find out new stuff we didn't know before lol. I didn't know you could click random ships in space and trade resources with them for instance haha. I was always for looking for planets which had resources i needed for the outpost, but finding out you can also trade them was a real eye opener haha.
It's not a perfect or flawless game by any means, but i just love the gameplay loop of this game. I can easily spend hours not following any quests, just by exploring planets and outposts and do a few quests here and there when i want to. It feels open and gives you a lot of choices to do, but it also has a lot of structure to get back to. This is exactly the type of open world game i love to play. Giving enough structure to hold onto without it being to much structure or no structure at all.

PSNid: Lavalera

MaccaMUFC

What starship(s) is everyone using for their playthrough? I had 480K in credits and just bought myself a class C ship the Abyss Trekker for 360K. I was going to get the Narwhal but it’s mobility put me off. The Abyss Trekker has possibly the worse cargo capacity of all the ships but I don’t care for hauling cargos across solar systems anyway. It’s best known for being a proper fighter and having good mobility despite it being a huge ship. I also liked that it’s got plenty of portholes to look out of while in space.

I didn’t mind spending that much credits on it seeing as I’m going to upgrade it and stick with it as my only ship for the entire playthrough. I’m happy with my suit and weapons and I’ve just got a great penthouse given for free, courtesy of the UC for being a Class One citizen after completing the UC storyline.

MaccaMUFC

Ryu_Niiyama

What is a good 28LY ship/who sells one? I am not into ship building but need to travel further out.

Edit: I’m good. Got one for free.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@MaccaMUFC Thank you! I got lucky though. Got attacked by some bounty hunters that had a ship with a drive (30LY!) I needed. But I will use this when I want to replace that ship.
@Balta666 The Razorleaf doesn’t meet the jump requirement I was asking about. I’m traveling to the fringes of the settled systems.

This game is insane. The random encounters alone are worth it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

Ill say it again, I find it hard to locate storefronts in this game. I've had "crippled" effect for a while now, and I don't know where in New Atlantis I can find a store to buy medicine. My hypothermia finally went away lol, so that's good. But yea, that's my main gripe at the moment. I can't seem to locate what I need and when. It could just be a me problem though.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoByNature why not make what you need? You can craft most of the medicines you can buy. Also for me at least ship raiding (of evil factions) tops off my medication. Also there are tons of civilian outposts that you can top off at.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama doh! Why did I not realize thats an option? Ugh, im so lost lol. I'll try that tonight and see if I can figure it out. Truth be told, I haven't crafted anything yet.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoByNature that’s the great part about bethesda games. A number of ways to approach things. I am more of a trader/bounty hunter/vigilante/explorer so I tend to keep supplies topped off with raiding and buying from outposts or scavenging. Find the playstyle that works for you. Also if you are intent on buying from major stores you can just wait for a restock. I usually wait 48 hours. You can trade with peaceful ships as well.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama very cool. I haven't actually played a Bethesda game before, so this is all very new to me.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoByNature oh wow, welcome you picked a slightly more complicated one to start with but still accessible. I think the best advice I can give is Bethesda games are designed to be lived in. Meaning you don’t have to go by standard game logic to make your way. Need items? You can make, steal, scavenge or buy them (and if you have the skill and inclination) you can steal damn near anything that isn’t nailed down. Wanna make money? You can do quests, hunt enemies (for fun), collect items to sell/be a trader without a storefront, run an outpost to produce sellable items (I know a few people are essentially drug dealers in game). You can do a lot within the limits of the game engine and go practically anywhere. The Best part? Bethesda knows many people restart their games so this time around they made it a game mechanic. Good luck!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama all good stuff. Thankfully, I'm not really struggling for the most part. There's only a few hiccups for me that are causing some confusion, but by no means is it all that frustrating.

I'm really enjoying it and I'm "living in the world" myself. I'm part of the vanguard and I may even take up bounty hunter too. Still just doing whatever at this point.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp I am stuck on the Legacy. Can’t get out in time. Edit: figured out that there are parts where my suit protection regens and I was able to limp out of there. Wooo I hated that entire quest line. Only good thing is sticking it to the pirates.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Balta666

I am wrapping sidequests before moving to credits as I have now finished all factions' quests and got to the main event in the plot where you will need to choose an outcome (which I have to say I found very boring and not at all the direction I would like them to take).
The game is brilliant for me with its narrative in the sidequests (as allways) not only in the factions but also some smaller stories like the Constant or starseed just to mention a few).
However this was my first Bethesda game at launch and oh boy how were the other ones before because for me this is as buggy as you can get lol. I had crashes, freezes, people or weapons no loading, I fell through floors, etc ..

Lavalera

@Balta666 I can see our experiences with bugs differ greatly The only time i noticed a bug was a NPC stuck in a wall and thats in 80 hours. If anything i was really surprised at how well it ran on my Series S, especially since i heard the older games were extremely buggy around launch time.
My wife plays it on PC and also didn't encounter any crashes, freezes etc yet. So it seems the experiences from people vary in how many bugs we encounter.
To bad you encountered so many bugs since it takes away from the enjoyment of the game/.

PSNid: Lavalera

R1spam

@Balta666 s
I'm only 17 hrs in and am only a couple of faction quests in so i want to avoid any spoilers but could you say which quest lines were highlights for you? I'm finding the main quest pretty vanilla and am starting to branch out from it. I also haven't done any outpost building yet. I don't know whether I've encountered a lot of bugs or whether the enemy AI is just really bad, particularly on Alien enemies. A couple of times I've retreated and found the AI just bug out and alien enemies get to a tether range and just kinda jump up and down on the spot while I shoot them.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themightyant

The game has massively grown on me. To the point where I am thinking about it during work and can't want to get back to the stars. Initially I was frustrated with many of the same complaints everyone else had, especially the seeming lack of ambition to try something new - it is basically just Fallout in space - some antiquated game design, and most notably the lack of thrilling exploration on planets. This last was definitely a backwards step to me. In short the game wasn't what I wanted it to be.

But now i'm 60+ hours in and loving it. All the smaller frustrations, while still there, are just less important to me than what the game is doing well. Last night I spent 5 hours grinding levels to maximise my Starship design skill and for the first time BUILT my own ship. There's a real sense of ownership on this one, compared to the last 3 which I got from quests or in world, and i'm looking forward to my continued adventures on it.

I'm in no rush to finish, I'm currently enjoying doing as many side quests in Neon as possible, getting a grasp on the locals, the lay of the land and the depth of it all. It's wonderfully immersive.

But I can also see why the game isn't for everyone, and even as a BGS fan I was disappointed to start with. But I've literally gone from a 7/10 to a 9/10 in a week and can see valid reasons for those scores. Can't wait to get back to exploring the universe. I think time will be very kind to Starfield.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Balta666

@R1spam all factions' quests are really good. I would say my favourite is the one about Terramorphs. But those two stories I mentioned above, that are not from factions are really good highlights on my journey.
I also did not do anything regarding outposts (or put any skill points into the science tree).
I have seen many mention enemy AI as an issue but I did not find it that way in my experience. In general I have to be carefull not to die in battle as some times enemies can get onto me in groups are quite rabbid at it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic