Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,288

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff Yes, it happened to me and I was pretty pissed about it since I ended up losing at least 45 minutes of playtime once. I know I posted in our group on Xbox Live about it, but anyways, for whatever reason ReCore doesn't work with Quick Resume.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Krzzystuff

I just made it to the tower after getting the last bot. Don't know how far I'm in the game overall but don't imagine it's far as i only have 16 cores so far.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff 😅 I think you might need more cores to progress but the tower is basically the end of the game! Or at least, the last portion of the game. I'm sure you will find out how many cores (if any) you need soon enough!

I levelled up massively at this point too. Naturally though, while I mopped up as many cores as I could be bothered to do before entering the tower properly. I think I went in to the tower with 50-something cores and with my gun at level 22. I also picked up 3 gun upgrades in the starving sea DLC area. I did two dungeons and started a third but I was too low level to progress but I still got the gun upgrade from it. it was definitely the most useful upgrade to have for the Eden tower

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

Today is the day folks. Time for Psychonauts! I don't know why but I am quite excited to play this game. It's a bit uncharacteristic of me but I think I have an itch to both play an original Xbox game and check out more work by Tim Schafer and Double Fine. Maybe the fact that Psychonauts 2 is dropping August 25 and pending an enjoyable experience with this game, I might actually play a brand new release then which is quite rare for me.

HLTB has the following times pegged for this game:

Main Story - 12½ Hours
Main + Extras -15½ Hours
Completionist - 22 Hours

Should be doable! This is an old game and it's available on game pass. I imagine it's going to be a bit finickety due to its age but hopefully we can bear with it and see it through to the end!

There is also an interquel game called Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin on PlayStation VR (and on PC in VR) which is set between Psychonauts 1&2. Might be worth checking out if you have the gear to do so. I did pick this game up in a sale a month or two ago so I think I will have a go after finishing Psychonauts and see what it's like. Assuming it doesn't give me a mad fever like most other VR games do 😅.

Obligatory tag list:

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @John117 @Kefka2589 @Kaori-chan @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @Beagle @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @The_New_Butler @ZeD

Please let me know if you want me to remove you from the tag list or if you want to be added!

These are the suggestions for next months game (August). Votes start from zero so please vote again even if you've already expressed an interest/vote in these games previously. I only do it like this because a number of people on the tag list are in and out of this thread so I don't necessarily want to count month(s) old votes when a user is long gone from this forum/specific thread.

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Perfect Dark
Mirror's Edge

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff How'd you get on with ReCore in the end? Are you still plugging away at it? Let us know how you get on with it either way. No rush to start Psychonauts or anything if you still got a bit to do on ReCore

See ya!

LtSarge

Looking forward to starting up Psychonauts now that I've got a craving for original Xbox titles after having played a bit of Conker earlier today. In fact, because of Conker, I feel like starting up a bunch of other OG Xbox titles besides Psychonauts, such as Max Payne 2 and also Fable Anniversary, lol.

In terms of next month's title, I think I'll vote for Mirror's Edge and A Plague Tale. Honestly, I don't feel like playing Perfect Dark because I remembered that I did play it a year or so ago and was absolutely lost and had no idea where to go next so right now I'm not feeling it. But I may end up wanting to give it a shot down the line.

LtSarge

nessisonett

I’ll definitely join in for Psychonauts, been a while since I played it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Krzzystuff

@ralphdibny hey. I have like 34 cores and can start the second floor of the tower. Then just the third floor and that's the game yeah? Need 45 cores or something like that for floor 3? It's not great but definitely not a bad game.

Also I'll vote for Plagues Tale for August.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

dmcc0

Will probably make a start on Psychonauts this weekend. I was trying to finish The Messenger before it left gamepass, but unfortunately ran out of time. I thought I was maybe on the last boss, but seems there are a few more to go so will pick it up in a sale at some point to finish it off - great game BTW.

Currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch (probably why I ran out of time on The Messenger!), so Psychonauts seems like it might be the type of game I can play through in between sessions of that. Hoping I finish this one after giving up on ReCore last month.

Edit: I'll vote for Mirrors Edge or Plagues Tale for August

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff nice one! There is 5 floors in Eden tower, unfortunately I'm not sure how many cores you need for them though as I mopped up as much of the game as I could before heading there

See ya!

MaccaMUFC

I’ve just literally installed Psychonauts this morning. It’ll be the first time I’ve played it as I somehow missed it on the OG Xbox. I want to get know the characters and gameplay mechanics if nothing else in time for Psychonauts 2, which I think is looking fantastic.

MaccaMUFC

ralphdibny

@MaccaMUFC wicked and welcome! Do you want to be added to the tag list to get notifications for future months? Or will you just be dropping by to play Psychonauts? Either is fine!!

See ya!

crippyd

I've just got Civ VI so I'll be on that forever....
I've never played Psychonaughts so I'll give it a go and as for the votes, I have all 3 games and have never played any so I'm good however it turns out!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Krzzystuff

@LtSarge thanks Sarge. I'll get going on the tower then and see it through to the end.

Krzzystuff

LtSarge

So I just started up Psychonauts and played it for about an hour. I managed to finish the first level and man, this game was not at all what I expected. Granted, I didn't even have that many expectations besides it being a 3D platformer since I haven't seen gameplay of this game at all. Turns out it's a collect-a-thon 3D platformer, which definitely was pleasing to see. I love this type of game and considering how small the areas are, it's really fun to explore and collect stuff. I think the idea of collecting things that goes towards upgrading your overall rank is a brilliant idea to help incentivise the player towards finding and collecting more stuff. The controls are a bit stiff though, but I thought that overall the movements were decent enough. Not frustrating or anything like that. I'm also really digging the story, it's really interesting so far.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my first impressions of this game and I can't wait to play more.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

Playing Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart at the moment, but will try to squeeze in Psychonauts at some point.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Tothington91

OK I'm in, downloading as we speak!

Tothington91

LeanerFasterStronger

Hey everyone, I'm making time for Psychonauts this month! Ive always wanted to play it and with 2 releasing soon, plus it being this months game club, there's no better time.

First of all, the backwards compatibility improvements are great. Playing in full HD is a real treat, especially when you compare the gameplay to the cinematics which are filmed in the original resolution. Bravo to Microsoft here.

Gameplay so far is decent. Im in basic braining and so far it's standard collectathon fare. The controls aren't as tight as other platformers from this era.

However, where this game shines in the progression incentives (that @LtSarge mentioned) and the setting/writing. Some of the most unique concepts and hilarious dialog out of any platformer ever made, at least thus far.

"Who you are comes from the choices you make when life gets tough."

Cass, Fallout New Vegas

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic