Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,362

FraserG

Finally, a game worthy of the Pure Xbox Game Club 👌

News Editor, Pure Xbox

Twitter:

ralphdibny

Happy April everyone! This month's game is Gears of War.

I am sure you all had fun blasting through the 4 hours of content that the Mary-Kate and Ashley game provided on Saturday!

Now it is time for April's real game, Gears of War!

You can play either version of this game this month, either the Xbox 360 original or the updated Ultimate Edition for Xbox One. It will be interesting to compare people's experiences with both titles!

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Original game:
Main Story - 9 Hours
Main + Extras - 12 Hours
Completionist - 28½ Hours

Ultimate Edition:
Main Story - 9 Hours
Main + Extras - 11 Hours
Completionist - 30½ Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @ralphdibny to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!

Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @SoggyY0JIMBO @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @AgentCooper

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @ralphdibny)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @ralphdibny
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

Amnesia: Dark Descent -
Brutal Legend -
Bugsnax - 1 (balta,
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crackdown 3 -
Crysis -
Fable Anniversary - 2 (lvlra, nbn,
Goldeneye -
Ghost wire Tokyo - 2 (nbn, r1spm,
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Legend of Tian Ding -
Maneater -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 1 (R1spm,
Perfect Dark - 2 (balta, rdibz
Rage -
Redfall - 3 (GF4L, nbn, coop
Return to Monkey Island - 1 (lvlra,
Scorn -
Signalis - 1 (clnkld,
Sniper Elite 5 -
Somerville -
Soul Hackers 2 -
The Gunk -
Trek to Yomi -
Tunic -
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - 1 (crpyd,
Yoku's Island Express -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature down below to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Balta666

I played the first act of the ultimate version. First impressions are that it is quite a beautiful game but at the same time very brown as it was common during the 360 era.
Technically I have some gripes as the motion blur is very present, specially bad when running (and motion blur and head movements is allways off on my options when available). I started the game on normal and struggled in the tutorial... As I suck at shooters on a controller but with time I got more used to it. The reload on the other hand is quite satisfying.

themightyant

@ralphdibny Looking forward to playing Mary-Kate and Ashley: Sweet 16 lol. Nice one, got a hearty chuckle.

Probably going to sit this one out. I've played Gears of War more times than I can count over the years, and I have a lot to play this month.

Though as an aside Gears of War was the reason I bought an Xbox 360! I had been saving up my money and waiting for the PS3 when I saw Gears of War at a friends house, I was so blown away with the 'Roadie Run'; the graphics which blew my PS2 apart; and the adult tone of the game that I went out and bought a 360 the very next day. Was exciting. I knew almost nothing else about it, but I had to play it and it didn't disappoint... nor did the 360.

I eventually got a PS3 much later in the generation with Uncharted 2's release but this game made me an Xbox gamer and fan. Enjoy!

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

crippyd

I've fired up the Ultimate edition of Gears and continued from where I left off the last time I played and man, I must have set the difficulty up to super, instant kill, Dark Souls level of deaths as I am getting absolutely owned! I'm only on act 2 so I've got a way to go yet. Although I haven't played this for quite some time so that might also be why I'm dying loads.
I have previously finished it on the 360 and One so it's not new to me. A good game though.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

ralphdibny

@Balta666 cheers votes added and Undertale removed.

Hey, my May is looking pretty clear at the moment. I think I'll vote for Perfect Dark as well!!!

See ya!

NintendoByNature

@ralphdibny My may game votes are Fable Anniversary and Ghostwire Tokyo which is set to come to GP this month I believe. HLTB has it listed as a shorter game too.

NintendoByNature

Bundersvessel

@ralphdibny Hello friend, appreciate the tag, I’d love back in. I don’t have an active GP sub at the moment but will join in and contribute to the discussion when I can. I’ve amassed quite the backlog since buying my SX, mainly through the rewards program, so I’m sure they’ll be some overlap at some point. 👍

R1spam

First time ever playing some gears of war, man I dig me some solid cover shooting! Comforting to know in the apocalypse that there will always be waste high cover!! I'm trying to play quantum break before it leaves gamepass though but will try and keep going with gears too as I've enjoyed playing. @ralphdibny, I'll vote for ghostwire Tokyo and ori will of the wisps.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

NintendoByNature

I played a good hour last night. So far so good. Controls take a little getting used to as well as the movement of your character. But I love the voice acting so far.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

I definitely got my rear kicked with the berserker boss battle. Took me about 8 tries, but I was also being impatient most of the time, so it was my fault.

NintendoByNature

nomither6

@NintendoByNature i think the hardest boss battle in gears to this day is the mission is gears of war 2 with the raining glass and the scary science lab

and its not even a boss battle but it was hard as hell and harder than any boss i remember lol; wait til u play that mission

nomither6

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic