Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,282

R1spam

@Lavalera @ralphdibny if you like the main spiderman game, the dlc is decent but nothing mind blowing. Miles Morales on the other hand is legitimately great, I even enjoyed it more then the main game! It takes what was great in the base game and strips away some of the things I didn't think always worked well, like the mj stealth sections and introduces cool new powers. Great open world that with a reduced game length, means it never outstays its welcome.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

trev666

I thought spiderman was average the main story was ok but the rest was open world bloat. Miles morales was worse it was DLC released as a full price game it was 5 hours long and the villains were B tier never heard of any of them

trev666

ralphdibny

@R1spam brill, can't wait to get around to it! Even though I've been saying that since I bought it last year šŸ˜…

@trev666 fair play, I actually didn't mind the open world bloat in Spider-Man. It was just the right amount for me and presented in the correct way for it not to annoy me. I liked that no bloat had to be repeated like in some other games. Like you clear out and control an area only for it to be taken back over by the bad guys. I also liked that every area had a percentage completion and it was satisfying to 100% stuff just like in Shadow of the Tomb Raider

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 cheers, I'll get that added today at some point hopefully

Edit: done

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @Beagle @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Royalblues @Lavalera @frabbit @djshep1973 @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @jarvismp @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon

Hi all, looks like a stalemate again, lots of games with one vote each. Can we have some more votes for September's game please? Click the link in my sig for the full list

Also, please try and play the game if you vote for it and it gets chosen. Or at least have every intention to do so. Obviously real life can get in the way some times and nobody has to explain themselves to strangers on the internet but maybe a "sorry I have to drop out for personal reasons" would be polite.

I only say this because it's not fair for people whose chosen game lost out if other people don't play the winning game that they voted for.

See ya!

Lavalera

@ralphdibny I see Edith Finch was voted on, but will be removed from gamepass next week, so think we should take that one off the list.

PSNid: Lavalera

Akropolon

@ralphdibny Hi, yes! Sorry for the radio silence. I have started on it, but it's not drawing me in like I hoped/thought it would. I'm at around.. 4 or 5 hours now? Do have tomorrow off though, so if anyone's like "It totally gets better after hour X or Y", I can always go and make some progress then.

Will also look at the new options and vote!

Akropolon

Xbox Gamertag: Freekopolis2

ralphdibny

@Lavalera cheers for reminding me, I forgot to get rid of that. It's done now...

@djshep1973 unfortunately WRoEF is leaving Game Pass so I've taken it off the list

@Akropolon cheers for getting back to me. Do post about the game even if you are not enjoying it, there has been a fair amount of criticism for Avengers this month so you won't be alone! A couple other people dropped off it quick after some initial impressions. Just the way it is sometimes!

I can't say it does get better and I actually thought the first few hours were wicked before it tanked. Might be the other way round for you if you like multiplayer style game modes though, I'm personally not a fan.

I am still playing it though, just ticking off the last few bits of single player content

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Akropolon

@ralphdibny Yeah, not a multiplayer fan myself either, so that does not bode well, hahaha. Maybe it's also that I'm just kind of burned out on Marvel, so there's that.

Especially now WROEF has been removed from the options, I hope Undertale becomes the title for September. Have started that game two or three times already and am deeply in love with the soundtrack, but I've never gone through with it. This could totally be the push I need.

Akropolon

Xbox Gamertag: Freekopolis2

ralphdibny

Cheers all! Votes added. Immortals Fenyx Rising (for men) and Undertale are neck and neck with 3 votes each! Need some more votes!

@jarvismp haha reminds me of a deodarant

See ya!

ralphdibny

@jarvismp haha I think Xbox must have beat us to it:

Untitled

I don't know what it smells like but id hope it has the scent of circuit boards and hot plastic

See ya!

xMightyMatt14x

@ralphdibny sorry! Been busy in the last week with summer ending and my career as an educator starting up again. But I wanted to share my thoughts. I spent the first two week of August playing through the original campaign as well as the three expansions and some side quests. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised overall! Although I also feel like I agree with those who wish the game would have had a more linear, less loot oriented, direction.

The opening third of the campaign was surprisingly very captivating for me. I didnā€™t know much about Ms. Marvel (and Iā€™ve seen most of the MCU movies but am not a super fan of Marvel) but I really enjoyed her abilities, and frankly, her story and personality. I would say my favorite to play as was Hawkeye once he came in the DLC.

I thought the Ms. Marvek story with Hulk was great. I wouldnā€™t say the end was anticlimactic, but I was definitely more engrossed in the story early and got lost along the way a bit. However I will say they did an amazing job of designing simple control schemes that still make the characters feel unique. I thought Hulk was slightly underpowered (or it could have been my play style) but the gameplay was awesome! I was very pleasantly surprised!

Overall Iā€™d say a 7 out of 10 for me. The monotony of the loot design lost my interest as I donā€™t care about costumes. But the dlc did leave me hanging. When is that ā€œbig invasionā€ gonna happen? Is that releasing sometime soon or did the Hawkeye DLC just kind of finish that storyline in an abrupt manner?

Edited on by xMightyMatt14x

xMightyMatt14x

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic