Forums

Topic: 😈 Pure 666box Game Club 😈 - Immortality (0ct)

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,073

Balta666

I tried the game for about 6h (in small bursts) but I am done with it as I am not enjoying it.
The gameplay is bland, the characters move so slowly... And the holding X for such long periods is agravating... Apart from kamala I still dislike the voice acting (there is no emotion into it imo).
And as mentioned before the missions system is just very poorly implemented. One time I had to quit the game in order to progress because I was stuck in btw missions without managing to either go back to the shop or choose another mission...

Balta666

ralphdibny

@Balta666 fair play to ya. My characters never walk 😅. I'm always holding down the stick to run and constantly jumping. It's not very realistic but its the fastest way to travel!

I've done the first level of War for Wakanda and just like the first level of Reassembled and Future Imperfect, it is very nice! If this game was just like Shadow of the Tomb Raider then it would be perfect. It's so very similar in its best bits but so very different in its implementation of side content. I wish it just had different maps full of side content that you could 100% instead of a confusing map menu full of achievement/trophy style challenges (kill X amount of enemy etc). A lot of Shadow was filler but it didn't exactly feel like filler as it was Spider-Man like in its approach to just completing the maps.

Even though the DLC road map for Shadow was laughable when it got announced, the final complete Definitive Edition product was an excellent game and I wish Avengers took a similar approach. I wouldn't have touched it until it was complete but I would have loved to see and play a finished product

R1spam

@ralphdibny I've just rolled credit on the main game and I think you have absolutely nailed how I feel about the game! The bland bloated middle of this game when it's trying to introduce the gear, grind and cosmetics brings down what could have been a truly great game. The first two hours, the character and that final mission are very good. I found locking the final mission behind some collectibles that you had to do side quest nonsense for pretty egregious. I have to be honest I'm not going to tackle the dlc, even though black panther had been some of my favourite marvel stuff, I'm pretty done. I did enjoy most of the characters gameplay, though iron man really didn't do it for me. Kamala was my favourite, though a bit button mashy. It's given me an itch to start up a yakuza game though, I've been thinking about playing kiwami 2 for ages 🤣. Overall, the campaign is decent, it just could have been so much more as a 15 hr single player game than whatever they made this. Cosmetics that don't change anything, a gameplay loop that won't stand up to folk repeating the same quests again and again for drops, constant messages about bloody market place items. For a publisher that has the biggest mmo on the market, you have to question how they didn't input more into the live aspect service of the game.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

ralphdibny

@R1spam yeah it's so hard to reconcile the way the game puts on the brakes so quickly after a couple hours.

I didnt actually find that final mission side quest thing too bad, I literally entered one mission and got everything I needed from it. That being said, I did choose one that happened to have all the enemies that it asked for parts for so maybe I was just lucky.

Future imperfect DLC was cool but I think War for Wakanda is much better than the rest. It's like a full reskin of the game. Black Panther plays really well too, definitely one of the better characters once you get used to him. Only one "defend the [three fighters]" mission in it so far too and at least the fighters are competent Dora Milaje that can hold their own instead of inept untrained Inhumans that seem to like dying lol

I'd quite like some of the cosmetics if they could all be unlocked naturally. I won't be putting a penny into this game (unless I buy the base game at some point). I know the cosmetics basically pay for the free content but the value from the consumer point of view doesn't add up. You could spend hundreds, if not thousands on cosmetics and all you get are 3 short DLC campaigns. Something isn't right there. If the DLC campaigns were stuck behind a traditional season pass and cosmetics were free then I would be more on board. Of course, this wouldn't make them as much money.

Best of luck with the Yakuza games, Kiwami 2 Is much much better than Kiwami. I've played 0-7 and I've only got the spin offs left to play. I thought I'd give the series a break though after I ploughed through them in the last year or 2

Balta666

@ralphdibny you did not realize there were skill trees? Or the Norn Stone thing?

Balta666

Balta666

@ralphdibny I unlocked a lot of skill points in my short run of the game . So basically you beat the whole game without unlocking any movesets lol

Balta666

Balta666

@ralphdibny like grabbing and new combos, etc. They are all tagged to skill trees on light attack, heavy attack and a third I don't remember

Balta666

ralphdibny

Soooo, having finished all the main campaigns. I spent all of yesterday (my last day of the game pass sub) playing bits and bobs of the game.

I mainly played as Mighty Thor (Jane) and did a lot of her hero mission chain. I sort of wished I had focused on the original content though as Jane's later tasks became very tedious even if she was a lot of fun to play as.

I think the Hero mission chains are worth playing if you do want to play a little bit more of this game. Also the faction mission chains too. They add a bit of story which is nice. It's more of the same though, beat a lot of people up, defend X amount of something etc but you are rewarded with short cutscenes and story moments.

I gave up on Jane after a while and did the Hulk chain and the Black Widow chain. I also played a couple of the different faction chains including one that I assume was DLC which was freakin hard. You had to fight some powered up Monica and her clones. Took me hours to beat that which sucked up a lot of the day.

I am kind of sad that the game isn't available to me any more when I probably only had a few more things that I was going to do on it. Might try and find a cheap copy somewhere or come back to it if I resub to game pass

Balta666

@ralphdibny when I was in the uk I never used delivery from cex but here is only 2.5€

Balta666

ralphdibny

@Balta666 I think it's like £1.95 or something here but except in extenuating circumstances, I usually refuse to order anything from CEX online because it's 1.95 per item. So if you order 8 things in one order then you have to pay delivery 8 times which I think is lame. I understand why they do it though, it's because they ship from individual stores but if lots of items ship from one store then the discount isn't passed on.

Anyway, I just signed up for one week of Amazon prime for 99p and ordered it from there for £14 so £15 total and it will arrive tomorrow. Seemed like the easiest thing for me to do 😅

I'll probably only get a few more hours out of it but I will keep thinking about it if I don't finish it on my terms and won't be able to start the next game 😅

ralphdibny

The game arrived today. Picked up where I left off which was half way through a Thor mission. I glitched the game by accident doing the bifrost move and not materialising. It meant I was invisible for the rest of the boss fight, couldn't attack and couldn't jump. All I could do was the RT all father power up thing, not that any attacks could benefit from it 😅. I just let my team finish off the mini boss...

I do lament the fact that now that I've bought the game that I will be missing out on the Spidey missions. If I was Gona buy it then I should have bought it for PlayStation. However I only have a PS4 so I wouldn't have the upgrades of the Series X on it so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose. It feels like Spidey might not be much different to play as than Widow and the Hawkeyes anyway seeing as they basically websling around levels

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic