Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 3,342

xMightyMatt14x

@ralphdibny I see that you enjoyed War for Wakanda as the best DLC. I thought that one had the best level design by far. But I enjoyed where Future Imperfect was going more. If they ever actually finish that story with an eventual “invasion” I will definitely play it. Other than that, like most I think I’m done. But I did enjoy a good chunk of the story (minus the middle where all the loot and side quest stuff is heavily pushed).

If it’s not too late to vote for September, it looks like Undertale and Immortals Fenyx Rising are leading with 3 each. I’m down for either! But I hear undertale is an amazing, shorter and focused exoerience. With my schedule I would vote for that. But I’m down for anything!

Edited on by xMightyMatt14x

xMightyMatt14x

Lavalera

@ralphdibny OMG that is hilarious. In Europe and the US the brand is known as Axe, therefore i didn't recognize it at first , but now i want it on Starfield release day i can 200% feel like Xbox

PSNid: Lavalera

K1LLEGAL

Just to chime in about Avengers, which I played late last year: I really enjoyed the opening and was wondering why everyone was so down on the game. However it quickly becomes repetitive. The story is okay but everything about the game falls short if you compare it to the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

LtSarge

I'll vote for Immortals Fenyx Rising. Need something ambitious to play now on my Switch!

LtSarge

lookupmore

I haven't been active this month, I've been very busy and I'm still trying to finish Dead Space... I might give Avengers a go but not this month.
I vote for Undertale and Yoku's Island Express. I really want to play Immortals Fenyx Rising but I need a shorter game next month!

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

Balta666

It looks like Undertale will be the game for september with a result of 5-4 over Immortals (Mr Wenger's gunners type of result if I may say).

I will put that on the download list and will focus on it after I am done with MGS3 (as I am suspecting Sunset overdrive will take a while longer into the month).

Undertale will be a bit strange just because altough I never played I know almost everything about it as I never avoided spoilers to it. Let's see how it goes (and how many runs I will end up doing)

Edited on by Balta666

ralphdibny

@Balta666 thanks for doing the maths for me, I haven't had time to get around to it 😅

Hopefully get some time tomorrow to do it and update the thread

See ya!

Banjo-

l vote for Immortals Fenyx Rising.

I think that tomorrow is the last day for What Remains of Edith Finch but I played two of the short chapters and I don't feel like playing any more.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

Ahhhh sorry for not replying to everyone.... I have been fairly busy/completely knackered after work every day.

Looks like Immortals Fenyx Rising will end up being the game of the month with 6 votes. I will properly update the thread later and reply to peeps

See ya!

ralphdibny

@xMightyMatt14x good to read your thoughts on avengers! (Sorry late reply)

I defo agree with most of your points there! I think both Hawkeye's are good to play as and even though I really disliked Kate to begin with, she plays much better once her skill tree is upgraded.

Totally agree about the Kamala/Banner dynamic. It was the best thing about the game especially as both were played well by their actors. I loved how it wasn't one sided as well. Banner had almost as much growing up to do as Kamala.

I agree about the controls as well. It's nice to have a base shared control scheme that does similar stuff for all the heroes even if the results are different. I did roll my eyes a bit in the opening mission when I found everyone had a ranged attack but it definitely makes sense in terms of accessibility

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Lavalera we do get Axe over here actually but it's normally in the Pound shops. I guess they must import it!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Hi all and welcome to Game Club's selection for September: Immortals Fenyx Rising

Another close call this month with some last minute votes giving Immortals a slight lead over Undertale!

I actually know very very little about Immortals. I remember it came out around the time of the new consoles. I've heard people say it's a bit like Breath of the Wild, doesn't look much like it in screenshots but I've not seen any videos.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Main Story - 25½ Hours
Main + Extras - 40 Hours
Completionist - 60½ Hours

There are some stats for additional content on HLTB as well. I haven't included them here as I don't know whether it's free content or included in Game Pass.

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @ralphdibny to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Royalblues @Lavalera @frabbit @djshep1973 @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04

Unfortunately we lost Beagle and Kooky Daisuke this month as their accounts are throwing up 404 errors. Wishing them the best in their current endeavours!

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @ralphdibny)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @ralphdibny
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

Amnesia: Dark Descent - 1 (ltsrge,
Brutal Legend -
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crysis -
Doom 3 - 1 (ltsrg,
Fable Anniversary -
It takes two -
Immortality - 5 (lvlra, blta, mghtynt, clnkyld, hmnsmth
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 1 (blta
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Outlast 2 - (ltsrg,
Perfect Dark -
Rage -
Sable -
Sniper Elite 5 -
Trek to Yomi -
Tunic - 1 (djshp,
Undertale - 1 (blta
Yakuza 0 - 1 (bnjo
Yoku's Island Express -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Lavalera

I already played Immortal Fenyx rising around the time it came out. Absolutely loved the game and think it's one of the most underrated games from 2020. IT has great humor (although it isn't for everyone). The gameplay is basically exploring, puzzles, platforming elements (especially in the dungeons) and combat. The world isn't super large, some people get turned off by large maps somehow, and the world is diverse enough to not feel samey. Have fun for everyone who is going to play it.

@ralphdibny my vote for October will be: Immortality (not on the list yet) since it gets such stellar reviews

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

Cheers peeps!

@Balta666 sorry balta, looks like some extra votes snuck in at the last minute!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny We should surely have a horror-themed Game Club next month?

I want to give Scorn a go but seeing as how it's releasing towards the end of the month it might not work for Game Club. I do have some horror games that I want to play, like DOOM 3 and Outlast 2.

I'll make a proper list when I have some free time this weekend!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge yeah could do as it's tradition! I'll just let the votes go wherever they go. If people end up choosing a horror game then great. I'll add Doom 3 and Outlast 2 to the list for October

See ya!

R1spam

I played about 15ish hrs of AC odyssey before and didn't really vibe with it. I might try immortals out but I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the ubisoft open world. I did love botw though so perhaps it might surprise me. I'm really digging cyberpunk 2077 just now and not sure I've got space for another big open world. Enjoy folks, interested to hear people's thoughts and curious what folk make of the writing. The narration style actually seems pretty interesting from some clips I've seen

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

LtSarge

I've been playing Immortals for 17 hours now (yes I started playing it before this month) and it's such a great game. While the combat does get repetitive and the enemy variety is not that good, the exploration, puzzle-solving and story are excellent. However, the game does feel more like Assassin's Creed than Breath of the Wild due to how much story there is. For me I don't get the feeling that I can go wherever I want because so much is connected to the main quests that I feel like I'd rather just do the quests in order. The world is smaller than the one in BotW though and it's much more condensed with things to do. The rewards for solving the puzzles in the world can be disappointing sometimes though as they tend to be mostly cosmetic items.

Anyway, I'm right now in the second "main" area of the island so I feel like I've still got quite a ways to go. I'm also interested in getting one of the three DLCs. Two of them seem pretty bad, as one is like playing a top-down fighting game and the other is just about doing a bunch of trials. The third seems promising though since it offers a new open world to explore set in Chinese mythology, so I definitely want to get that whenever it goes on sale.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic