Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 3,366

ralphdibny

I finished War for Wakanda even if the last level took me ages because it was quite hard. I had to use skill points and upgrade a Norn stone. This is stuff I had no idea you could actually do throughout the rest of my playthrough 🤦‍♂️

It is a bit weird to have Klaue with an American accent while his cannon fodder grunts still have South African accents

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 haha no, I beat the game without it. All the menus just confused the hell out of me

All I did throughout the game was hold LT to auto equip best gear

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 sorry I was joking a little bit 😅

I guess I never dived into that bit of the menu. I got some when I upgraded Black Panthers skills in the final mission

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 sorry, I was joking about my own ignorance of the game mechanics rather than your use of the word movesets. I'm sure it is the right word. I was just further playing the ignorant fool after having beat the game without realising there were skill trees 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

Soooo, having finished all the main campaigns. I spent all of yesterday (my last day of the game pass sub) playing bits and bobs of the game.

I mainly played as Mighty Thor (Jane) and did a lot of her hero mission chain. I sort of wished I had focused on the original content though as Jane's later tasks became very tedious even if she was a lot of fun to play as.

I think the Hero mission chains are worth playing if you do want to play a little bit more of this game. Also the faction mission chains too. They add a bit of story which is nice. It's more of the same though, beat a lot of people up, defend X amount of something etc but you are rewarded with short cutscenes and story moments.

I gave up on Jane after a while and did the Hulk chain and the Black Widow chain. I also played a couple of the different faction chains including one that I assume was DLC which was freakin hard. You had to fight some powered up Monica and her clones. Took me hours to beat that which sucked up a lot of the day.

I am kind of sad that the game isn't available to me any more when I probably only had a few more things that I was going to do on it. Might try and find a cheap copy somewhere or come back to it if I resub to game pass

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 cheers, yeah it's 8 quid. Nearest CEX that has stock is a bit of a trek though so I'm looking at eBay. Might even order off Amazon as it's £14 at the moment

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 I think it's like £1.95 or something here but except in extenuating circumstances, I usually refuse to order anything from CEX online because it's 1.95 per item. So if you order 8 things in one order then you have to pay delivery 8 times which I think is lame. I understand why they do it though, it's because they ship from individual stores but if lots of items ship from one store then the discount isn't passed on.

Anyway, I just signed up for one week of Amazon prime for 99p and ordered it from there for £14 so £15 total and it will arrive tomorrow. Seemed like the easiest thing for me to do 😅

I'll probably only get a few more hours out of it but I will keep thinking about it if I don't finish it on my terms and won't be able to start the next game 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

The game arrived today. Picked up where I left off which was half way through a Thor mission. I glitched the game by accident doing the bifrost move and not materialising. It meant I was invisible for the rest of the boss fight, couldn't attack and couldn't jump. All I could do was the RT all father power up thing, not that any attacks could benefit from it 😅. I just let my team finish off the mini boss...

I do lament the fact that now that I've bought the game that I will be missing out on the Spidey missions. If I was Gona buy it then I should have bought it for PlayStation. However I only have a PS4 so I wouldn't have the upgrades of the Series X on it so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose. It feels like Spidey might not be much different to play as than Widow and the Hawkeyes anyway seeing as they basically websling around levels

See ya!

Lavalera

@ralphdibny from what I've heard Spiderman doesn't even have his own story. So I don't think you are really missing out it. If you wanna play as Spiderman you're way better of to play the Spiderman remastered game

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

@Lavalera haha fair play. I actually did spider man back when it came out. I've been meaning to return to it to play the DLC and also play Miles Morales too.... Maybe I'll get a chance now that I'm subscription free!! (Well except NSO but I only had that to get the N64 controllers)

Sounds a bit like Mighty Thor then. I played through a bit of her mission chain and I don't remember any proper story missions, it was all "beat X amount of X" and "use X power so many times" stuff. She did have an animated cutscene to explain her presence at least.

The main 6's mission chains all seem to have some story attached to them

See ya!

Lavalera

@ralphdibny If you liked the main Spiderman game the dlc is more of that basically, also high quality. Miles Morales I still have to play but can do that soonish thanks to ps plus extra haha, it was still to costly to buy, since I'm fully digital. Looking forward to playing that soon as well.

The last time I played avengers was around the Hawkeye release, so didn't do the wakanda and other stuff after that. I was kinda done with the game at that point. The story bit is pretty good but the mp part is to repetitive and the updates to few and far between to keep engaged so I moved on and playing other stuff now

PSNid: Lavalera

ralphdibny

@Lavalera I hope I can get back into spider man without too much difficulty. It's always the problem I find with expansion packs, that I move on before they are released in their entirety. So I don't find time to go back and then I worry I have forgotten the controls and how the game plays which isn't a good starting point for post game content.

I think Wakanda was as close to a radical reinvention of Avengers as we are going to get. It felt new even if it was mostly just a reskin. But there still isn't much of it. It did contain the second most tedious boss fight I've encountered in the game so far, after the hours long Monica clone saga that I did a couple days ago.

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic