Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 621 to 640 of 664

Yousef-

@Pastellioli truth be told, as someone who was well acquainted with most 3rd party IPs before their smash debut, it’s actually always surreal hearing about people who got into them through smash, but still really cool!! I’m happy it made a couple people into fans of those properties.

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

Xbox Gamertag: ForgetMeNot3495

Pastellioli

@Yousef- Yes, it is cool! I hadn’t actually played a full Rare game at that point and now five years later I’m a huge fan of them and their properties. All it took for me to want a Xbox was Nintendo and a bear and bird duo lol.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

A random gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleeping.

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Yousef-

@Pastellioli welcome to team Xbox! Great to have ya.
As for what took me to join team Nintendo…. I want to say it’s IPs, but I can’t say I’ve beaten any of the big switch titles haha. I feel I spent more time on the system messing around than playing Zelda games, which remain my current target for experiencing Nintendo games so I do really wish I’ll get around beating my first Zelda eventually hahaha.

Banjo-

@Pastellioli I haven't played Digger T. Rock. What is that that you can't miss if you want to beat the game? I don't want to waste much time when I play that title! 😂

@Yousef @Pastellioli Very interesting conversation you two just had. My reason to join Xbox was Rare Replay and my reason to join Nintendo back in the day when I was little was Super Mario World. I asked my father to buy that console and game for me. It was actually already out and my cousins had it before me. Oh, sweet memories.

Banjo-

Pastellioli

@Banjo- The game isn’t good in my opinion and I moreso played it just for fun and why not, but the main objective in that game is to find a lost city of gold, which you get to in the final level, but if I recall, there is a super annoying dino that blocks the city entrance. If it weren’t for the game descriptions in Rare Replay, I would have been absolutely confused with what the game was about.

Throughout the game you collect tools to help traverse the caves, such as dynamite and jewels to distract bigger enemies. I wasn’t using a playthrough when I first played it, so I underestimated the importance of the items. When I got to the dino, I got confused over what to do and after I watched a playthrough and discovered I didn’t get enough items to finish the game, I had to go back to an older save state that took me back to the third level, and that time I made sure to collect a sufficient amount of items to get past the dino in the final level. I wasn’t super happy when I came to that realization and had to redo most of my progress.

That part is what I don’t miss a lot from the game since it’s annoying and how I had to nearly restart the entire game, though I did bother getting all the achievements for it including snapshots haha. The one thing the game is good at is being more playable than the Spectrum titles and a couple of the NES games with its controls lol. I’d say that Snake Rattle n Roll game they included was one of the more worser NES games. I’d actually take the stupid dino in the final level over that nonsensical and confusing final boss in Snake Rattle n Roll, which I might add actually prevented me from completing it the game.

One of the worst mistakes when playing some games is getting to the end and then realizing you forgot something crucial to completing it, making you start over from scratch. Though I should maybe be happy Digger T. Rock wasn’t a longer game. If it was, I would have been even more angrier and would have likely dropped it out of frustration.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Banjo-

@Pastellioli Thanks. That's very important to know. I want to get all the milestones and achievements in the collection, so what I do is get them when I'm playing a particular game, because getting the hang of some of them is hard enough. I used a video playthrough for Sabre Wulf because it's a labyrinth.

Banjo-

Pastellioli

@Banjo- Yes, I can agree. There were some other games in there like Cobra Triangle that I found super hard to master as well. When you do play Digger T. Rock, I’d recommend using a playthrough from start to finish. It isn’t a hard game and I’d say it’s one of the easier ones, but it can be helpful to show how much of each item you’ll need for the final level so you don’t repeat the same mistake I did when initially playing it. I also recommend turning on cheats provided in Rare Replay for this game, since if I recall in Digger T. Rock you have to get to the end of the levels within a time limit. Good luck getting all the milestones and achievements!

I did look and compare our achievements for the game on the Xbox app, and it looks like there was an extra achievement for Conker’s Bad Fur Day that you missed, and I know how to get it! I can tell you which one it is if you want.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Yousef-

Banjo- wrote:

@Pastellioli I haven't played Digger T. Rock. What is that that you can't miss if you want to beat the game? I don't want to waste much time when I play that title! 😂
@Yousef @Pastellioli Very interesting conversation you two just had. My reason to join Xbox was Rare Replay and my reason to join Nintendo back in the day when I was little was Super Mario World. I asked my father to buy that console and game for me. It was actually already out and my cousins had it before me. Oh, sweet memories.

@Banjo-
Yesss, I was a PlayStation fan most of my life. I got inti Nintendo and Xbox around my early 20s which must sound crazy to Xbox and Nintendo fans. As such, I somewhat lack the attachment someone would have to their IPs. I had a hard time finishing games on my switch because of that. It’s pretty crazy. Did finish a few though! Mario 64? Awesome! Kirby 64? Masterpiece in my book! And…. I can’t remember a lot of others off the top of my head xD.

it’s definitely true I was mainly screwing around, playing mainly a lot of third party stuff since that was within my comfort zone. Which I bet sounds insane to buy a Nintendo system for their third party software, but, hey! This morning I remembered I had three playthroughs of dark souls 1 on my switch which were friggin fantastic since I love the souls games!! And dragon quest? Hooooooh, boy. A childhood classic for sure, so I had fun revisiting it on switch. But not everything was a revisit….

My one fresh experience, if you can call it that, was playing the N64 version of banjo. Which I’m not an expert on despite 100%ing it (crazy sentence, I know) but I had fun! Thing is, despite my love for actions games and platformers, I had a hard time building any kind of strong attachment. Now if I knew how to post images, you would find that my switch physical collection is huge. 20 games, as a matter of fact! I have botw, dread, wariowate, even the 3D all star collection! Yet… I still had a hard time finding the time to finish them xD.

Maybe eventually. Zelda always felt “weird” but still very intriguing. Mario has a lot of collectathons which I have very little experience with outside of Banjo, Jak n Daxtor, Spyro and me emulating donkey Kong 64 that one time. I suppose Kirby 64 counts? I do adore that game. It’s likely my current favorite Nintendo game right now.

Banjo-

@Pastellioli I'll do that when playing those tricky games, thanks. Sure, let me know what I'm missing in Conker's Bad Fur Day. In Banjo-Kazooie, I didn't get the Jigsaw Maker achievement because the puzzles are increasingly more difficult and the time is very short, I might try again sometime because it's the only one I'm missing, maybe following a speedrunner video 🤣.

@Yousef- Wow, beating Dark Souls on Switch is remarkable considering the controls, graphics, etc. You have a lot of experience playing classics now after adding so many to your collection and it's never too late. Looking back on the 3D platformers, Super Mario 64 was innovative, but not as great as Banjo-Kazooie and I say this as someone who played Super Mario 64 many times at launch with 120 stars each time, because it was my first N64 game. Banjo-Tooie is delicious, but more complicated and Donkey Kong 64 is the biggest collectathon I've played.

I have only played Dragon Quest IV on NDS and I loved it, so I'll play the others too. Too many games, I need to choose one each time. I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII on Series X. Most of my gaming time is on this console, but I have a few Switch exclusives and even more on Wii U. I even have Switch games that I haven't played yet but I finally beat all my Wii and Wii U titles.

Since I got the Xbox One, I reduced my playing time on Nintendo because I find some of their recent games not as good as those on SNES, N64, Gamecube and even Wii. Moreover, I got the SNES Mini and Mega Drive Mini and I played some games I hadn't played before, like Super Metroid and Earthworm Jim and Earthworm Jim 2. I like how the three of us like playing old games as much as new ones 🙌. Pastellioli mentioned that thing about some old games that have aged better than others. Some games it's like they haven't aged at all and what came afterwards is not as good at least in my opinion, not even as responsive, tight and fun. Games like Super Mario World and the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy. On the other hand, some retro attempts are terrible, not just the indie titles but even Nintendo's own New Super Mario Bros. 2. Give me a good modern game or a good old game, no time for more, unless it's part of Rare Replay because I need to unlock everything in this collection 💚.

Banjo-

Pastellioli

@Banjo- You did get all the milestones and stamps for Conker in Rare Replay. The last achievement separate from the stamps in Rare Replay is Easy Does It, which is achieved by using a cheat.

Apologies if I can’t explain it well, but in the game during the file select screen, you go to the options section with the fire imp at the fireplace and move the joystick to the left I believe and then you’ll see cheats onscreen. You are then given a keyboard to enter a cheat.

There are multiple cheat names you can search up online and enter, but the one I entered to get the achievement I believe was either called “wellytop” or “nellytop,” which makes Conker playable in multiplayer. That’s all that you missed in the game. You should already have the game’s achievements at 100% upon entering the cheat

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Yousef-

@Banjo- appreciate it. 🙏
I didn’t get the notification on the app unfortunately so I’ll have to manually accept it on my Xbox whenever I boot it up.

Yousef-

I’ve started SMT V. The journey begins!

SixShootinRonin

Dragon's Dogma demo sold me.

Playing that and Still Wakes the Deep

SixShootinRonin

Xbox Gamertag: SpartanZVM

RaZieLDaNtE

Hello there fellow gamers.
Having finally beat the amazing Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC, I´m now back playing AC Odissey on my Series X.
Still have quite a few games on my backlog between PS5, Switch and Xbox SX, but I´m in no rush. Just enjoying my time with each one, until I finish them.
@Yousef- Enjoy SMT V. I might play P3 Reload before that one...... Or maybe I´ll just wait for Metaphor Refantazio. So many games and so many rpgs as of now. Wich is a very good thing.
Cheers everyone and happy gaming

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

Yousef-

@RaZieLDaNtE metaphor will be great.
Reload was cool although I’ve been eyeing the steelbook for SMT V… tempted to get it.

TheBigBlue

Just bought Devil May Cry 1-4 because they are dirt cheap during this summer sale and I had 20 dollars in rewards credits. Been playing through the first game for about 4 hours now. Oh man is it fun, but also pretty difficult. For a 2001 game, it looks really good. Gameplay isn’t half bad either. Just beat the second boss on my 6th try and I was mashing the attack buttons so hard my wrist started going stiff! People say DMC3 is the best one so I’m really looking forward to that

“FALCOOOOOOOOOON PUNCH”
-Solid Snake

RaZieLDaNtE

Hello there friends, sorry for the late reply.

@Yousef- Yes, very excited for Metaphor. It actualy looks like an inovation from the SMT and Persona series and I´m all here for it. And there is also Expedition 33 that does look fantastic as well.

@oliverp I have heard some people mentioning that you can´t play every single game out there, wich I kinda agree with that argument, but that does not mean I won´t try...... It might just take a lot of time to do it 😜 As long as I´m enjoying my time with them, then I think it´s fine, So yeah, no stress whatsoever.

@TheBigBlue Devil May Cry series is very beloved by it´s many fans, myself included, and having played all of them, all I can say is this was one of the few franchises that elevated the concecpt of Stylish games, with visuals, soundtrack and gameplay mechanics, since the better you play, the more rewards you get. And don´t feel bad if you don´t enjoy DMC2..... It is considered the "black sheep" of the franchise. But DMC1, DMC3 and DMC4 are Fantastic. And so is DMC5 wich I also recomend you playing next if you can. Have fun.
Cheers everyone and happy gaming

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

Yousef-

@RaZieLDaNtE hello and welcome back. Yeah it’s gonna be awesome. Hope you’re doing well and happy gaming.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic