Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 241 to 254 of 254

Lup

@Lavalera

Holy sh#t, what a time to be a Yakuza fan. Now I HAVE to play all the other ones. Ishin has me super hyped!

Regarding the First of the North Star game, I know it was probably because limitations of the time but there's a lot of turn-based games from the NES era that never left Japan. I think it could work. I mean, if it worked with Yakuza why not?
I'm a big fan of the manga/anime so to be honest any kind of game I would play regardless of the genre. I loved the the two Musou games back on PS3/360.
Maybe if Like a Dragon 8 is mega succesful? A man can dream.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Lavalera

@Lup I'm so hyped after that livestream it's insane. I knew about Like a dragon 8 and Ishin after the State of Play and now we got the side story with Kiryu as well. Wow just wow. Like you say it's a good time to be a Yakuza fan, or should we say Like a dragon fan now, since the series will get the same name in the west as in Japan and there its called Ryu Ga Gotoku (name of the studio as well) which means like a dragon). WIll be hard to get used to it haha.

Not saying turn based wont work for FIst of the North Star, i meant more it makes a lot less sense, since the Hokuto fighting style is based on hitting the pressure points on bodies and that would make a lot more sense as action type of combat. WIth Yakuza: Like a dragon, the change was easier since a new protagonist which isnt based on an existing character like Fist was. I heard there is going to be some Fist of the North star boxing game on the Switch or something like that? I dont play on switch but i read it somewhere, so maybe it's something for you if you own a switch

PSNid: Lavalera

Akimi

Going back and playing games I missed on the Xbox One.
Finished Quantum Break this weekend and started playing Recore. As a Remedy fan I found Quantum Break to be one of their weakest games. It was an interesting experiment that I didn't feel worked out that well. It's definitely well made, and the action is great as always, but I didn't find the story that engaging. The TV episode bits were a slog and messed with the flow of the game. Not a bad game, just ok for me.

Recore I am really enjoying so far! Simple fun gameplay with some nice narration, sometimes that's all that's needed.

Akimi

ApostateMage

Immortals: Fenyx Rising. I've only played a few hours so far but I'm really digging it.

ApostateMage

Krzzystuff

I'm trying to finish Hades, doing another playthrough of As Dusk Falls and i just started playing Ni No Kuni.... which turns out is freaking awesome. Gotta get back into the Ascent abd finish that off. Getting too many things going at once. Fall guys and Halo in there as well... with limited gaming time is a big issue lol.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Balta666

@Krzzystuff regarding Hades you mean a first clear or something down the line (it is a game you can choose many different ways to "finish" the game)?

Balta666

Krzzystuff

@Balta666 lol no clue. It would be my first time beating Hades. I don't know what comes after that

Krzzystuff

Balta666

@Krzzystuff if you are enjoying the game for the story, you are just starting the game .
It took me 23 attemps for a first clear and only stopped at 85h lol.

Which is your favourite weapon? I love the bow the best bit I know it is not a very common oppinion.

Balta666

Krzzystuff

@Balta666 the bow is definitely my favorite. I've never actually used the shield yet, used it on skully and changed it back.

Krzzystuff

HarmanSmith

@ApostateMage I really, really liked Immortals. Of course, it has some faults, but overall I think it's my favorite Ubi game in a while!

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Balta666

@SinfulDestroyer @HarmanSmith I played the full game and imo it is ok but nothing groundbreaking. It is a mix of pikmin with a collecthaton platformer, the enviromments are very well done but the game is very very easy

Balta666

Clankylad

I’m enjoying Train Sim World 3, surprisingly satisfying once you take the time and every train is different to drive. I’m quite tempted to buy the steam train add on, although God knows I have enough trouble with electric ones - you do need to do the tutorial for each different locomotive before trying a scenario with it, or you are liable to be sat at the platform wondering how the hell to get it moving.

Clankylad

HarmanSmith

@Balta666 I haven't tried Pikmin yet, but I sure love a platformer every now and then. Gonna check it out then!

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic