Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 221 to 240 of 584

HarmanSmith

@Banjo- @Balta666 It is interesting to read your comments on What Remains of Edith Finch.

I was mildly interested in this, since it got high praise from players and press alike, so I have it on my SSD. But I don't remember if I bought it on sale or if I only have it because of Game Pass, lol.

If I have to buy it, then I will wait for a sale.

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Lup

I'm playing Fable 2. As a Sony guy, I never had the chance before, and I'm loving it so far. I think I like it better than the first one though it annoys me the lack of a mini-map without having to pause the game.

Lup

Lup

@Balta666 I switched to Fenyx Rising and then I switched to A Plague Tale, since it's leaving Game Pass and we'll get the second one.
Liking it so far.

Edit: Why is Hugo so damn adorable?

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Lavalera

Currently playing Alice madness returns. Was in the mood for some 360 era games and never played this one. Normally not the biggest platforming fan but the spooky atmosphere gives thsi one a whole new dimension. This is the type of horror game I like to play something where you aren't chased by some big bad meanie monster all the time.

PSNid: Lavalera

Lavalera

@Balta666 Sad to hear it bugged out on you, it's such a unique and entertaining game. The spooky atmosphere is fantastic and kinda reminds me of Lost in Random but then a few tints darker. I wished more games were released with this kind of atmosphere without being a survival horror (which are mostly to stressfull for me.

Lup

Yakuza 0 finally. After years of wanting to play it, but to be honest I felt a little overwhelmed with all the substories. I'm a completionist too, so yeah.
I don't remember 5 (the last one I played) having so many, or maybe that's because there were more characters.
Great game though, it's so freaking weird and funny like always.

Lup

Lavalera

@Lup Yakuza 0 is so amazing. After Like a dragon it's my 2nd favorite of the series. I just love the way it extends the history of Kiryu and Majima and basically explains a lot more of the characters and how they came to be.

Lup

@Lavalera

I'm dying to play Like a Dragon (love Yakuza and love turn-based RPGs) but I still need to play a few Yakuza games before.
I only played original one on PS2, 4 and 5 on PS3.
2 and 3 were incredibly hard to find and collector's level expensive if you did find them (at least in my country) so I wanna play those first.
I'll probably end up (re)playing the whole series. Oh, and the Hokuto no Ken one too.
So yeah, it'll be a while before I play Like a Dragon.
My favorite so far is 5, but 0 seems to be great too.
My dream is a Hokuto turn-based game kinda Like a Dragon, but with the whackiness toned down. I love the crazy stuff in Yakuza, but I feel like it doesn't go that well with Hokuto no Ken.
Would go well with something like JoJo though.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Lavalera

@Lup gotcha. My first one was Like a dragon actually. Was one of the first games I bought when I got my series s. Was a gamble since I didn't know if I would like it or not but I loved it so much I started playing 0 to 6 on gamepass and bought judgment and lost judgment when they came to Xbox since I was so in love the series.
Fist of the north or Hokuto no Ken as you name it was the last one I played since I jsut got my first ever playstation with the ps5 in January. That game is in so many ways Yakuza just set in a different world. Not the best in the series as far as I'm concerned but even the worst rgg games are still highly enjoyable. Fist of the north star won't work as a turn based rpg imo since it's based on a martial arts Manga where the main character is supposed to be like Bruce Lee in a mad max world and for that the brawler type suits well but turn based not so much. But who knows if a new ip would work.

Curious to see what they will announce tomorrow at the rgg showcase hoping on some of the games like dead souls and isshin coming to modern consoles next to yakuza 8 but we will see. It is by far my favorite series and studio now and will gladly eat anything they serve me, even Binary domain which was their cover based shooter they made years ago which was enjoyable

Lup

@Lavalera

Holy sh#t, what a time to be a Yakuza fan. Now I HAVE to play all the other ones. Ishin has me super hyped!

Regarding the First of the North Star game, I know it was probably because limitations of the time but there's a lot of turn-based games from the NES era that never left Japan. I think it could work. I mean, if it worked with Yakuza why not?
I'm a big fan of the manga/anime so to be honest any kind of game I would play regardless of the genre. I loved the the two Musou games back on PS3/360.
Maybe if Like a Dragon 8 is mega succesful? A man can dream.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Lavalera

@Lup I'm so hyped after that livestream it's insane. I knew about Like a dragon 8 and Ishin after the State of Play and now we got the side story with Kiryu as well. Wow just wow. Like you say it's a good time to be a Yakuza fan, or should we say Like a dragon fan now, since the series will get the same name in the west as in Japan and there its called Ryu Ga Gotoku (name of the studio as well) which means like a dragon). WIll be hard to get used to it haha.

Not saying turn based wont work for FIst of the North Star, i meant more it makes a lot less sense, since the Hokuto fighting style is based on hitting the pressure points on bodies and that would make a lot more sense as action type of combat. WIth Yakuza: Like a dragon, the change was easier since a new protagonist which isnt based on an existing character like Fist was. I heard there is going to be some Fist of the North star boxing game on the Switch or something like that? I dont play on switch but i read it somewhere, so maybe it's something for you if you own a switch

Akimi

Going back and playing games I missed on the Xbox One.
Finished Quantum Break this weekend and started playing Recore. As a Remedy fan I found Quantum Break to be one of their weakest games. It was an interesting experiment that I didn't feel worked out that well. It's definitely well made, and the action is great as always, but I didn't find the story that engaging. The TV episode bits were a slog and messed with the flow of the game. Not a bad game, just ok for me.

Recore I am really enjoying so far! Simple fun gameplay with some nice narration, sometimes that's all that's needed.

Akimi

ApostateMage

Immortals: Fenyx Rising. I've only played a few hours so far but I'm really digging it.

ApostateMage

Krzzystuff

I'm trying to finish Hades, doing another playthrough of As Dusk Falls and i just started playing Ni No Kuni.... which turns out is freaking awesome. Gotta get back into the Ascent abd finish that off. Getting too many things going at once. Fall guys and Halo in there as well... with limited gaming time is a big issue lol.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic