Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 201 to 220 of 584

el_pieablo

I've just beaten The Evil Within, I've had it for years but never got round to finishing it. Decided to do it. Wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Playing Metro Last Light atm.

How appropriate, you fight like a cow

dmcc0

Still really into SnowRunner - about 100hours in now. I've now unlocked all 4 of the Michigan maps and, having done all the side quests, have only 3 main campaign contracts remaining in the region. The second two maps are a bit smaller than the first 2, but don't have a garage and have limited refuelling stations, so need to plan the journeys a bit more.

This game has seriously taken over my gaming life. Apart from the odd round of Rocket League and a level or 2 of Shredder's Revenge (playing through story mode with each character) I've played nothing else. Haven't even picked up my Switch for over a month.

dmcc0

crippyd

I've just finished Road 96 and really enjoyed it. An easy, chilled game with a good story.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

LtSarge

I'm five hours into Eiyuden Chronicle and I'm going to be honest, the game feels like a chore to play right now. You spend so little time exploring areas and spend so much time building your town with dozens of shops. It honestly feels a bit overkill to have these many shops for a game of this size, you don't really need all that help. Then you have 160 side quests, which is a ridiculous amount because according to HowLongToBeat, the game is only roughly 10 hours long.

It genuinely feels like the developers didn't have that much time creating tons of areas to explore and because of that, they designed the game around a few areas, hence creating the aspect of building a town and having hundreds of side quests. Because you're constantly revisiting the same places in order to complete these side quests. As a result, it doesn't feel like a game where you're adventuring and such. It feels like a bloated mess, you literally spend 20-30 minutes developing your town for 5-10 minutes of adventuring. It's an awful mix, it should be the other way around.

I still want to see it through to the end considering I've played it for so long already. And the combat is actually quite fun and unique, so I'll give the game that. But man I wish I could just explore places for more than 10 minutes before reaching a roadblock and being forced to return to town in order to do several side quests and unlock the item I need to progress.

LtSarge

Lavalera

@LtSarge I can fully understand the criticism on Rising. That's what a lot more people think about it. Just like @Balta666 said it didn't bother me at all since it is so short and i didn't play it in 1 go but over several days and then it wasn't that bad.
Just a few facts about Rising: it is meant as a bonus prequel for the kickstarted jrpg Eiyuden chronicles: Hundred Heroes, which will come out next year. That will be a full fledgeg turn based JRPG, which is a spiritual successor to the Suikoden series. Rising is basically meant to introduce the pre war world and your side characters in the main world. Since most resouces are being focussed on the main game and this is a bonus, i can understand it can feel cheap.

PSNid: Lavalera

LtSarge

@Balta666 Those are also some of the reasons why I haven't stopped playing it.

@Lavalera That makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I'm curious to see what the sequel will be like. Looking forward to it!

LtSarge

Lavalera

@LtSarge np m8. I'm also looking forward to it. Getting more into jrpg lately and seeing Xbox is finally getting more jrpg is a good thing. Sure I can play jrpg on my ps5 or on my wife's switch but I prefer having a choice where to play so seeing Xbox also is getting them is a huge deal.

el_pieablo

el_pieablo wrote:

I've just beaten The Evil Within, I've had it for years but never got round to finishing it. Decided to do it. Wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Playing Metro Last Light atm.

Well I beat Metro Last Light couple days ago, then today tried Ryse Son of Man. Bested that in about 5 hours. (Granted I did play first 2 levels 3 years ago). Not sure what I'm going to try next, may be Guardians of The galaxy, Road 96 or Chinatown Detective Agency

How appropriate, you fight like a cow

Lup

Playing Gears 2 for the first time. I think I'm near the end. Really cool game.
Also a little of NFS Heat here and there but I've lost my love for the series.
I also got Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace last week (I'm a fan of the board game) and I'm really tempted to give it a go.

@el_pieablo

As a longtime Sony user I always wanted to play that one. Is it really that short? I kinda wanna something short like that right now.

Edited on by Lup

Lup

Lavalera

I just started final fantasy 13 for the first time. I only played 7, 14 and 15 before. 15 I didn't like at all but 14 and 7 are great and since 13 is still on gamepass I decided to give that one a go next. I know people don't like it as much as the other but have to experience it myself. At least it doesn't start as bad as 15 does

Banjo-

What Remains of Edith Finch (Series X)

Am I liking the story? No. I read it's depressing... I'd say it's depraved and that's the only reason why some would be intrigued.

Am I liking the gameplay? No.

How far am I? Apparently, two stories.

Why right trigger is A without telling the player? No idea.

Am I going to finish it? I don't know.

Banjo-

Bmartin001

I'm currently playing AC Brotherhood on the Ezio collection..

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

Balta666

Decided to retire elden ring after 65-70h and about level 120. I know that I am close to end game but I am getting bored with it. For me the souls game work better in a close enviromment (maybe it does not help that I played the whole trilogy this year...).

I am now back to the first playthrough of metal gear solid series, still early on with MGS2 (in the first mission on the boat playing as snake)

Banjo-

@Balta666 I wanted to get the three achievements for the Rewards because I'm busier than usual but didn't get any playing those two stories.

Banjo-

Lavalera

@Balta666 Yeah i'm having a good time with 13. It's pretty enjoyable and all the battle systems are explained pretty well. Only 6 hours in so cant say much about the story yet. But yeah from what i've played its a lot better than xv. I tried that for about 10 hours or something, and just couldn't get into it. Spending half my time sitting in a car feeling like i'm some Backstreet Boy isn't my idea of a fun game.

To bad you didnt like Edith Finch. I understand it's a type of game which isn't for everyone. In principle it's a very basic walking sim with a sad story which is told in mostly different ways per story. The very relaxing nature of it all combined with the unique story telling made me enjoy it very much. But yeah its not a game for everyone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic