Forums

Topic: Now Playing on Xbox Series X|S

Posts 161 to 180 of 579

SingleStooge

Tunic
A Plague Tale Innocence

SingleStooge

Balta666

I have played about 2h of trek to yomi. The style is very cool with the black and white and japanese only cast (very good performance). I saw many complaining about the combat and glitches but I did not have many issues so far (starting chapter 5 of 6/7) altough I do not use parry or stunning very Often as I am a bigger fan of combos and dodging.

Lavalera

I decided to start up Eiyuden chronicles. And its pretty relaxing and fun. Metroidvania style rpg which isn't challenging really, like some metroivanias can be. It's a fun short game on the side, i heard its like 12 hours long or around that and ive played around 8 hours.

PSNid: Lavalera

Bmartin001

Currently playing Ori And The Will Of The Wisps..

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

Balta666

I have also been playing Eiyuden Chronicles and it is quite fun even not challenging. I can understand why so many reviewers got mas with the stamps (160 total...) But I am a sucker for unlocking stuff so I am enjoying that part. The only part I am not very fond is that CJ is better than the other playable characters in every way so I just use the others when really necessary and for combos.

Krzzystuff

I'm playing Eiyuden Chronicles on xcloud and after wrapping up the Infinite campaign I'm now playing the Ascent. I'm really enjoying the Ascent, the world looks awesome....like fantastic graphics and little details. I'm still getting used to the controls but i find myself exploring all the time and just love getting better weapons to blow stuff up with...and the explosions are sooooo satisfying in this game.

Eiyuden Chronicles is a good chill out game, rather easy and lots of fetch quests but it looks great and the music is fantastic. Really just like playing it because it's relaxing. Has fishing....i know some folks love finishing in games.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Lavalera

Playing final fantasy VII now. My first time playing it. I wanna play it before i start the remake later one in the year. It looks and feels very old but it's a good game nonetheless.

Balta666

I am starting the metal gear solid HD collection. It is my first playthrough of the series. Last week I first tried a bit of the OG games but they are too archaic for my taste and decided to just grab the story so far on YouTube. Then moved to the 3d one and beat it yesterday. The gameplay is far from great but I have enjoyed the bonkers story. Now moving on to the ugly duck of the series (as far as I heard)

P.s: altough I never played the games for long I know a fair bit of its most known parts

Lavalera

After finishing up ff7 I decided to try another highly rated JRPG, Dq11. It's been on my play later list for a while on gamepass and since I'm in a jrpg mood I decided to play this one. Can't say much about it yet since I just started, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy my ride seeing the positive reviews. This one seems to be a whole lot less dark than ff7 more like the polar opposite. It feels kinda cutesy sometimes, but that might also be because of the Nintendo style graphics.

Balta666

I have been bouncing between quite a few games (which is uncommon to me) but decided to finally start elden ring. I like it but whenever I enter a "dungeon" I end up missing torrent as killing anything outside is quite trivial with the added mobility but then on foot I feel almost naked in comparison (same feeling on not using a shield altough many times I end up not raising it or go 2H but I know it is there to help me take the hit if needed)

Lavalera

@Balta666 yeah i played the OG ff7 for the first time. I can fully understand why it's the favorite game of a lot of people. I think if i played it during the time it released it probably would be high on my list as well. The game is 25 years old at this time and its hard for me to judge it based on how it played during that time. The story certainly still holds up nowadays and is brilliant. But graphics, music, gameplay etc is harder to judge since it feels old in a lot of ways, which is logical since its that old. It didn't bother me that much but i also didn't give me best game of all time vibes, since it feels so old.

Fun thing about the classical turn based combat: I never really liked it in the past, always been more of an action type person, but since Yakuza like a dragon i started to like turn based combat as well. I still haven't played many turn based games, but it doesn't keep me from playing a game anymore if it has turn based combat.

Until now I'm absolutely loving DQ11. I don't know what it is, but the game feels so relaxing in a way. Not to difficult to understand, everything is quite forward in the game.

KilloWertz

@Lavalera Kinda butting into a conversation, but given how big of a fan I am of Final Fantasy 7 Remake (ignoring the hate the remake series is now getting from some people), I need to go back and play the original again at some point. Between my backlog and a potential flood of new games coming out later in the year, I don't see it happening this year, but someday hopefully. I never did finish it back in the day.

I also look forward to playing Dragon Quest 11 someday as well, as it looks to be right up my alley, but I've kept putting it off since it's release on PS4/Xbox. Whenever I have over 100 hours to commit to a JRPG that is.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Lavalera

@KilloWertz I have yet to play Ff7 remake. I decided after some advise from people to wait playing it until i played the original one. From what i've understood you would understand certain subtleties in the remake better after you played the original. Now that crisis core is also launching this winter, i moved 7 remake even further ahead in time, so i basically first play the original game and its prequel before the remake. Tbh i don't really mind the remake not being a 1 on 1 remake, i always see remakes as a movie adaptation of a book, so more based on. So I'm going to play and judge it as a seperate game as it in my opinion should.

I know the whole backlog and new game release problem. My backlog is also huge and with the release of ps plus extra here tomorrow (I'm in Europe), the total backlog is only getting bigger. I always play 2 games at the same time, 1 on Xbox 1 on Playstation and i try to keep switching between game types so i don't really play 2 of the same type of games at the same time. I made a list of next 10 games to play on both systems and decided to only buy games day 1 if i really can't wait playing them. That way i keep my backlog in check and I'm not getting to stressed to finish a game that fast.

KilloWertz

@Lavalera I didn't know that you haven't played it yet, but that makes sense. Not a spoiler, but part of the end of FF7 Remake would probably have more impact if you've played Crisis Core first. The connection kind of got lost on me.

For me, a big part of it was bouncing between two consoles. I'm not getting rid of my Series X, but at least for a while I plan on using it very sparingly and use my PS5 to play mostly everything. I don't want to go into next generation having missed quite a few games because I didn't have a primary focus on one platform or the other.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Balta666

@KilloWertz I also have not played remake at this point. Firstly because I do not own a PS4/5 but to be fair FF 7 was most likely the only game that would make me buy one however I was really pissed when they swapped the gameplay from classic to more in line with Kingdom hearts and then I played a demo prior to launch and really really did not like it at the boss fight. I will play it at some point though (most likely on Steam)

Edited on by Balta666

R1spam

I've just started playing sniper elite 5. First time I've never tried any game in the series and this game hasn't been what I expected at all. I've only made it to the resistance House on the first level but I've been blown away by the sandbox. It's given me the hitman feels. Has anyone tried the coop mode? It looks like it might be really fun, someone going all guns blazing while someone provides top cover support with some well placed sniping!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

el_pieablo

Started Dragon Age Inquisition but not sure if I'll keep at it, I remember when i beat it on 360 and it took me about 80 hours!

How appropriate, you fight like a cow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic