Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,436

Senua

@BAMozzy One journalist has measured the temperature of the XSX prototype and according to him it is 45C after 4 hours of gaming.

Senua

Senua

Horribly optimised and poorly scaled dragon engine doesn’t even run on 4K60 on 2080 PC.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Ryall

@Senua Ryu Ga Gotoku are able to iterate quickly and push out massive high quality games every year. Because they don’t spend huge amounts of time optimising to the highest possible resolution. Microsoft first party stuff will probably hit 4K 60 but they are far less prolific.

Interesting to know that 1440p on the series X translates to 900p on the series S.

Ryall

Senua

@Ryall “Massive”, “high quality” these terms are questionable when thousand times bigger and more performance intensive cross gen titles like Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion or even Cyberpunk which is the biggest and densest open world of the decade (to the point it absolutely needs RT according to DF) and is from a small independent studio are able to perfectly scale the hardware and run at highest fidelities. Shame on such lazy trash developers from a well known studio. And yes I have little doubt that Microsoft’s upcoming AAA IPs will be pushing the hardware as they have way bigger lineup of next-gen exclusives right now but 99% of other 3rd party titles will do so too in few years after they have upgraded to next gen engines and Gamecore.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BAMozzy

@Senua So??? That Journalist is still measuring the 'EXTERNAL' temperature and that 'estimate' was an estimate of the actual APU running temp.

Like I said, its like comparing the temperature of the actual engine with the external temperature - two completely different points that should be quite different. If you actually bothered to read the article, the estimated running temp of the Series X was 52-62 degrees compared to the running temp of the PS5 at 55-65 degrees - meaning that the 'peak' temperature the APU will reach (estimated), is 62 degrees for Series X and 65 degrees for PS5. If you could strip the console down and measure the temperature of the APU, that's its 'estimated' temperature.

That is not a safe temperature and can cause burns to people - but fortunately, that's deep inside the console and to stop it getting too hot, stop it melting or damaging other components, melting the solder that holds parts on etc, there is cooling systems designed to take away that heat, cool it and exhaust it so external temps are NOT as high as the internal APU can get.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

BazzaRFC

Does anyone know if the live gold subscription will work on the new series consoles? As I don't want to get game pass as I will be buying my games individually.

BazzaRFC

Banjo-

@BazzaRFC You can use your Gold subscription on any console you sign in including the new consoles.

Banjo-

AkashTheGod99

Another question, do Xbox one discs work with the Series X, the game is Halo: MCC

AkashTheGod99

BAMozzy

@AkashTheGod99 Yes. Games don't run from Discs anyway but the disc will be needed to verify you have a valid licence to play the game. If there is a Series X version of the game, like Gears 5 will have, it will download and install that version - although you will still need the disc to verify you have a licence to play it.

The Disc is either used to install the software or download the software - the game doesn't run from the Bluray drive at all. Its only function after install is to verify you own the game and therefore have a valid licence to play it.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@AkashTheGod99 No probs

Incidentally for yours and anyone else who doesn't know, when you buy a 'game', you are NOT purchasing the Software, you are actually buying a Licence to use that software under the Terms and Conditions stipulated. When you sell a disc for example, what you are actually trading is your licence to play. The disc contains a copy of that software BUT that software is actually owned by the Publisher or Developer.

Obviously there are different forms of a Licence - from 'general' as on a disc, meaning anyone who has that disc can play that game so if you have a family for example, regardless of the profile signed in, it will allow access or you can let a friend borrow it and they can access the game. Exclusive Licence, like Digital Games have that are locked to your Profile so you have to sign into your account to play the games and even 'conditional' licences - such as must have an Active Gold subscription, Must have an Active Game Pass subscription AND the game must still be in Game Pass. You can even have temporary licences that expire after a certain time - either fixed real world time (after 1 week) or in game time (after 10hrs) for demo's, betas etc.

Games with Gold gives you 4 exclusive licences - 2 permanent (BC games) and 2 conditional (XB1 games) and of course to play them, you do get access to download the software but that software is not owned by you.

The reason you need to put Discs in consoles nowadays is just to verify you still have a 'general' licence to play as the Software is installed and running from your Storage (HDD/SSD). It stops people installing the software on 1 device and then selling it on but still able to access that software. Stops games being pirated etc. Anyone can copy the software and install it, but its still only accessible if you have a valid licence.

Banjo-

This is a great video comparing PS5 and Series X hardware design. As I have said before without the knowledge that Digital Foundry has, the PS5 design is for reducing costs, especially the size, the less dense motherboard and the cooling system. I wonder the same about the liquid metal, the variable speeds and the SSD dock. One more month and we'll have these people checking the real thing!

Banjo-

Senua

@BlueOcean I’m reading some top comments and it seems 🦄 hypocrite warriors have waged a war against Digitalfoundry. Kinda disappointing and heartbreaking when experts like Digitalfoundry gets flak from toxic fangirls for pointing out the truth and seeing through deceit whereas the real corporate biased media who thrives on clickbaity false narrative traps gets accolades for it. I mean let’s be real they are getting flak for not speaking on a imaginary feature which is never confirmed and doesn’t even exist in the first place. All these are Pushsquare, IGN, Resetera cabals who like to shift goalposts and create some new imaginary rumour out of thin air every single day.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

@Senua Yeah it doesn't make any sense, Richard Leadbetter is being honest and objective as always.

Banjo-

redd214

@BlueOcean very informative vid, thanks for sharing!

Here's a 60/120 comparison vid from Dirt 5 running on the X if anyone is interested. Cant wait to see this for myself, without the compression of course!

redd214

Senua

@redd214 “Microsoft sends youtubers flagship LG OLEDs along with prototype Series X” should be the headline across media outlets. 😂

Senua

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic