Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,430 of 1,430

BrilliantBill

Hey all,
I have a question regarding migrating from a One S to a Series X, I have had the trusty little One S for a few years now. But I am planning to move to Series X soon. My question is about the transfer of all the saves and data. How does it usually work with Xbox, you just log in on your new console and all your games and saves are there? Because I have close to 15 games in my backlog where I have different amounts of progress in the game but for example with 65 hrs into AC Valhalla, I cannot really lose that save. Are they all always backed up to the cloud? Or should I get a membership active like GP Ultimate?

BrilliantBill

BAMozzy

@BrilliantBill All saves should be in the cloud and your 'digital' Library should be ready to re-download - if you don't use an external Storage option. As long as you set up your Series console with the same account details, you should have your saves but obviously would need to redownload and/or update to the Series X version - needed for AC: Valhalla for example. I believe Cloud saves are the 'norm' for everyone on Xbox. I can redownload 360 games for example and still carry on where I left off despite not playing since the 360 days. I know from jumping between my Series and One X consoles, sometimes they may need to 'sync' but as long as you are/were connected to the internet the last time you played and saved, it should be saved to the cloud.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

VoidPunk

What's a good difficulty/starting position for Forza Motorsport for a newer player?

I've been floating around 4-5 with a position of 10-12 and enjoying it, but sometimes it feels like I'm not getting the full experience.

I’m like a pizza cutter, all edge and no point!

BAMozzy

@VoidPunk The point is that Forza allows you to tweak a whole host of settings - from the full racing line being shown to braking only to no assistance. Same with things like automatic/manual gears, traction control etc so you can tweak virtually everything to suit your ability.

I don't know what you mean by 'Full' experience - short of buying a Racing Sim set-up with steering wheel etc and 'Racing' with no 'assistance' so you get the 'full' Racing experience - or as close as Forza gets to driving a real car around a real track.

The point is with this is that you set the amount of Assistance and/or difficulty to suit the experience you want. If you want to, turning off the ability to 'rewind' for example adds to the difficulty and risk. As everyone is 'different', what you consider the right balance for you as a 'newer' player could be too much for another 'newer' player so its best to play around and adjust things as you go. You may start off with the racing line today but a week later decide the Braking lines are all you want or maybe no assistance there at all...

Dimey

I wonder when games will stop being released on PS4 / Xbox One?

Dimey

BAMozzy

@Dimey When devs/Publisher either can't 'port' their game down and spend months on trying to get it working or decide to focus purely on Current gen Consoles.

Whilst there are still gamers on XB1/PS4, there is still a 'market' for games and if they can sell to enough people to 'justify' a PS4/XB1 version, regardless of 'how' bad it looks/plays compared to the 'current' gen, they will do it.

Look at the PS3/XB360 era - games like Call of Duty or Fifa continued well into the PS4/XB1 era - that was with quite a big difference in Specs. 512mb of RAM to 8GB is a 16x leap for example - yet it still proved to be 'financially' worth porting games - even if they were missing Single Players and/or simplified graphically so much.

Its a bit like the Witcher 3, Doom/Wolfenstein or many other 'Switch' ports that were 'worth' porting to that system because the Sales justified the work to bring those games to that system. The difference is that Switch is/was a 'current' system with a growing user base, where as last gen systems are no longer in production and have a shrinking user base. At some point, devs will decide that there isn't enough players likely to 'buy' their game to warrant the work or decide that their game will only be on Current hardware.

InsaneWade

@Dimey @BAMozzy Another way to think about it is with past history, PS2 had its last game in 2013 (Pro Evolution Soccer 2014). Xbox 360 (Just Dance 2019) ended in 2018. Nintendo Wii (Just Dance 2020) in 2019. With PS3's last game was in 2020 (Shakedown: Hawaii). About 13-14 years of existence, which would mean we're 2-3 years away from final support if we go with that pattern.

InsaneWade

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic