Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,436

Senua

Untitled

Absolutely destroyed those hypocrite journalists at Polygon in just one line.

Untitled

Take that Geoff Keighley and notebookcheck. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited on by Senua

Senua

AkashTheGod99

@senua
@blueOcean @BAMozzy @fraserg

I have a question, If I buy a xbox one game, download it on my xbox one s, what is the process to get it on my xbox series s, does it need to support smart delivery? or does it automatically transfer? The game is Halo MCC by the way (I tagged you guys because I see you frequenting the forum)

AkashTheGod99

Banjo-

@AkashTheGod99 You'll download it again on Series S or use an external HDD to bring the game to your new console. If they upgrade the title for the new consoles you'll get the update automatically and free.

You don't need Smart Delivery because every Xbox One game will be playable on Series S. Smart Delivery means that you can buy the Xbox One or Series version of the game and get the appropriate version for whatever console you want to play the game on but in this case, there is no "Series" version yet. If they release one, you'll get it, meanwhile you'll play the game as it is on both consoles (with better performance on the new console).

Game and save file will transfer, no problem 👍🏻.

Banjo-

Senua

Guess we will have excess of games after Bethesda acquisitions.
Xbox hater journalists will be complaining like xBux gOT tOo mAnY gAmES NoW 😭🦄🤮🤧 and here’s 1000 words on how that’s a bad thing. 😂

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

I can see those "journalists" already, "Xbox has lost its focus with too many games", "The Xbox identity has been lost in an excess of genres and titles", "100 exclusives and still no trace of something as stirring as The Last of Us II Remastered"...

Banjo-

Zuljaras

Guys do you think that Series X (NOT the S ofc.) could be setup offline or it will be the same as with the Xbox One?

There were rumors before that you can update your One offline with USB storage (the first time or after factory settings reset) but it did not work.

I watch the unboxing videos and the BC test with the hope to see offline profiles again like on the 360.

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

AkashTheGod99

Hey guys, I pre-ordered my Xbox series x, and I wanted to ask you guys something about getting an Xbox series s on launch. It has it listed as 3.AM as the release time, so would I have to stay up all night, or could I wake up in the morning, and then order it.

AkashTheGod99

Banjo-

thejameswhogames wrote:

@BlueOcean I'm switching from PlayStation to Xbox because I'm tired of playing 3rd person action adventure games which is literally Sony's entire exclusive portfolio.

That's pretty much it.

Banjo-

BAMozzy

@AkashTheGod99 You can pre-order at anytime - if they have stock available. I don't know what difference the release time makes unless you plan to queue up at the store (assuming its open) and pick up your pre-order. If you pre-order, it will be 'reserved' for you to pick up when you want and/or dispatched to your delivery address in time to arrive on launch day.

If you wait until launch day and try to purchase one, you may find they are out of stock and have to wait until new stock arrives. Its going to be better to order one as soon as possible because I expect that people will be ordering between now and launch and the next 'few' deliveries could be sold out before they even get to the shelves.

It seems that the Series S is not in as high a demand - I heard that shops were getting quite a few less Series S's but still sold out of Series X consoles much faster. If you can find a store with Series S's and you definitely want one at launch, pre-order as soon as possible before someone else does. Shops may well also take orders for subsequent deliveries so the sooner you pre-order, the higher up the queue you will be. As soon as shops get new stock, they will be working through the queue and the sooner you order, the higher up the queue you will be.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

AkashTheGod99

@BAMozzy
Thank you! and I made a mistake, I meant buy, so what would you recomend, I am planning on buying it from Best Buy, what would you recomend I do,

AkashTheGod99

sixrings

If I buy a series x for the living room and a series x for the bed room and a series x for the basement. Can I play my digital games between all three. Sometimes I don't get the living room tv. Sometime my wife kicks me out of the bedroom. And sometimes I live in the basement.

sixrings

Bezbot

@sixrings Yes if you sign in to your account on each and play it on there. You will be only able to have one primary console though that shares the games with every other user on the console.

Bezbot

Xbox Gamertag: bezbot7

Senua

XSX blows air at 45C...pony media goes - ooo ooo Xbox burning my skin call 911...well sir plz apply some ps5 over your burns now.

Untitled

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BAMozzy

@AkashTheGod99 What I would recommend would depend on what you want.

If you want one at launch, then I recommend finding ANY retailer with stock, if they still have any, and pre-ordering as soon as possible. If no-one has stock, still pre-order to get your name on the list so that when stock does come in, you are high up on the list to get one.

If its not that important when you get one, you can wait and see if any stores have any after launch - but with Christmas coming and demand quite high, you may have to wait until next year.

It really does depend on you and what you want. MS will be releasing new details and building up the hype between now and release so demand could increase. The more you delay, the more of this years stock will be sold and the further down the list you will end up if you do decide to pre-order. As I said, it really depends on whether that matters to you or not, but if you want one for launch, I would be looking to find out if any has stock to pre-order, registering with all the stockists to be notified as soon as more stock becomes available to pre-order, doing what I can to maximise my chance of getting one sooner rather than later. If you can wait - even until after Christmas if necessary, then perhaps I would just wait and see what happens.

BAMozzy

@Senua if you read that, it says 'Estimated' running temperatures and that the 'difference' was still only a few degrees. Series X estimated to run at 52-62 degrees whilst PS5 estimated to run at 55-65 degrees. All that based on just clock speeds and PSU's. Its possible the PS5 exhaust could be lower as the heat has a lot more surface area internally to dissipate so the air coming out is 'cooled' more. There is quite a difference too between the 'peak' temperature of the Chip (65 degrees) compared to the temperature of the exhaust air

Its like blowing out air through a 'shorter' pipe will come out the other end warmer than travelling through a long pipe - at the end of the day, as long as it cools the important parts sufficiently to keep them from exceeding operational running temps, it doesn't matter - unless the exhaust is hot enough to cause damage, injury. The heat coming out the exhaust on a car can be hotter or colder depending on the length of the pipe - even if the engine is running at the same temperature. Comparing 'peak' temp of APU of one console to Exhaust air of the other is like comparing the temperature of an Engine of one car to the air coming out of the Exhaust of another - haha you engine is running at over 200 degrees whilst my car is blowing out air at 70 degrees....

I would rather wait until I see thermal camera images and/or actual temperature measurements. I think its ridiculous to use 'estimates' or hearsay from someone with no practical assessment and ridiculing one based on estimates or predictions could come back and bite you. If those estimates turn out to be incorrect, the other way round, it makes you look bad.

Its as bad as those Sony fanboys mocking Series X for the price of 1TB of extra storage and then finding out that the cost s more for PS5. Also, with temperatures, they can vary +/- a few degrees so in one result, one maybe hotter, another result, the other...

Edited on by BAMozzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic