Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,429

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Senua

Untitled

This was after getting confirmed by Microsoft.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

This is a bit confusing so I'm going to share my findings.

When you get your Series X, in Final Fantasy XV select the Lite mode for 60fps at 1080p or the High mode for 30fps (capped) in 4K. Ignore the Steady mode.

In Monster Hunter World, you want to select Resolution mode because it's up to 4K at 60fps. You can try Graphics mode, 1080p60 but higher level of detail. Ignore Performance mode because it has the lowest level of detail like Resolution and runs at 1080p.

Banjo-

Senua

@BlueOcean Basically moral of the story is that this old generation profile modes are not good enough anymore. I’ve been telling this is all about the support from backcompat team (who has done some really good job btw) and the main studio. Also is it true that there are some discrepancies among different reviewers of Control load time? Is it <1min or 10sec? Also they are all running at backcompat mode and not utilising XVA.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

@Senua Yep, Digital Foundry confirms that the backwards compatibility team has an ace up their sleeve that we'll see once games make use of the true power of Series X as that tweet says. This is why we are going to see double frame rate and 4K in some games. Microsoft wants to make this an automatic process so hopefully we'll see the improvements without having to wait for developers to work on it and patch their games.

Banjo-

leathco

I'm just hoping I get mine on launch, as I did my pre-order on Amazon. A week later I got the e-mail that it may or may not get delivered on launch. I was refreshing the page every 15 seconds using a script til it went up, so hoping I got in early enough that I got one on launch. A couple good friends of mine live a state over, we usually drive and visit each other once or twice a year but Covid kinda slowed those plans down. But we've also been X-Box guys since the original (when we all met at work years ago we all had X-Boxs, than when 360 came out we all went and scoured Wal-Mart stores til we got ours), and we all have Series X pre-ordered hoping we can all game online some on the new system on launch night. If not I guess we can do Minecraft since it's multiplatform and I can join in on my One, but still.....

leathco

Bazzawilson

@BlueOcean why is it always "my dads better than your dad" with you?. How old are you?

Cant you just praise the series x without having to bash the playstation?

Grow up!!

Edited on by Bazzawilson

Bazzawilson

Senua

@BlueOcean It’s a shame that such a simple obvious feature like cross-gen progression doesn’t work on PS. Seriously some people just need to demand better. And these people still claim that Smart Delivery is nothing.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

@Bazzawilson Some people like to know the differences between consoles, if that offends you don't read.

Banjo-

Banjo-

We believe in generations.

Banjo-

Senua

@BlueOcean Indeed, a generation with 70$ tax but shadows/textures missing. 😂

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Bazzawilson

Cant wait to play the new Bethesda exclusives in 2025. Thank god I will have deathloop and ghost wire Tokyo to tide me over in the meantime. On my series x

Edited on by Bazzawilson

Bazzawilson

Senua

@Bazzawilson Starfield is most probably slated for 2021/2022 release.

Senua

Senua

Can’t imagine how to finish all these upcoming titles let alone the several unannounced ones. Colt has dropped an absolute banger with this one. 🔥

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic