Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,430

Senua

Oh look at that. How about the hypocrisy against Xbox propagated by giant media outlets finally got exposed!
I honestly donโ€™t care about ignorant fanboy trolls but this is a tight slap against those โ€œjournalistsโ€ and youtube/twitter insiders who have been spinning false narratives all along.
Thanks to Xbox family headed by Phil Spencer, their next-gen/cross-gen messaging has been mostly transparent for which we fans are glad that we are never kept in dark.
POWER YOUR DREAMS
๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ”ฅ
Untitled

Edited on by Senua

Senua

LtSarge

@Z3u5000 I genuinely believe that great companies are led by great leaders, and if those leaders are gone then the companies are going to veer off into a different direction. During the past couple of years, key people from PlayStation such as Shawn Layden, Andrew House and Shuhei Yoshida, who all have contributed to the success of the PS4, have stepped down and either left entirely or been delegated to a smaller role (such as Yoshida heading PlayStation's indie development). Now the key people are Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst, who have not shown any ability at all to follow up on PS4's success, with Ryan explicitly lying to consumers about e.g. not having cross-gen titles. And the way I see it, Ryan is the troublemaker here who's going to become the next Don Mattrick. I just read this on Shawn Layden's Wikipedia site:

"Sony announced on September 30, 2019 that Layden was stepping down from CEO of SIE Worldwide Studios, with reports stating his exit to be a result of an internal power struggle with SIE President Jim Ryan over the further restructuring and globalization of SIE."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Layden

I can guarantee that Ryan is going to keep messing up the PS5 during the next generation and we're going to have a similar situation with Mattrick and Xbox One (maybe not to the same degree but it's going to go there). That's why I'm putting my trust in Phil Spencer and the Xbox brand because I don't want to get screwed over by an anti-consumer leader such as Jim Ryan. Being transparent and making pro-consumer moves are what I want to see from these companies and so far only Xbox has managed to show this.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

BrilliantBill

@Z3u5000 It seems at this point Sony could say we will fart In your face the first time you boot up the PS5 and every journalist will attack xbox for "not farting in their face" and lacking this "feature". ๐Ÿ˜‚

This whole idea that SIE can do no wrong and everything they do is perfect and all others (well not all because Nintendo is completely beyond this mess) especially Xbox need to vanish because the Sony fanbase likes it can sometimes get ridiculous.

BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill

Does anyone have official information on how games will work on 1440p and 1080p monitors when connected to a Series X?

BrilliantBill

Nexozi

@BrilliantBill I'd buy that For a $1 ๐Ÿ˜‚ Sony have really turned me against them and I've been with them since the PS1. The lies going into this generation is unreal. They're back to their PS2 cockyness days before they launched the PS3. Only thing saving then now is its not ยฃ600. I spend ยฃ800 on the launch of the PS4, was so hyped for it and got most games for it. This year I wouldn't go near Sony. Microsoft is doing wonders. Gamepass ultimate means I only need to get 3 games maybe. The rest are gamepass upgrades. Cheapest generation ever for me and I'll actually be in the country for this release this time. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Nexozi

BAMozzy

Very interesting discussion with Codemasters....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Senua

@BAMozzy Itโ€™s the most interesting and honest developer interview Iโ€™ve seen recently.

Senua

LtSarge

This to me is insane:

Untitled

I'm seriously glad that I left PlayStation and started investing more in Xbox. This is just amazing, I don't see myself buying a PS5 anytime soon.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

BAMozzy

@Senua Very honest. Its also interesting to get an insight into how games are developed and how they look at a 'frame' time and utilise that. Actioning the GPU to start rendering sooner but obviously need to process the input and calculate all the physics etc before the GPU can draw the fame. What compromises they have to decide to make based on hardware and what they think gamers will not notice so much when racing etc...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

sixrings

Does anyone know the file size of the Operating System? And is it the same size for both the series s and x? How much hard drive will be left for games?

sixrings

Senua

@sixrings Expect almost 200gb reserved for things like virtual memory, quick resume etc. on Series X.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BAMozzy

Managed to get my pre-order in before they sold out....

Xbox Series X Console + Assassins Creed Valhalla + Extra Carbon Black Wireless Controller + Official Play and Charge Kit on Xbox Series X....

Had me sweating for a minute as the MS site crashed as I tried to add the console to my Shopping cart, Game had a 30+min log in wait and Simply Game were only taking pre-orders on bundles (Fifa or AC) so I just added that and paid straight away rather than miss out looking for another retailer...

I don't need the controller or the plug and charge kit - but my son might...

Just glad I have managed to get my pre-order and all paid for...

The_Guy626

Anyone else not able to preorder?

Amazon doesn't even show up on Amazon, and says "Coming Soon" on Bestbuy.

I was there at 7:59, and reloaded as soon as it turned 8:00.

Any ideas?

The_Guy626

The_Guy626

The_Guy626 wrote:

Anyone else not able to preorder?

Amazon doesn't even show up on Amazon, and says "Coming Soon" on Bestbuy.

I was there at 7:59, and reloaded as soon as it turned 8:00.

Any ideas?

Update, Amazon is now showing it, but when clicked the page is unavailable.

The_Guy626

Senua

Fellas, I heard about some big major websites got their servers crashed just in few seconds this fine morning back in the states. ๐Ÿคฃ
Basically all websites crashed in few seconds.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

The_Guy626

@Senua
I'm not super savvy with this, but if the websites crashed, wouldn't that mean I wouldn't be able to do anything on them?

I'm in Oregon, and it's 8:34. I've been able to go through both Amazon and Best Buy with no problems. It's only that I didn't even get the option to preorder the Series X.

The_Guy626

Senua

Xbox trolling everyone right now. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Untitled

Edited on by Senua

Senua

The_Guy626

How could they have been sold out literally as soon as it turned to 8:00?

I refreshed on the dot, just because I was worried about all this nonsense.

Didn't even give me a chance to think about preorder.

The_Guy626

Senua

@The_Guy626 I was chatting with lot of people who were in a preorder countdown livestream, they told me that lot of product pages were either crashing together at start or got sold out in few seconds even though they had been refreshing the link. I would suggest you to check back in Microsoft Store. Some managed to get a Series X from either Microsoft Store or Amazon. Although even Microsoft sites got crashed.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic