Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,430

Banjo-

BlueOcean wrote:

Aaron Greenberg (Microsoft) confirms my theory, "Future 1P titles are developed for Xbox Series X first. Not saying those games won’t ship on Xbox One, only that we are leading with Series X & each studio will decide what's best for their game/community when they launch".

What this means is that apart from cross-gen Halo Infinite, Xbox Game Studios are focused on Series X. I think that it's the logical decision.

Fable, Avowed and Everwild are the Series X games I'm more excited about. I haven't played Hellblade yet so that's why I don't list it.

Greenberg stated that both Avowed and Everwild's websites would be updated to remove the Xbox One platform.

So then, the following games are Series X exclusives: Everwild, State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport, Avowed, As Dusk Falls, Hellblade II, Stalker 2, The Medium, Fable.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/microsoft-clarifies-which-xb...

Banjo-

mousieone

@Grot I really think they don’t want to come out and say it, but I think xCloud will be running those games on the older hardware as well. There is also the issue of “Lockehart” which if real makes anything in the showcase ... well anyway. Point is there is something going on there, and it’s mixing the messages a little.

Edited on by mousieone

mousieone

Senua

DLSS 2.0-like tech will be a game changer for Xbox Series X.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BrilliantBill

What do you all friends think about the news that "Halo Infinite will be the platform for the next 10 years" news/idea?

Does this mean no more SP campaigns for the future?

Edited on by BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill

@Z3u5000
Ofc it does. Nobody expects one SP campaign to go on forever. Question is, what happens next? in how many years can we see another new and different, high-quality AAA campaign ?

BrilliantBill

Banjo-

@BrilliantBill They said that the campaign is longer than 4 and 5 combined. I bet that even they can't answer your question now.

Banjo-

BrilliantBill

@BlueOcean Yeah you are right sounds logical. I am asking this because I still believe in a high-quality liner FPS campaign and a game in the vibes of reach or ODST is much appreciated.

BrilliantBill

Grumblevolcano

@BrilliantBill I think there'll be story expansions. Look at Master Chief Collection, it's a hub for:

• Halo Reach
  • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3 ODST
  • Halo 4

Halo Reach and Halo 3 ODST were technically DLC story expansions for MCC meanwhile Halo Reach's multiplayer was a free update. We'll probably see something similar for Infinite, multiplayer is free for all Infinite owners meanwhile Infinite gets DLC story expansions.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

MinervaX

@BrilliantBill My guess is the game will follow an Assassins Creed Odyssey approach to the story. The game will be a full game, but then there will be DLC/Seassons, each with it's own arc and episodes released on a schedule.

How often, I guess will heavily depend on how many play it, and what direction will it take is something we might be able to start guessing once we see how this game ends. Move to a different location? All of it take place in the same ring? Who knows.

Keep in mind this is just a guess, but it worked for Odyssey rather well, they delivered two large arcs over 2 years.

Another possibility, that is not far from this, would be what Final Fantasy XIV does, every 2-ish years they release an expansion pack. This opens up what basically amounts to a season, with story content released over the period of two years. It has a full story, but is released episodically. Only difference there is that it also adds content over that window typical to MMOs, raid content, pvp content, all that stuff to just keep players playing.

I would hate Halo to become a grind game, BUT I would actually love to see episodic seasonal content with, potentially, activity "packs" in between episode. Stuff to do around just for kicks, you know, optional open world things like take care of forts and what not.

Ideally, such content would later be compiled on disk form, as I mentioned on an article comment section, not everyone has access to internet, and it sucks to see single player experiences locked behind downloads. My hope for this is low, though, given how MCC added stuff without ever offering a revised disk.

Edited on by MinervaX

Gamer Profile
PSN | XBL | Steam: Tharsman

Senua

Time to take a step back and just appreciate the technological marvel behind the next-gen graphics and cloud technology that too with real-time flight and weather data system. If it looks this incredible on a next gen rendering engine, imagine what’s waiting after the promised ray tracing and VR support. Checkout this incredible breakdown.

No need to have jet-engine sounds, CPU fans will be enough for realism. There are AAA games and then there’s flight simulator.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

redd214

@Z3u5000 Great video! It's a shame they didnt show that off in some way last week.

redd214

xHedon

Hey guys, just signed up! I heard about this forum on Reddit. Looking forward to some great Xbox discussions and news! Now, if they would just release the Series X tomorrow, I would be a happy camper

xHedon

Xbox Gamertag: xHedon

Senua

Great news. Halo Infinite officially confirmed few minutes ago by 343 to be 120fps, free to play multiplayer.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic