Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,430

Octane

Free to play MP has to line up with online going free, right?

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Why even specifically mention Halo's MP component being free if online is free in general on the console, though?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Justifier

I think they mean it is free so you don't need to buy the game to play MP.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

Octane

@Ralizah Because if online play was free, you'd still have to buy the game to play it. But the MP aspect is also free-to-play.

I do believe Xbox Live Gold also locked free-to-play games behind the sub (like Fortnite). But maybe that was changed?

Octane

Ralizah

@Justifier @Octane Ah, OK, so the multiplayer is literally a free download, apart from the core SP campaign. Gotcha.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

Full list of 120fps PS5 games:
Dirt 5

Full list of 120fps Xbox Series X games:
Dirt 5
ExoMecha
Gears 5
Halo Infinite (multiplayer)
Metal: Hellsinger
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Orphan of the Machine
Second Extinction

Via Eurogamer

Some backwards compatible games will be 120 FPS as well, good news for Series X here.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Justifier

I may need a new TV for Series X.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

Banjo-

Justifier wrote:

I may need a new TV for Series X.

I recommend you LG C9, CX, B9 or BX. The best thing about these HDMI 2.1 TVs is that they support variable refresh rate so games run smoother if they can't hit the target FPS, e.g., 40-60 FPS. It's not just for 120 FPS support!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Senua

@BlueOcean That’s a pretty great informative list for lot of people who don’t know about this.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

MinervaX

@BlueOcean a lot of people are jumping to conclusions the leaked did not imply. Yes, he still stands by the current state of RE8, but he also clarified in Tweeter he is sure Capcom will optimize the game by launch, with the cane (likely) running checkerboard 4k/60 on the PS4 by launch.

What you should take away from that, though, is how much raw power the XSX has. These games are made on PC then the first early builds dumped on consoles, optimize from there. It sounds that Series X games will pretty much run fantastically even with little to no optimization.

Gamer Profile
PSN | XBL | Steam: Tharsman

Banjo-

@Tharsman It's no secret PS5 specifications are not just lower but also variable so it'd me a miracle if games ran better on PS5 (RE VIII or any other), also considering that Series X runs Windows and DirectX 12. Of course, we'll have to wait for Digital Foundry analyses to know what the exact differences are. It'll be a frame rate and resolution difference, likely, as both support similar next-gen features (hardware-accelerated ray tracing, 3D audio, SSD...).

Banjo-

Senua

Xbox Series X is the most stable consistent powerful console for next gen, development tools(gamecore) are still yet to improve for better ease.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Senua

“I'm talking about Resident Evil Village. The game's terrible performance at the PS5 reveal event with the terrible frame rate present in the trailer was kinda the current status of the game on PS5 as of a few months ago. The thing is, apparently the game runs perfectly on Xbox Series X, they've been having some troubles getting the frame rate stable on PS5 (which as Sony had a rule to record the PS5 event gameplay on PS5, lead to the weird frame showing in that trailer).” - CAPCOM insider.
I guess next gen performance will be held back by those third party deals.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

MinervaX

@BlueOcean I know, that’s why I’m here at all. I’m getting a XSX not because I love Xbox but because they are going to offer the most powerful console next gen. It’s also what I did at the start of 4/One gen, only on Sony’s favor.

What I mean is, this next gen, no one will accept a AAA game that is not 4k, one way or another. Capcom will optimize RE8 to work 4k, even if it’s via checkerboarding, and cutting down on some detail. They might even consider 30fps, but I’m sure Sony will pester them against that, if the XSX retains 60fps. Checkerboard 4k, in the end, requires half the power than true 4k.

Edited on by MinervaX

Gamer Profile

Banjo-

@Z3u5000 "I guess next gen performance will be held back by those third party deals".

I'm not sure that I understood that correctly but if Sony pays third parties for not using all of Series X power that could be considered illegal over here (EU & UK). It would be a new low, too. They tried something like that with Destiny 2 on Xbox One X but Sony or Bungie backtracked.

@ Tharsman They'll probably use checkerboard rendering on PS5 like every PS4 Pro game.

Banjo-

MinervaX

@BlueOcean think Z was referring to the usual meme “industry held back by x” that Sony fans keep tossing around about MS support for XBox One.

There is some minor truth on that: usually a dev might design worlds and character models based on the power of the weakest target platform, then everyone else just gets improved frame rate, or particles, or any of the features that are more easy to scale dynamically.

Long story short: polygon count on screen for everyone might be held back by PS5 power, even if everyone else still gets a better looking game.

Gamer Profile

Senua

@BlueOcean Microsoft could have easily bought the exclusivities considering they did it with the marketing of blockbusters like Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla. I saw people at IGN chat hoping to buy PS5 Cyberpunk bundle edition but guess that’s never gonna happen.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

At the end of the day, every third-party game will perform and look better on Series X. It happened on PS4, it happened on Xbox One X and it will happen on Series X.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic