Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,434

Ninfan

@BAMozzy
what about game pass ultimate, if I subscribe to it, will I get to keep the games with it.

Ninfan

BAMozzy

@Ninfan Game Pass is an additional Library of Games you can borrow and play at no extra cost for as long as you remain a Subscriber AND the game remains in Game Pass. If you want to 'Keep' any game, you'll need to BUY it. Game Pass does offer an extra 20% discount on games in/leaving the service to subscribers if you wish to 'keep' playing.

Game Pass is like being a member of a Library where you can borrow Books you wanted to read instead of buying the book and you can borrow whatever 'selection' of titles they have but at some point have to return that book to the Library and can't read it anymore - unless you buy your OWN copy.

Think about it more as an additional Library of Games you can play - over 500 with Game Pass Ultimate. That list 'changes' as games come and go from the service, but you have an 'additional' 500+ games you can 'play' every month you are Subscribed. You have 'your' library of games you OWN as well as a Library of over 500 games, including Day 1 releases like Starfield, Forza, Payday 3 etc etc you can play with GPU - as well as EA Access games too and Game Pass for PC/Cloud.

You don't get to 'keep' ANY game from Game Pass - but you don't have to pay $70 to play Starfield Day 1 and if you want to 'keep' it, make sure you never 'lose' access, you can buy months later when its cheaper and take advantage of the extra discount you get as a Game Pass Ultimate member.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

RDDMarston

Hello, I need some help to understand this please.
I have Xbox Live Gold, and now, in the US, I can get a "14 Day Trial Recurs Monthly" Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at $1.
In this case, I have questions: as for me having about 11 months of Live Gold, I did read about some conversion ratio from Gold to Ultimate, how many months of Gold would I have left having purchased this?
And also, Can I just cancel the subscription after the 14 days, or is the "recurs monthly" thing mean that I have to continue a subscription?
Thank you.

Le Bounty Hunter

NintendoByNature

Isn't starfield supposed to be download-able today?

NintendoByNature

jedinite

@BAMozzy Kinda have to disagree there a little. You make the assumption that moving to XboX means people losing the digital library they have built up.
Why? I've always been PS until this Gen. But I still have my PS4 pro and all my PS digital library still available.
People who have built up their PS library did so on the PS4 platform, and will always have access to that library.
Side note. Absolutely loving my series X, had much more fun this last few years than since the launch of the OG PSX.

jedinite

BAMozzy

@jedinite The point is that if you've built up a Digital Library on PS4/Pro, if you jump to a 'Series' Xbox, those games are unplayable on your 'new' hardware as they are 'locked' to Playstation and the ONLY way to bring your library 'forward' is to upgrade to PS5.

If you trade in Hardware to buy 'new' Hardware, it also makes much more sense to stick with Playstation otherwise you will LOSE the ability to play your Digital games. Even if you don't, the 'old' games running on old gen Hardware lack any of the 'upgrades' new Hardware can offer - like improved loading, better consistency with frame rates, resolution - even 'free' upgrades to next gen versions.

As a PS4 owner with a decent Digital Library, you have to consider whether you can/want to Start Fresh with Xbox or buy a PS5 and instantly have a decent Digital Library to play on that console without needing to spend any Additional money. Yes you can keep your 'old' generation hardware to 'keep' your old generation games - but that is not the same thing.

The point is that when it comes to 'upgrading' -you have a LOT more to lose with Digital Purchases because with Physical purchases, you can trade them in too and get money back to buy 'new' games for your 'new' hardware. If you swap to Xbox, then those Digital games are not accessible but are if you buy a Playstation so its a big 'incentive' - whether you choose to take advantage or not.

I still have both my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro (I still have my XB1, PS4, PS3, 360 etc too) but I play on Series X and PS5. I don't need to buy games for 'something' to play on either because I have a backlog of games on both from previous gen I can play and all my Digital games are playable too.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

jedinite

@BAMozzy yeah I see your points and agree of course if one wishes to have the latest shiny new hardware then that's perfectly fine.
I would only argue, that at the moment, there really isn't a need to upgrade to a PS5. I can.play every new release on my PS4 pro too. Runs at 4k 60fps on most things so I really don't feel I'm missing out.
Played through spiderman no problems. Looked and felt fantastic to play. The only loss was haptic feedback. But the game itself, let's be fair handles perfectly fine on last gen.
Seriously the only game that I'd love to play on this gen on PS is Ratchet and Clank rift apart. Just to see how the instant level mechanic works with the ssd.
Apart from that, nothing great springs to mind. And no, not bothered about HFW either. Loved the first Horizon but even that dragged after awhile.
Also, same as yourself, have been fortunate enough to own many platforms, most of which are set up ready to go in the game room. I really love retro machines too, saved my OG Atari 'woody' from when I was like 6.
One of my faves of late is Evercade. Quite a nice little machine with really good emulation too.

jedinite

BAMozzy

@jedinite That then comes down to personal preference/taste - yes you can 'make do' with playing most of the Exclusives on PS4 hardware and the Pro does offer a 'tier' above in terms of resolution, but some people want the 'highest' tier possible and the PS5 offers tangible upgrades over the PS4 and/or Pro versions. In terms of BC a lot of games run better too - especially where DRS and/or frame rates are frequently dropping.

To you, its obviously not worth 'upgrading' to the latest Playstation hardware, but as Sony release more and more 'Exclusives' only on PS5, as well as all the games you purchased digitally you can carry on instantly playing - many with enhancements, it may become a more enticing prospect.

The point is, if you have a large history on PS4/Pro - especially as that's also when they made PS+ 'essential' for accessing online content and gave away digital games every month that people also built up over years they'd 'lose' if they jump to Series X for their 'next gen' gaming console or 'keep' if they stick with Playstation - instantly have all those games to play or have to start from scratch on Xbox...

Ninfan

Saw some old news on gameindustry biz, talking about a new timesplitters game. I wondering if this game is still going to be released ?

Ninfan

jedinite

@XboxTheBestBox actually yeah I didn't think of those. That's 3 I'd love to play ... oh and add BG3 to that list I guess, since we gotta wait for 'parity' on XboX. >(

jedinite

Ninfan

is half life available on xbox series s

Ninfan

BAMozzy

BrilliantBill

I kinda sorta wish they had figured out a way to do a GP drop of some games alongside the announcement so that the ball is rolling on this for gamers. But I guess we will see over the coming weeks.

BrilliantBill

BAMozzy

Breakdown of the CMA report, the Ubisoft deal and what that means for Gaming etc. Quite an interesting, if somewhat long watch

BAMozzy

BAMozzy

No wonder its taking a while... This is crazy!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic