Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 after patch 1.5

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

SingleStooge

After the patch 1.5, which is optimised for XBS / X, I reconsidered this RPG and installed it via disc. I have an XBX, and got version 1.52 installed. After playing around for sometime and currently in "Act 2", to me the game runs fine, but see various glitches now and then. Jackie walking through lockers, cars dropping from midair when loading a save file sometimes, but nothing game breaking. The graphics look great, but the pedestrian and other vehicle numbers are still way down as what you would expect for a city. NPC interaction is extremely basic, but the photomode is great.

So, has anyone been playing this since patch 1.5, and what do you think of this game?

SingleStooge

Balta666

@SingleStooge I also played after the Patch earlier in the year and loved the game. In terms of glitches it started really well but as time gone by they started to appear more and more from cars flying or appearing out o fin air, to subtitles that wouldn't disappear unless you reload a save, to sandstorms that would not disappear unless you went to sleep to the two major ones:

• a guy I had to fight on a story mission that was on the floor but still talking and them I could not fight (reloading solved it)
  • One of the minor things you had to solve on the streets after I beat the gang would not show as complete, tried to reload a bunch of times, googled a couple of fixes but in the end had to gave up on it and could not have the achievement for cleaning the map

P.s: but I want reiterate that I loved the game. It is not a Witcher 3 by any means and you cannot impact the story in any meaningfull way but what is there is brilliant

Edited on by Balta666

PartyMarty

I'd never played it before as I was holding off until the next gen update. I've now completed the game since patch 1.5 and it played fine for me, no major crazy glitches or crashes.

I did however notice that despite playing on Xbox Series X the game was devoid of life in most places, the roads were empty, there were hardly any people about and I felt that it made the world feel less alive, much less so than GTA V for example.

PartyMarty

SingleStooge

@Beagle and @PartyMarty The traffic and pedestrian density within the city limit seems "more" than in its outskirts and depends on the time of day from what I noticed after playing further. At certain times there seems much less people and vehicles around. Then there's the supposed "freeways / highways". These don't have near enough traffic density than GTAV for example. Los Santos of GTAV is far more populated than Night City. Maybe its due to the RedEngine4 limit?

SingleStooge

clvr

I played it recently (only after the 1.5 patch, so I can't comment on how it is compared to before), and found it an enjoyable mess of a game.

If you go in with the right expectations, it's not bad, just don't expect it to be the groundbreaking second coming that it was advertised as.

I pretty much expected it to be the game that ultimately it ended up being, by which I mean a game that tries to do everything conceivable under the sun, and obviously doesn't get one thing right, gameplay-wise.
You just can't make an immersive sim, a looter shooter, a story-driven RPG, a GTA clone, and everything else they tried, all at the same time. Or at least, you cannot make all of that well.

That said, writing has always been CDPR's strongest suit, and it's definitely the game's strongest asset.

Clover.

VisitingComet1

I played before and after the patch it was better after I really enjoyed the game and the story I hope they make some dlc and make another one eventually. I really enjoyed the hacking.

VisitingComet1

SingleStooge

There are conflicting reports of only one dlc going to released and no dlc being released. Only time will tell. There might be a sequel coming sometime the track as CDProjektRed is 'committed to this franchise'.
I would like to hear from PS5 players on their thoughts of this game after patch 1.5 Even though this thread is in Xbox, I think it also applies to them.

SingleStooge

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.