Forums

Topic: Anything Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 385

Red620Ti

So yesterday had a massive row with one of the directors at the place I work. He seems to think he can tell me what to wear on the train on the way to work, and I think he can't. So I told him so in my no nonsense manner, which may have involved expletives and ended with him effectively banning me from wearing one of my t-shirts again. I am so over working here.

**le sigh**

It wasn't even that offensive...

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

@Red620Ti That's a bit draconian isn't it? Surely they have no authority outside of work? I could understand if you had a company uniform on (say like comet or something) and you were painting the company in a bad light but an unbranded tee that's nothing to do with where you work....

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

Is there anything more depressing than a closed down outdoor swimming pool that's stood empty for many years whilst the council and developers argue about what to do with it?

Banksey the artist agrees with me and has opened one at our outdoor disaster and entitled it dismal land. You have to look hard for the mans work amongst the other stuff but hopefully it will shame the council into finally doing something.

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/dismaland_in_pictures_...

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

sorethumbed

@vincent294 hope so. I'll go next week. It's really cheap too £3.00 each. Hopefully this warped Disney will finally shame the council into doing something (though I doubt it).

Red620Ti

On Sunday, Nintendo had a stand where the Wii U was playable, with Splatoon and Woolly World and everything. It took us nearly an hour to get the boy to put the controller down! One of the women running the stand actually commented to us how good he was at the game, and couldn't believe he was 4 when we told her...Now my 4 year old son is having a Wii U for his birthday, with Splatoon.

Yay.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

sorethumbed

So, I'm in the hospital for a scan (they've moved them up to 6 monthly) and anyone who knows me knows that I'm not exactly fond of them. Anyway, sitting on the floor was a small child playing with Lego. His mum asked him if he was building a house and the reply "no, it's a prison. I want to go see daddy". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

sorethumbed

So, we had the plasterer in on Friday. He's not convinced that he's made enough mess so he's coming back on Monday to make some more 😡😡

Also, had the weirdest fault in the house today. Tv's worked ok, cooker worked, lights kinda worked but Xboxes refused to power up. Checked the mains coming in (had to blow the dust off my old meter) 136v. SWEB must've lost a phase.

sorethumbed

There's a video of a Developer streaming Halo 5 from an Xbox one to a Hololens (the virtual screen is pinned to a wall)

sorethumbed

After weeks of building work, painting plastering, God knows how many hours choosing curtains, furniture etc, we finished the lounge and dining room. My wife doesn't like it.

Red620Ti

Women!

Captain_Chao5

Red620Ti wrote:

Women!

...Can't live with em...can't kill em!

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

sorethumbed

The funny thing is, she chose it all. I'm on strike now till after Christmas. Whilst this was going on, I decided to run a network cable in to speed stuff up in the lounge. Ran t all in (lot of work). Tested it - duff cable . Effin Amazon. Stripped another 20 metres off to test - also duff, break in the same core. Guess it was stretched in manufacture or overwound.

sorethumbed

Well, my other daughter (inspired not a little I suspect by the fact that her sister works for Save the Children) and a bunch of her friends organised a charity walk in Cyprus and raised about £42k. Not bad IMO.

Captain_Chao5

@sorethumbed: Wow. Fantastic effort! You must be proud of your Daughters.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Red620Ti

Wow, 42k? Thats amazing, you must be super proud of both of them!

sorethumbed

What can I say, they so obviously take after their father 👺
Yes, I am, but also a little scared.

sorethumbed

Wow, talk about a critical hit...
My wife knocked over a glass of water on:
TV remote.
Amazon Fire remote and controller
Xbox one controller
Soundbar controller
Aaaaasnnnnd her iPad.

So my kitchen windowsill has suddenly grown lots of controllers and battery packs. Couple of days should be ok but all the same, what a shot!

crippyd

Wow, that is some kind of record!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.