Forums

Topic: 2015 Fitness Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 101

Red620Ti

Well, you go steady mate!

First weigh in post Xmas was yesterday, came in at 136.8 KG, which roughly translates to "fat bastard".........I'll see if any has gone next week!

More runs, cycles and visits to the gym have occurred and are planned, but damn my legs are aching!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

I was 118kg and 6'1 inches so equally FB.
Meat products and non salad stuff now have a much longer survival rate in our house.
I'm aiming to use soup mainly to get it off (it's mostly water). For those who haven't tried it here's a banger that's really good:
Kale Soup.
400g kale with the thick stalk 'whitey' bits taken out
300g spuds, 200g celeriac, both peeled and chopped to 0.5 inch bits
1 large onion and 1 'hot' red chilli both finely chopped
1.5 litre veg stock. - comes in tins I powder, just add hot water.
Sweat onions, chilli, celeriac, spuds for about 15 mins then add stock
When hot add finely chopped kale
Cook for 15mins.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

HEADESTROYER4

The one positive aspect of a flu: You don't feel like eating a damn thing, this should actually help me re-set my diet.

Correction: Diet Orange Crush, the one thing I crave as if it were air when ill.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

sorethumbed wrote:

Warm/hot Ribena

I've never had it before as you don't see it across the pond but that beverage sure has history!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Red620Ti

HEADESTROYER4 wrote:

sorethumbed wrote:

Warm/hot Ribena

I've never had it before as you don't see it across the pond but that beverage sure has history!

When I gave up coffee I think Ribena shares went through the roof! I really need to stop with the coffee again, but it gave me a headache for 2 weeks straight last time I went cold turkey.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

I only drink it if I've got Flu and it has to be hot and strong. Giving up caffeine is difficult as it is an addiction (bad caffeine addict speaking ) I did give it up once but that was only because I was in hospital where the coffee tasted like a dog had peed in it.

crippyd

First week is a success! 2lbs gone, hopefully never to return

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

crippyd

@MegaKillScreen Well done on the loss so far. It's all about changing our eating habits I think. I am please with myself for actually not making a pig of myself all day, especially at work where my colleagues and myself have a large supply of snack foods (crisps and the like) and on an evening when watching TV with my wife we would normally have biscuits and cake with our coffee.

crippyd

sorethumbed

Well I have my Gym assessment a week from today. Hope they let me go 😃😃😃

HEADESTROYER4

crippyd wrote:

First week is a success! 2lbs gone, hopefully never to return

Way to go Crippy! I'm in the same range weighing in today at 171.6Lbs = about 3lbs gone!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

Weekly weigh in: 171.8... Nooooo, I've gained .2 of a pound!

I knew that giant bag of chips was a bad idea.

Also, @Crippyd "Milk was a bad choice." - Ron Burgundy lol (I learned how to open an Xbox One controller though?)

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

To bring everyone up to speed as we're way off topic, I spilled a carton of milk directly onto my controller last Halo 5 game night... it was tragic but couldn't stop me from gaming on (Hoo-Rah!)

@Crippyd After opening it up with the right screwdriver ($2 @ Canadian Tire) I cleaned a years worth of dust and gunk out, it feels better than before the "Milk Incident".

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

MegaKillScreen

It's weekly weigh in time!

I am now down 3.6lbs following a weekend of pizza and beer. I've still been running every day and I'm actually starting to look forward to it!

I've not been so good at keeping up the circuits but as I run a boot camp at work I get these in at least twice a week with the crew from the office.

How is everyone else doing?

Josephine Lawton,
Contributor,
Pure Xbox

Like us on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/PureXbox
Add us on Twitter! - http://www.twitter.com/PureXbox

Twitter:

sorethumbed

Went to the Gym today for my "assessment". The Lady in charge was very helpful and has organised a session Wednesday week for an hour, just her, my wife and myself (my wife also has lung problems) - what a pair and non smokers too! After that, twice a week......

crippyd

Looks like another 2lbs has gone away. I hope this keeps going

crippyd

PeTitosaurus

Amazing work, you guys!! So inspirational!

I spent the last weeks getting "into the zone"; basically trying to get into the right mind frame. Because I need to change life patterns my plan is to do this slowly and methodically, introducing new steps every week and develop a new routine. My first step was to start writing down what I eat, when I eat it. Not to keep track of calories, but to see the pattern I'm currently in (which was irregular food intake and lots of snacking). My next step was to cut sugary drinks and attempting to have a more regular food intake (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner) and to drink more water. I've also started walking in the mornings to make sure I eat breakfast. I'd say that that's where I am at the moment. I'm already feeling a lot better energy wise. Next step will be to add some kind of physical activity in the afternoons as well.

Edited on by PeTitosaurus

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic