Forums

Topic: 2015 Fitness Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 87

Red620Ti

HEADESTROYER4 wrote:

sorethumbed wrote:

Warm/hot Ribena

I've never had it before as you don't see it across the pond but that beverage sure has history!

When I gave up coffee I think Ribena shares went through the roof! I really need to stop with the coffee again, but it gave me a headache for 2 weeks straight last time I went cold turkey.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

sorethumbed

I only drink it if I've got Flu and it has to be hot and strong. Giving up caffeine is difficult as it is an addiction (bad caffeine addict speaking ) I did give it up once but that was only because I was in hospital where the coffee tasted like a dog had peed in it.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

First week is a success! 2lbs gone, hopefully never to return

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

crippyd

@MegaKillScreen Well done on the loss so far. It's all about changing our eating habits I think. I am please with myself for actually not making a pig of myself all day, especially at work where my colleagues and myself have a large supply of snack foods (crisps and the like) and on an evening when watching TV with my wife we would normally have biscuits and cake with our coffee.

crippyd

sorethumbed

Well I have my Gym assessment a week from today. Hope they let me go 😃😃😃

HEADESTROYER4

crippyd wrote:

First week is a success! 2lbs gone, hopefully never to return

Way to go Crippy! I'm in the same range weighing in today at 171.6Lbs = about 3lbs gone!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

Weekly weigh in: 171.8... Nooooo, I've gained .2 of a pound!

I knew that giant bag of chips was a bad idea.

Also, @Crippyd "Milk was a bad choice." - Ron Burgundy lol (I learned how to open an Xbox One controller though?)

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

To bring everyone up to speed as we're way off topic, I spilled a carton of milk directly onto my controller last Halo 5 game night... it was tragic but couldn't stop me from gaming on (Hoo-Rah!)

@Crippyd After opening it up with the right screwdriver ($2 @ Canadian Tire) I cleaned a years worth of dust and gunk out, it feels better than before the "Milk Incident".

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

sorethumbed

Went to the Gym today for my "assessment". The Lady in charge was very helpful and has organised a session Wednesday week for an hour, just her, my wife and myself (my wife also has lung problems) - what a pair and non smokers too! After that, twice a week......

crippyd

Looks like another 2lbs has gone away. I hope this keeps going

crippyd

PeTitosaurus

Amazing work, you guys!! So inspirational!

I spent the last weeks getting "into the zone"; basically trying to get into the right mind frame. Because I need to change life patterns my plan is to do this slowly and methodically, introducing new steps every week and develop a new routine. My first step was to start writing down what I eat, when I eat it. Not to keep track of calories, but to see the pattern I'm currently in (which was irregular food intake and lots of snacking). My next step was to cut sugary drinks and attempting to have a more regular food intake (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner) and to drink more water. I've also started walking in the mornings to make sure I eat breakfast. I'd say that that's where I am at the moment. I'm already feeling a lot better energy wise. Next step will be to add some kind of physical activity in the afternoons as well.

Edited on by PeTitosaurus

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

Red620Ti

Thats brilliant, well done!

I'm not sure of weight loss yet (Wednesday is the weigh in day) but have been cycling 5 miles a day minimum after the car write off, so thats got to be helping! Also continuing to hit the gym, so hope to have good results.

Got a letter from the Uni of Nottingham this week saying that they are doing a study for people at risk of type 2 diabetes. Basically it seems they've trawled the doctors surgeries for details of fat blokes and sent the letters from there! I've signed as its a free monitored diet basically, for 3 years!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

Well done Mega!
I forgot to do my weigh in this morning, so I will post tomorrow and hopefully the downward trend will have continued.

crippyd

sorethumbed

MegaKillScreen wrote:

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Red - cycling to work makes a world of difference so well done! The study thing sounds good but it is a bit weird that they've tracked you down without you having signed up or anything!

These days doctors pass out your phone number willy nilly for 'research purposes'.
Well done to all you losers (weight wise 😀😀)

Edited on by sorethumbed

HEADESTROYER4

After a solid week of trimming the fats out (Mmmmm, potato chips and pizza... oh, how I long for thee). Hitting the doorframe pull-up bar (I highly recommend these), inverted push-up's, and nearly every lift known to man (I despise aerobics, only charity can get this guy running) in cross-training fashion...

I'm down a full 6 pounds! 168.8 baby! I'm also sore just about everywhere on this rest-day. Congratulations to everyone this week!

This is my current self image... Untitled

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

sorethumbed

So tomorrow I'm in the Gym. That should be fun 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

sorethumbed

I Know, I used to regularly but that was the other side of a heart attack, kidney removal and a third of a lung......

HEADESTROYER4

sorethumbed wrote:

I Know, I used to regularly but that was the other side of a heart attack, kidney removal and a third of a lung......

Health issues are never fun, two weeks from now I'm scheduled to have both hands sliced open and things that shouldn't be there taken out. I literally put this off because the Master Chief Collection was releasing on the original surgery date. The most awful part is that they only will numb my hand with local anesthetics, but you can still "feel" every cut, and hear your own flesh being snipped. This will be the fifth and sixth surgery on my hands.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.