Forums

Topic: 2015 Fitness Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 87

Red620Ti

MegaKillScreen wrote:

Red620Ti wrote:

As I mentioned in the other thread, I've signed up for a half marathon in September. So basically I have to go from no running at all to running 13 miles in 9 months! :0

According to my doctor, I need to lose 60 KG, but theres way in the world thats going to happen, as BMI is basically bollocks!

Going to keep up my going to the gym, start running and improve my diet....And I'll see where my weight ends up, I don't have a set goal except to be a lot fitter!

I would recommend the Zombies, run! app as a fun way to get into running. It has game like objectives and collectables as well as using GPS to add zombie encounters to your run at random intervals.

I enjoyed it thoroughly - make sure you get the one that's aimed at beginners (like couch to 5k)

Sounds cool, I'll have a look! I need something to track my runs and distance so I may as well have fun doing it!

Edited on by Red620Ti

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

crippyd

Well I've had me weigh in and the results are....um, uninspiring. I weighed in at 260 pounds and for my 6'1" I should be about 182. Plenty of work for me this year

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Red620Ti

I went for a walk/jog this morning, I walked the boy 20 mins to the childminder, then ran back a slightly different route.......Ended up doing 1.2 km in about 10 mins. Pretty poor, but for a 41 year old fat bloke running for the first time ever, I'll take it!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

SuperKMx

Well I started on my new work/sleep/diet/fitness schedule today. Was super-productive this morning after setting an alarm for the first time in two years. Done pretty much everything I had scheduled to do today and I'm into the "extras and optionals" column of work now. Flagging a bit.

If I'm entirely honest, having regular sleep will likely lose me a few pounds on its own. Although I'm watching my intake and trying to do walking and other exercise when I can

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

crippyd wrote:

Well I've had me weigh in and the results are....um, uninspiring. I weighed in at 260 pounds and for my 6'1" I should be about 182. Plenty of work for me this year

Don't get uninspired already Crippy!

I started up for real today as well, as Ken said, alarm clocks really are a great invention Pretty much just followed the routine I'd let slide some months back (which was gruelingly difficult compared to then) and switched back to a protein shake in the morn. I will require asprin tomorrow.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

tylertreese

I can't imagine sleeping in until whenever. Even when I have off work I still wake up at 4am

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

TylerTreese wrote:

I can't imagine sleeping in until whenever. Even when I have off work I still wake up at 4am

That would entail going to bed at 8pm, for me anyways. That's the secret to your beard isn't it!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Red620Ti

Another day, another walk/jog..........1.7 km this time, so just over a mile! Woo! Just need to do it another 13 times now.....

crippyd

@Red650Ti Nice one, keep up the good work!
Myself, I had a good day yesterday and only ate my lunch and dinner without snacking in between. The food itself was a sensible choice and not like McDonald's or other. Snacking is probably the worst thing for me, so if I can keep that off, that will help loads.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

I'm in. I need to lose shedloads but will probably lose very little. I've just managed to get into a Gym after a medical referral as most places probably wouldn't let me in if they had a questionnaire 😥😥😥😥 I've been pretty ill over the last 12 years and have wound up as a 'complex patient'. Still any loss will be welcome so here we go!!!

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

SuperKMx

sorethumbed wrote:

I'm in. I need to lose shedloads but will probably lose very little. I've just managed to get into a Gym after a medical referral as most places probably wouldn't let me in if they had a questionnaire 😥😥😥😥 I've been pretty ill over the last 12 years and have wound up as a 'complex patient'. Still any loss will be welcome so here we go!!!

Sounds rough Still, good luck with the new gym!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

sorethumbed

Kidney cancer (kidney removed) , plate fitted in chest, heart attack then secondary cancer in lung (lobe removed) . Rough yes but at the moment, ok.

HEADESTROYER4

crippyd wrote:

@Red650Ti Nice one, keep up the good work!
Myself, I had a good day yesterday and only ate my lunch and dinner without snacking in between. The food itself was a sensible choice and not like McDonald's or other. Snacking is probably the worst thing for me, so if I can keep that off, that will help loads.

SHAZAM! Head's snacking tips!

• Pickled EVERYTHING, none of it has any real caloric value and satisfies the "Salt tooth"
  • Lettuce Wraps: For a late night snack, wash a couple leaves of romaine lettuce, toss some lean meat in, some pickles, olives, onions, mustard. You can eat three of these bad boys before bed and barely hit 300cals / nearly no carbs.
    Seafood, it's mostly just protein. Check on the label of "imitation" as sometimes it's half wheat carbs.
  • Vegetables... key for filling you up and not providing much of anything at all. Fruit, is solid sugar.
  • Protein shakes/powders key for post work-out recovery.
  • Tasty gum... it sounds stupid but buy nine packs of Juicy Fruit and every other yummy chewing gum, gorge on calorie free "sweets".

Edited on by HEADESTROYER4

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Red620Ti

sorethumbed wrote:

Kidney cancer (kidney removed) , plate fitted in chest, heart attack then secondary cancer in lung (lobe removed) . Rough yes but at the moment, ok.

Damn, is your real name Steve Austin?

sorethumbed

I've cost the NHS close to it lol. Couldn't feel less like him though 😅😅😅😅😅

Red620Ti

Well, you go steady mate!

First weigh in post Xmas was yesterday, came in at 136.8 KG, which roughly translates to "fat bastard".........I'll see if any has gone next week!

More runs, cycles and visits to the gym have occurred and are planned, but damn my legs are aching!

sorethumbed

I was 118kg and 6'1 inches so equally FB.
Meat products and non salad stuff now have a much longer survival rate in our house.
I'm aiming to use soup mainly to get it off (it's mostly water). For those who haven't tried it here's a banger that's really good:
Kale Soup.
400g kale with the thick stalk 'whitey' bits taken out
300g spuds, 200g celeriac, both peeled and chopped to 0.5 inch bits
1 large onion and 1 'hot' red chilli both finely chopped
1.5 litre veg stock. - comes in tins I powder, just add hot water.
Sweat onions, chilli, celeriac, spuds for about 15 mins then add stock
When hot add finely chopped kale
Cook for 15mins.

HEADESTROYER4

The one positive aspect of a flu: You don't feel like eating a damn thing, this should actually help me re-set my diet.

Correction: Diet Orange Crush, the one thing I crave as if it were air when ill.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

sorethumbed wrote:

Warm/hot Ribena

I've never had it before as you don't see it across the pond but that beverage sure has history!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.