Forums

Topic: How big's yours?

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

ajfromuk

Space I mean How much free space do you have between your lovely shiny black sensor and the furthest object and more importantly how well does that space work?

I have just measured mine and between my Kinect which sits on top of my TV (at an elevated position of 5 foot) and the start of my sofa I have 9 foot free in distance and 6 foot across... so by my calcualtions thats 54 square feet of playing room... yet (sadly to say) the Kinect wants MORE!!!

5202255066_1b3fc043cb_m.jpg

Single player games are not a problem (athough Your Shape still wants me further back) but two player can get a bit tight. I'm quite lucky with the free space I have but I am guessing other people don't have the luxury of that room.

So... come on people... how bigs yours and how are you finding the experiance?

Edited on by ajfromuk

TheDoctor213

I lucked out and have a photo studio set up in one of my rooms.  It has a bay window in it as well, so I set up my TV on the bay window along with my Xbox and Kinect.  I have the whole room open with no furniture, just some light stands and such, and the TV is out of the way when I need to do a photo shoot.  I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it when I get home tonight.

TheDoctor213

TheDoctor213
ajfromuk

Ohh sounds like a nice set up @TheDoctor213 and yeah would be great to see that... thank god for British bay windows ah

Seriously, they add so much to the room.  The big plus about the one I have is that under it is 6 drawers so not only will it hold my TV but I have tons of storage under it.

TheDoctor213

ajfromuk
TheDoctor213

Seriously, they add so much to the room.  The big plus about the one I have is that under it is 6 drawers so not only will it hold my TV but I have tons of storage under it.

You lucky blighter

dirtyvu

rc0upc.jpg

Edited on by dirtyvu

dirtyvu

SpentAllMyTokens
ajfromuk

So... come on people... how bigs yours and how are you finding the experiance?

MichaelScott.jpg

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

NimbleDruid

i have had to re-arrange my living area, i had about 9 foot originally but when i was playing kinect sports and taking part in the javelin i craked the shelve unit the tv was fixed to on wall and brought the sky box, dvd player and modem all flying off the wall, lucky i had tv, xbox, kinect all on different shelve and bracket, so now i have about 14 foot by 12. but thats @ my limit and moving couch around

NimbleDruid

kinectakid

My room

My playspace:
Length: 3 metres
Width: 2,1 metres

From The Netherlands

Edited on by kinectakid

XBL GT: robinrock96
My favo game genre's: Racing, Simulation, Family / Fun, Shooters.

abINC4L

You guys are lucky. Because of the amount of furniture and other nice looking useless stuff in our house, there's no room unless we push the couch to the side and the coffee table up. The fact that we have to rearrange the living room constantly is one of the main reasons why I don't play all the time.

NNID: AB88INC4L

Muzz3110

I have same problem my rooms to small so i have to move downstairs and set up there and still move furniture around.. small London houses aren't great for this thing but its worth the sacrifice.

However it is annoying as I was speeking to a guy at OXM early last year who told me they would have to make it work in small rooms for it to be accepted in Europe

Muzz3110

Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Magi
Otaku

I completely agree 110%.  Back when I was eleven, the same thing happened to me.  I looked for days and days but just couldn't seem to find it.  Eventually I gave up and then one day it LITERALLY just fell out of the sky and hit me right in the head!!  A "eureka" moment to be sure!  A little painful though

Magi

Jim84

I just got the kinect but I seem to have plenty of floor space, I've only played adventures though. My problem is vertical space though. If I am back in the ideal spot, there is a low beam that runs across right over where I'm standing, so I have to be careful when I do anything that requires me to jump.

Jim84

MikeAstro

When I move my sofa, I have a good 11 feet square, which is great for me, no problems at all. Very pleased with the kinect overall, needs some more adult type games, but very impressive tech.

MikeAstro

SuperKMx
ajfromuk

5202255066_1b3fc043cb_m.jpg

Loving that TV stand, AJ. Real nice stuff!

I've had to move stuff around a bit, but I think I've got my gaming space all set up now. Just need a bigger TV!

5673904270_514b0b93c0.jpg

5673903478_54ab80e1de.jpg

And yep, the big light on the right of the first picture does get in the way...a lot!

Edited on by SuperKMx

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.