Forums

Topic: What are you listening to?

Posts 101 to 120 of 184

Captain_Chao5

Just working through my boring weekly reports with a bit of Stone Sour blasting out.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Red620Ti

Its all about Neil Diamond at the moment.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

SuperKMx

Red620Ti wrote:

Its all about Neil Diamond at the moment.

Well, OK.

I'm spinning Asking Alexandria's "From Death to Destiny" a lot at the moment, as well a Lamb of God's "Ashes of The Wake." In a metallic mood.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

sorethumbed

Old stuff: Crosby stills Nash & Young.
New stuff: Zaz

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

holchasaur

I'm getting back to this Mercy Street album after forgetting about it since the day it came out. To those unfamiliar, it's Scott Sellers', the lead singer/guitarist from Rufio, latest project. Honestly, it sounds a heck of a lot like Rufio, but maybe a little poppier. So far I'd say "Try Hard" and "Don't Tell The Truth" are highlights. Check them out if you like energetic pop-punk.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

sorethumbed wrote:

YES! The CSNY must be busted out from time to time. Young grew up as a young man in Winnipeg and we've quite the love for him here. Oddly, when my family moved down south we were living about 10mins away from his California ranch for quite some time.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

crippyd

Still blasting out the old school Guns n' Roses live CD. They had some great songs, not so impressed with Chinese Democracy though.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

tylertreese

I haven't listened to music in a few weeks. Came to the realization I'd rather be listening to podcasts and learning something for the most part.

Been listening to a lot of My Brother, My Brother And Me. Listened to 180~ episodes in like 2 months lol

Edited on by tylertreese

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

BAMozzy

crippyd wrote:

Still blasting out the old school Guns n' Roses live CD. They had some great songs, not so impressed with Chinese Democracy though.

I have tried a few times to get into the Chinese Democracy but it really doesn't Rock my world...

I have been listening to Slash's latest album 'World on Fire' a lot as well as some of his other post Gn'R albums

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

HEADESTROYER4

crippyd wrote:

There were a couple songs I liked, "You Could Be Mine" I think, was one.

Right now I'm going "old-school" and bumping The Grey Album from back when hip-hop was still alive. I've always loved the contrast on that entire album between The Beatles smooth harmonies, and classic Hova. Also on a Chuck Berry kick as a friend sent me some great video footage and rare audio links, was he ever a showman!

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4

TylerTreese wrote:

I haven't listened to music in a few weeks. Came to the realization I'd rather be listening to podcasts and learning something for the most part.

Been listening to a lot of My Brother, My Brother And Me. Listened to 180~ episodes in like 2 months lol

You've sworn off music? The, second? Or third greatest discovery by mankind... right behind speech and fire. How!? I'd pretty much die of withdrawal.

Story time: Musical notes as we know them today were first "discovered" and categorized by Pythagoras. As he worked one day, the local blacksmith was pounding out things that blacksmiths make. Pythagoras heard the difference in pitch between different mediums, and went on to research and name the notes, inventing some of the earliest tuning forks. The alphabetical naming of notes was simply the easiest way to categorize things. Knowledge is power.

Blind Melon - Hell
Pearl Jam - (This Is) Not For You
Marvin&Tammy - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
The Foo Fighters - Stacked Dead Actors
Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

shingi_70

Album wise its been

Lupe Fiasco - Tuesto and Youth
The Decembrist - what a terrible world, what a beautiful world
Huey Lewis and the news - sports!
Final Fantasy 13 soundtrack

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

Red620Ti

I've set my mp3 player to random play for the trip in, this morning I had
MC Rob Base
Neil Diamond
Exodus
Simon and Garfunkel (Liiiiiiiike a bridge, over troubled water...............You're welcome!)
Rob Zombie
Snoop D o double G
Shakin Stevens

Sometimes I think other people are sneaking songs onto my player, I really do!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

HEADESTROYER4

@Red620Ti This version is even more epic than the young Aretha Franklin one, which totally kicks the Simon & G-Funk rendition.

Also, I traveled to the U.K and put those Snoop D.O Uble G songs in... no apologies, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

Edited on by HEADESTROYER4

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

Vincent294

shingi_70 wrote:

Album wise its been

Lupe Fiasco - Tuesto and Youth
The Decembrist - what a terrible world, what a beautiful world
Huey Lewis and the news - sports!
Final Fantasy 13 soundtrack

Good taste. I plan on getting at least a few songs of Lupe's new album if not the whole thing, along with some Mikky Ekko, Twin Shadow, Sir Sly, and Cheatahs.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

SuperKMx

My current top five...

Asking Alexandria - Killing You
In This Moment - Dirty Pretty
Metric - Black Sheep
Wolf Alice - Fluffy
Glen Hansard - Say It to Me Now

The last one is from Once. Such a great movie.

Boomers, all.

Edited on by SuperKMx

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

sorethumbed

HEADESTROYER4 wrote:

sorethumbed wrote:

YES! The CSNY must be busted out from time to time. Young grew up as a young man in Winnipeg and we've quite the love for him here. Oddly, when my family moved down south we were living about 10mins away from his California ranch for quite some time.

Yup, Neil Young has been on my playlist for most of my life 😀 Prairie Wind was my last purchase and he's still great. I get a hankering for 70's stuff again every now and then and now is one of those times so Joni Mitchell, CSNY, Leonard Cohen, Led Zep, Be-Bop Deluxe and Alex Harvey (amongst others) getting a hammering at the moment.

HEADESTROYER4

sorethumbed wrote:

HEADESTROYER4 wrote:

sorethumbed wrote:

Yup, Neil Young has been on my playlist for most of my life 😀 Prairie Wind was my last purchase and he's still great. I get a hankering for 70's stuff again every now and then and now is one of those times so Joni Mitchell, CSNY, Leonard Cohen, Led Zep, Be-Bop Deluxe and Alex Harvey (amongst others) getting a hammering at the moment.

I think that Cohen - Hallelujah is one of the greatest pieces of poetry set to music ever made! Imagine Hendrix doing that song. Cohen is a tad Dylanish vocally... old Dylan that is, like a frog with perfect pitch.

Why would anyone listen to recent music anyways?

Edited on by HEADESTROYER4

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

holchasaur

PUP... I've been listening to SO much PUP lately. Finally watched their video for Guilt Trip, too, and I'm thinking it's my favorite music video in a long, long time. You should check it out.

Edited on by holchasaur

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

sorethumbed

@Headestroyer, the old stuff is the best. We all love the music we grew up with but I grew up in the 60's and 70's so what's not to like 😊😊. I grew up in a small town in the North of Scotland where there was a U.S. Base close by (Part of the DEW line). Some of the guys lived in town and had music shipped in from the U.S. So I grew up on Big Brother and the Holding Company, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane etc. Leonard Cohen is a breed apart, marmite but I love his stuff.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.