Valheim finally made its console debut on Xbox Game Pass last month, following a successful PC exclusivity period for Iron Gate Studios. As expected for an Xbox Game Preview title, we have seen a few issues so far on Xbox Series X|S platforms, but the team continues to patch things up post-release.
The latest update — Valheim version 0.215.2 — is out now on Xbox, and it brings some welcome fixes including improved server stability to decrease the chances of corrupt saves. The full patch notes are available down below:
Valheim Xbox Patch Notes - Update 0.215.2
Fixes & Improvements
* Backups are no longer deleted after being restored, so the same backup can now be restored multiple times.
* World saves with missing .fwl files now show up in the Manage Saves menu so that they can be deleted.
* Fixed a bug where backups couldn't be restored if the main save file was missing its .fwl file.
* Fixed a bug that made world saves in cloud storage create a blank .old file when saving, instead of no .old file.
* Player & ship markers are now shown correctly above map pins on the minimap
* Lighting effects reduced when using “reduce flashing lights” setting for Eikthyr antlers, all boss spawning, guardian power and boss stone activation
* Network compatibility version is now displayed separately in the console and log file and each non-pc platform has a platform prefix in the version text
* Improved stability and performance of world saving to decrease chance of saves being corrupted on microsoft store and xbox
* Save files that were corrupted as a result of incomplete file operations in cloud storage are detected and can no longer be started as empty worlds
* Fixed a bug where the time stamps of cloud saves were retrieved as UTC instead of local time.