Activision has today revealed a ton of information about what we can expect from "Season 1" of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0 when it begins next week, set to launch for both games on November 16th at 10AM PT.
Let's start with Modern Warfare 2. Season 1 will see the reintroduction of the Shoot House and Shipment maps from Modern Warfare (2019), a new Special Ops mission and the first episode of Raids, four new weapons and six new operators, the limited-time addition of various football (soccer) stars, and various other new features.
- Shoot House, Shipment Set for Reimagined Return. Prepare to finish out those camo challenges or just embrace the frantic chaos these action-packed maps provide.
- Open the CDL Moshpit. Prior to the introduction of Modern Warfare II Ranked Mode in a future Season, practice on the official maps and ruleset with your squad.
- New Special Ops Mission, Raid Episode 1 In-Season. Grab your Duo and assault the enemy on land and in the air before gearing up for the continuation of the Modern Warfare II story in a daunting Raid experience.
As for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, the free-to-play experience will include a whole bunch of new features that were mostly covered at the Call of Duty: Next event a couple of months ago, including a brand-new extraction mode called DMZ, the new 2v2 Gulag environment, and of course, the new Warzone 2.0 map set in Al Mazrah.
Interestingly, the current Call of Duty: Warzone won't be shutting down on November 16th, but will instead temporarily go offline before returning as "Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera", providing access to a "standard Battle Royale Playlist".
But anyway, back to Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 - here's a summary of some of the key features:
- Al Mazrah, Home of Warzone 2.0: Use 18 major points of interest to plot out your victory in Battle Royale or explore them en route to extraction in the brand-new DMZ experience.
- Ready for the New Era: Masses of gameplay innovations and new features make Warzone 2.0 an incredible experience, built on community learnings since Call of Duty®: Next.
- A Shift in Perspective: Third-Person Playlists Coming In-Season to Warzone 2.0: For the first time in Warzone history, we welcome fans of third-person Battle Royale action during Season 01.
If you're interested in learning more about Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 specifically, Activision has advised that "an entire blog" will be dedicated to diving deeper into its features prior to the game's launch next week.