Battlefield 2042 developer DICE has lifted the lid on the game's third season of content, dubbed 'Escalation'. The upcoming season will add a new map and a bunch of new weapons — among other bits and pieces — but it also marks an important milestone. The game is set to join EA Play and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Season 3, which begins on November 22nd.
Following its addition to Xbox Game Pass this November, EA is also opening up 2042 to everyone via a selection of free trial weekends. The game will be free to try on Xbox from December 1st through December 4th, with Steam and PlayStation trials also arriving during the month of December.
Here's a bit more info on what to expect from Season 3 of Battlefield 2042:
- "In Season 3, players will be able to take the fight to the untamed wilderness in Sweden with the new map, Spearhead, featuring semi-automated manufacturing facilities of high tech weaponry."
- "New Egyptian-born Specialist and security expert Zain is adept at flushing foes out of cover with his XM370A Airburst Rifle. With his perseverance under pressure helping him lead on the front lines, Zain can immediately recharge his health after taking out an enemy."
- "Multiple weapons and a Battlefield-classic throwable are also on the Season 3 roster; high damage and more tactical stakes are the name of the game with these additions. The Rorsch Mk-4 Railgun launches unbelievably fast projectiles and features multiple firing modes, meaning players who can master its charging times will find versatility and power in this cutting-edge weapon."
- "The double-barreled, semi-automatic NVK-S22 Smart Shotgun is compact and nimble enough for users to be able to ambush in close quarters situations. The long barreled NVK-P125 Bullpup Pistol is an ideal sidearm for long distance encounters. Beyond guns, Throwing Knives are coming to Battlefield 2042 arsenals this season as well."
- "The multi-moded EMKV90-TOR Tank offers an adaptable way to move across the combat zone, wreaking havoc in the process. The EMKV90-TOR has two modes: Mobility Mode, emphasizing swiftness, and Siege Mode, which slows the tank down to a crawl, but allows it to deal immense damage. In addition, this tank features a special system that detects the source of incoming attacks within a range, and displays them in the HUD."
DICE is also continuing to make changes to the existing content within Battlefield 2042, including map reworks, rebalancing efforts, and the move to bring back a more traditional class system. Bring on Season 3!