Xbox has announced today that 76 games have received the backwards compatible treatment on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, including from some beloved franchises such as TimeSplitters, Max Payne and Star Wars.
In addition, 37 back compat games (11 from the new batch) have also received FPS Boosts on Xbox Series X|S.
Here's the full list of the 76 new backwards compatible titles (thanks The Verge):
- 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
- Aces of the Galaxy
- Advent Rising
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Make the Grade
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth
- Bankshot Billiards 2
- Beautiful Katamari
- Binary Domain
- Black College Football Xperience: Doug Williams Ed
- Cloning Clyde
- Dead or Alive Ultimate
- Dead or Alive 3
- Dead or Alive 4
- Death by Cube
- Disney Universe
- Disney’s Chicken Little
- Elements of Destruction
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- F.E.A.R. 3
- F.E.A.R. Files
- The First Templar
- Islands of Wakfu
- Lego The Lord of the Rings
- Max Payne
- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
- Max Payne 3
- Mini Ninjas
- Mortal Kombat
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
- MX vs. ATV Alive
- MX vs. ATV Untamed
- Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee
- Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
- Otogi: Myth of Demons
- Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
- The Outfit
- Outpost Kaloki X
- Quake Arena Arcade
- R.A.W. - Realms of Ancient War
- Red Dead Revolver
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Ridge Racer 6
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- Rock of Ages
- Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
- Secret Weapons Over Normandy
- Skate 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam!
- SpongeBob’s Truth or Square
- Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Thrillville: Off the Rails
- Time Pilot
- TimeSplitters 2
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
- Toy Story Mania!
- Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
- Viva Piñata: Party Animals
The Xbox team says you will be able to "start playing these games today if you own them on disc or digitally, and the vast majority can be purchased digitally by new players in the Microsoft Store starting later today."
"Every backward compatible title added today will experience improved visual quality with Auto HDR on supported displays, which automatically adds HDR enhancements on Xbox Series X|S."
"Original Xbox games will experience a resolution increase on all Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles on supported displays - 4x resolution increase on Xbox Series X and Xbox One X, 3x resolution increase on Xbox Series S, 2x resolution increase on Xbox One S and Xbox One."
According to Xbox compatibility program lead Peggy Lo, this will mark the final batch of backwards compatible titles to be released, with Lo explaining that the team has "reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints".
Happy with the additions? Let us know down in the comments section below.