After some uncertainty over whether The Good Life would be coming to Xbox Game Pass, developer White Owls has confirmed it will be hitting the service day one on October 15 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. There's also a free demo available on the Microsoft Store for all players to try out now.
The strange title comes from Hidetaka Suehiro, the mind behind the absolutely bonkers Deadly Premonition series. As for the demo, you'll get to peek behind the curtain of the suburban town you'll be able to explore ahead of its full release, getting a taste of the mystery that surrounds it all.
Expect a lot of surprises.
- Explore the vast and sprawling town of Rainy Woods
- Take photos to repay your debt
- Unlock and try out new recipes
- Plant, grow and harvest your own crops
- Discover new clothing and other items
- Save up money and renovate your house and garden(!)
- Investigate a murder while riding a sheep(?!)
The game's being penned as a "bizarre experience that will keep players hooked until the very end". Judging by Suehiro's previous work, we don't doubt that for a single second.
Will you be checking out The Good Life? Drop us a comment and let us know.