With Sonic Colors: Ultimate making its Xbox debut in just two short months, SEGA has now revealed the full details as to what's new for the remastered instalment.
Being a Nintendo Wii title that originally released back in 2010, there's undeniably a lot of work that needs to be done to improve it. Players are looking at considerable upgrades such as 60fps and 4K resolution, but there's also a variety of new modes and other changes to dive into.
Here's everything new coming to Sonic Colors: Ultimate:
- HD Visual Improvements: 60FPS, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics and 4K resolution.
- New Rival Rush Mode: Go head-to-head with Metal Sonic to unlock new rewards.
- Park Tokens & Customisation: Head to the store and use park tokens to unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes, and gloves for Sonic.
- Jade Ghost: Transform Sonic, fly around and pass through solid objects to reach hidden areas.
- Customisable Controls: Customise your controls to find a layout that suits your play style.
- Tails Save: Find a Tails save and be taken back to safety if you need to be rescued.
- 100 Count Ring: Collect a 100 count ring to gain temporary invincibility and boost your score after each level.
- Music: Fully remixed soundtrack to set the pace while you put an end to Dr. Eggman's evil plan.
As you can see, it's a chunky amount of content to sink your teeth into. So, if you've played the original Nintendo Wii release, there seems to be plenty of new content here to try. However, if this doesn't tickle your fancy, there's a brand new Sonic game coming in 2022, which according to a recent rumour is going to be a substantial change for the series.
Will you be picking up Sonic Colors: Ultimate? Let us know in the comments below.