- Number of Players
- Release Date
- 11th Oct 2011 (USA)
- 14th Oct 2011 (UK/EU)
When it comes to the world of swimming, there's no bigger name than Michael Phelps, but even his mighty reputation isn't enough to secure Michael Phelps: Push the Limit a gold medal. Any game that starts with a warning that it's physically draining even by Kinect standards should set alarm bells ringing, but Michael Phelps smartly rations...
About The Game
The ultimate sportsman in the ultimate sports game... you.
Enter a fun, exciting and exhilarating world where fractions of a second are the difference between winning big or losing big.
You play an up and coming swimmer, new to the exciting ‘invite only’ world of competitive racing held in some of the most breathtaking locations on the planet. Prove yourself against the best of the best in some of the biggest stages the sport has to offer. Have you really got what it takes to beat the world’s greatest athlete and swimmer Michael Phelps?
Break every pre-conception you have. Break every record out there. Break every limit you have.
- Learn from and be inspired by the greatest – Michael Phelps guides you step by step in the journey from unknown to legend. Customise your character and notice your physical shape change the more you race!
- Control and perfect every element of the race to find the split-seconds – hyping the crowd, start reaction, dive, stroke, turn and reach finish. Compete in freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke races over short and long distances.
- Career Mode allows you to choose your path through the racing season, swerving or meeting rivals head on, and take part in the end of season Annual Games where glory and medals are up for grabs. Improve your character stats the more you race and compare your times against players around the world on the Xbox Live Leaderboard.
- Intelligent, intuitive and addictive Kinect gameplay. You are the controller - the moves you make in your front room are replicated on screen. Strategically deploy voice activated power ups during a race to gain the advantage over competitors.
- Stand out water effects bring the pool splashing into the front room. Compete in breathtaking locations – including an icy mountain range, within the Los Angeles city skyline, inside an architectural pyramid in Perth, an ornate Japanese dojo , inside a New York Skyscraper, and an 80000 seat outdoor sports arena.
- Go head to head with up to three other players from around the world in online multiplayer, 1 v 1 split-screen multiplayer, and local team Party Relay multiplayer for up to 8 players.