Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Purchase

Posts 121 to 140 of 244

Magonigal

Pre-ordered Far Cry 6 but can't install it at the moment as i haven't got enough space so will have to decide what to delete for now

Magonigal

leathco

R-Type Final 2, Capcom Arcade Stadium (the complete pack DLC) and Igas Backpack DLC for Bloodstained. I grew up on old school R-Type and really wanted to play a newer version for a while now. The Igas Backpack is just cause I am a big fan of MetroidVania style games (loved the Castlevania Advance Collection) and wanted just a bit more life into Bloodstained. Finally, love old school arcade titles and grab them when I can.

leathco

mousieone

Story of Seasons.. and it works great with remote play in bed with the pups.

mousieone

Tasuki

Picked up Call of Duty Vanguard earlier this week. The World War II setting got me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Banjo-

I pre-ordered Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water Digital Deluxe Edition. I also have the physical limited edition on Wii U which was, boy, so hard to find, even pre-ordering back in the day. I hope that the other games are re-released as well! Well, you know, the 3DS spin-off doesn't count.

I want to buy other games but not in a rush to do so, e.g., Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2, Crash Bandicoot 4... so waiting for sales on those.

Banjo-

crippyd

I picked up the last Tomb Raider game in the sale for about £12 which I thought a decent price. Haven't tried it yet but I have enjoyed the other two of the most recent series so I have high hopes.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

KilloWertz

Lost in Random
Kaze and the Wild Masks
Both DLCs for The Outer Worlds

Didn't want to spend too much during Xbox's Black Friday sale, but I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up finally getting today.

I hardly ever see Kaze on sale, which is why I hadn't bought it and played it long before now. Lost in Random has been on sale multiple times, but figured I might as well get it now anyways. Been looking forward to playing it since before it released. Kind of a Phil Spencer special since he recommended both games at various times.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

BAMozzy

Went on bit of a Spending Spree - Ordered a 1TB Expansion Card, B&O Beoplay Headset, Far Cry 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy...

I am most excited to get the Expansion as I am fed up with having to move games between my external 5tb HDD and internal to free up space. The new 'streaming' functionality with Game Pass Ultimate is great - worked fine when I started Marvel's Avengers (although stops all updates/instals when streaming) and didn't really want to start Forza Horizon 5 that way as the 'visual' downgrade from playing 'natively' on Series X is quite significant. I will say that input lag seems negligible compared to native - but on a visual showcase like FH5, dropping from 4k and add some compression artefacts is a bit too much and I want to see the 'starting' showcase at its 'best'. I'm sure that it would feel very close in the way it plays. Marvels Avengers looks 'decent' enough when streamed, better than a LOT of native BC games locked at 1080p or less.

The two games were relatively cheap thanks to BF deals and not on Game Pass (like Back 4 Blood, FH5, Halo:Infinite etc) so picked them up. I needed a headset and found the B&O's with a 1/3rd off the original asking price - yes still very expensive (3x the Xbox Wireless) but high quality Audio headset that also sounds amazing with music/movies too and doesn't have 'faux leather' ear cups are difficult to find...

Anyway, until these arrive over the course of next week, I don't know if I will 'regret' my purchasing decisions....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Ryu_Niiyama

Mass effect remastered was on sale for BF. Will be nice to play 1 again.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

Tasuki

Just picked up the Tiny Tina's Dragon Keep One Shot for $10

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

dmcc0

Slowly filling the gaps in my Assassin's Creed Library - picked up Origins Deluxe Edition for around £12. Got a bit burnt out on PS3 after playing the first game and all the Ezio games in quick succession and haven't really played any since, so will be good to get back to them at some point.

dmcc0

LtSarge

Just bought Gears Tactics on Xbox One for €9. It's also on Game Pass but I figured I might as well buy it since it's a long game and I'd rather spend my time with newer/shorter titles on GP. Definitely looking forward to playing this one since it looks like a fairly interesting adaption of the series to the tactics genre.

LtSarge

Ralizah

Bought one of those pretty blue Xbox Series controllers while they were on sale on Amazon for $39.99. Never used an Xbox controller newer than the one for the 360, so it'll be interesting seeing how they've improved the ergonomics.

I'd originally purchased a DS4 as my PC gamepad, but my bluetooth has been giving me trouble, Sony isn't interested in manufacturing more of those PC adapters for DS4 (weird, considering the massive PC gaming push as of late), and pretty much everything effortlessly supports the One/Series controller, from what I've heard, so I'll be trying that out. No gyro sucks, but that won't be an issue for most games I want to play on it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Gears is my favorite Xbox series (sorry Halo), so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I thought it was a pretty good game. Be prepared to have your units miss shots from time to time that they shouldn't, but I think that's more the genre than the game itself as I think I recall reading people mentioning that about XCom too. Not a spoiler, but the end boss battle is insanely frustrating. There's always walkthroughs though, so it's doable.

Also, it's the smallest game I know of that includes almost nothing on the disc, even though it's small enough to easily fit on the disc. It's better than Far Cry 6, but I was still surprised when I saw my brother install it and all but maybe a GB or so had to be downloaded (I played it via Game Pass).

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Yeah I've played my fair share of tactical games so I'm used to stuff like missing shots. I'm just excited to be playing another game like this.

Good thing I bought it digitally then! Although I don't think I've even seen the game be sold here physically.

On a side note, I preferred Gears over Halo myself but having played through Halo Infinite, I think I actually prefer Halo now. I just love the open world and all the additions to the game. Really excited though to see what Gears 6 will be like.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Yeah, it's a borderline waste having the disc, but unfortunately you can say that about a decent amount of games on Xbox as a whole. I know I've mentioned it several times by now on here and possibly Push Square, but that's an advantage on PS5 if you like physical games still as I've yet to encounter a game on there that hasn't had a good portion of the game on it (besides Far Cry 6, but technically I said I've yet to encounter one).

Might as well block me again since you're dead to me again. Halo over Gears? Whatever! Actually, I get it, especially since you're coming off a very highly enjoyable experience with Halo Infinite. Sometime next year for me...

Back on topic, but one other semi-random thing is I played Gears Tactics before I played Gears 5 (waited to play Gears 5 on my Series X). It's a little weird going back to Gears Tactics story wise now for somewhat obvious reasons. You'll see.

Gamer83

Latest 'Xbox' purchase is a Series X (Target apparently gets them in stores to sell). Happy to be getting the de facto Xbox experience again.

Gamer83

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Yeah that was another reason why I didn't bother buying games like Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 physically because it doesn't seem like Microsoft cares about that stuff anymore. Which I'm totally fine with, it's more advantageous for me to play these games through Xbox Cloud Gaming anyway. I started up The Gunk yesterday and it looks so good! Moreover, as I'm finishing up races in Forza Horizon 5, I've been using fast travel a lot and the load times are basically non-existent in this game! It literally takes one second to travel all the way across the other side of the map. It's thanks to the fact that Cloud Gaming has the Series X versions of these games that I'm able to enjoy them even more than I would've on my base Xbox One.

I've read that Gears Tactics takes place before the first game, so I think it's going to be cool to experience what it was like back then.

LtSarge

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Yeah, the lack of Sony USB dongles is really weird considering you NEED to use a DS4 if you're using Now on PC, and you can't even use it Bluetooth, it has to be wired. I ended up using an XB controller & dongle and reWASD for Now lol.

You'll like the XSeries controller, I think. Smaller, more ergonomic than X1, and way more than 360. I know you like your parallel sticks, but if the DS5 could convince me to not notice I'm using parallel sticks on PS5, I'm sure XSeries can convince you to not notice it's asymmetrical on XB. Plus you're mostly used to it from Switch Pro, anyway

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic