Forums

Topic: Xbox Games You've Recently Beat

Posts 141 to 160 of 261

BIG3

I'm just gonna go ahead and list all the games I've beat because the Series S is my first Xbox ever. I picked it up a couple weeks after launch. So far I've beaten:

A Plague Tale Innocence, Cyberpunk 2077, FF XV, The Medium, What Remains of Edith Finch, Injustice 2 (campaign only), Tomb Raider DE, Gears 4 (campaign only), Call of the Sea, A Way Out, Nier: Replicant, Nier: Automata, Outriders, Yakuza 6, Yakuza Like A Dragon, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Gears Tactics, Halo 5, The Outer Worlds, Control, Twelve Minutes, Dragon Quest XI, Gears 5, Psychonauts 2 and Forza Horizon 4 (all stories).
That's 25 games in under a year, 22 of them straight from Game Pass. The ones I bought I regret buying.

I'm currently playing Flight Simulator, The Ascent and Scarlet Nexus.

Games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year is Back 4 Blood, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite.
That makes 28 games straight off Game Pass in one year. Best deal in gaming for sure.

If you know, you know.

KilloWertz

@thenewguy You can safely say you've been getting your money's worth. That's impressive.

I'm currently playing Scarlet Nexus as well. I've been really enjoying it other than a few frustrating battles. Grateful they put it on Game Pass as I'm not sure when/if I would have played it otherwise since the demo didn't click with me like I hoped it would.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

BIG3

@KilloWertz Yeah. Soon Ive played more games than I did last gen on PS. I actually just finished Yuitos route just now. The demo didn't click with me either, but now that I've completed one of two playthroughs I can say I absolutely loved the combat in this game and how progression works and actually matters. Enjoy!

If you know, you know.

Balta666

@thenewguy well I will go on ahead and also mention the games I beat this year since I got GP (first on PC and after on series X)

Guacamelee 2, ori and the will of the wisps, mass effect 3, carrion, dragon age inquisition, wild at heart, fable anniversary, fable 2, nier automata, new super lucky's tale, fable 3, the ascent, twelve minutes, psychonauts 2, tell me why, code vein and I am nearly done with mass effect andromeda (and also started Scarlett Nexus)

Edited on by Balta666

BIG3

@Balta666 Thats a good list right there.

If you know, you know.

RedKnight34

@Clankylad
Thanks for reminding me after i played the demo i wanted to grab this on release but i forgot i know what i'm buying this weekend.

RedKnight34

LtSarge

Just finished Genesis Noir and this has to be one of the most bizarre indie games I've ever played. It's a very, very surreal experience where the focus is more on the story and the visuals rather than the gameplay. As a result, it wasn't that fun to play but I came out very impressed by the cut-scenes. The theme is basically a mix of astronomy and noir, which I thought was very interesting and it made for some incredible visuals. Fact of the matter is that this game is more of an experience rather than an actual game. So if you're going in with that kind of expectations, then I think you'll have a great time. Although it's worth noting that I encountered a lot of bugs when playing it on my base Xbox One. I'd explore and wander into areas that basically wouldn't let me leave. Not to mention that some interactions just wouldn't get triggered. I'm rather shocked that it's been over six months since the game came out and these issues still haven't been ironed out. I don't know if they're specific to base Xbox One, but it's still worth keeping in mind.

LtSarge

JoakimZ

I beat Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on the Castlevania Advance Collection. I’ve collected all the souls and then also beat the game as Julius, and thus I have collected all of the achievements in the game, and for the entire collection.

Aria of Sorrow is a fantastic game, and the best game in the collection in my opinion.
This collection is amazing, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys metroidvania style games, or just 2D action games in general.

I think I would rank the games in the collection like this:

1. Aria of Sorrow
2. Circle of the Moon
3. Harmony of Dissonance
4. Dracula X

JoakimZ

Xbox Gamertag: ZWEIFELundANGST

LtSarge

Just finished DOOM 64. Man, it's so crazy to say that because I've been struggling to get through this game for the longest time now that I never thought I'd beat it. At first I was rather burned out on the series after having played DOOM 1 and 2, so I kept starting it up then putting it down for months on end without any noteworthy progress. However, I decided a couple of days ago to start it up again and it finally clicked with me. It was so much fun to play now after having taking a long break from the series, which is just what I needed. The game is really good, but it can get a bit formulaic. Still, I enjoyed it a lot and I'm glad that I finally finished it. It feels great to now be one step closer to playing the more modern DOOM games, such as DOOM 3 and DOOM (2016).

Before I move on from it though, I'm going to play through the additional Lost Levels campaign. I still want to experience more of this game, so I'm definitely looking forward to playing this extra campaign.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

Scarlet Nexus

Other than some horrendous pop-in during pretty much the whole game and some frustrating "boss" battles, I had a pretty good time with it. Really dug the art style and thought it was an overall pretty good looking game, and I agree with the masses about the combat system being great.

The bond level system in the game was also pretty poorly executed in my opinion as well. It starts out fine by naturally progressing with presents on bond episodes aside from the Team Bond Level staying at 1 for the entire game up until the final couple of phases, but then you end up having to spam presents to people to get their bond level to rise. I was unable to get 2 of mine to Level 6 for no apparent reason even though I spammed them probably close to 10 presents each the final time the team was at the hideout. In the end, it doesn't matter a whole lot unless you want all of the achievements. Just pointing out a frustrating flaw in an otherwise pretty enjoyable JRPG.

I'm glad Microsoft added it to Game Pass so I could play it for "free", as I'm not sure when I would have ever played it otherwise (I was planning on buying it someday for my PS5, but was in no rush since the demo didn't click with me).

LtSarge

Finished Superliminal earlier today. Great game! I love how creative the puzzles would get and the levels always felt refreshing and interesting to play through. I'm glad the game doesn't overstay its welcome either, it has a lot of great ideas and you get to experience all of them in just a couple of hours. It's definitely worth a playthrough.

I also just finished the Lost Levels campaign of DOOM 64. Highly enjoyed it as well! It's more of the same but that's honestly what I wanted after the main campaign clicked with me. I'm glad that I've finally completed this game and I'm excited to play through DOOM 3 next.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

Just finished Unruly Heroes last night. I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if i hadn't played Ori as there's some similarities between the two but Ori is just miles ahead of it.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

KilloWertz

The Medium

A decent horror game. I think the review average on Metacritic is pretty accurate, as it's not as good as I hoped it would have been back when it was first shown, but it does have some good things going for it. The graphics are pretty solid aside from some of the animations and the audio is extremely good. If I had headphones, I definitely would have experienced it like they suggested, and obviously the voice acting is top notch.

With that said, I pretty much hated the ending. I get why Marianne wants to kill herself, but does she honestly believe sacrificing herself to stop Maw will really give her sister a happy life? She's already had a pretty messed up life, and obviously watching her sister shoot herself right in front of her would not help matters. They also didn't need to not show who actually shot themselves, as this wasn't really a story that called for an open ended ending. Obviously you are supposed to assume Marianne shot herself, but oh well.

Krzzystuff

Not necessarily beat but finished up to a point that i was ready to let it go...FH4. It's now been deleted and FH5 pre-installed.

I can easily still get lost in the game just driving around and do the live events but after finishing up the Top Gear races and getting my last barn find i thought i'm good. Really looking forward to getting into FH5 when it launches to start exploring a new map.

Krzzystuff

dmcc0

@Krzzystuff Really looking forward to FH5 but feel like I'm nowhere near done with FH4 yet. Still got Top Gear to finish up and a couple of the Business tasks to complete in the base game. Also about halfway through the LEGO Speed Champions DLC and not even looked at the Fortune Island DLC yet.

I keep getting distracted by the seasonal challenges and just driving around doing the PR Stunts etc. I also bought FH3 earlier in the year (before FH5 was announced) and haven't even started it yet.

dmcc0

Krzzystuff

@dmcc0 yeah I didn't have any of the DLC and i have a few story/ business chapters to do still but i felt good enough with the progress. I got all the roads discovered, all the signs and all the barn finds. Did the Top Gear story and reached lvl 10 in almost all the races. I suck ass at drifting so I couldn't get myself into pursuing that as it was a chore instead of having fun.i might jump in here n there on xcloud and finish up some of the story chapter's...but likely I'm just done with it and will focus on FH5

Krzzystuff

dmcc0

Finished Costume Quest 2 on Game Pass - decided to play this one for Halloween. Fun little turn based RPG, although not exactly challenging. I have vague memories of playing the original on PS3 via PS+ having never heard anything about it before and was surprised how fun it was - the sequel is more of the same.

You play as a couple of kids battling a bad guy that is trying to ruin Halloween - An evil dentist in this case - and the different costumes you wear give you different buffs or abilities in battle. There are the usual side-quests, collectibles and costumes to find on your travels too and a few other kids you meet that can join your party. The battle system is fairly simple with each party member taking turns to attack, with more damage done if you get the timing of the hit correct. Same for defending - you time your block better and you take less damage. The battles are fairly easy, even the boss battles, which means you don't really need to be that good at getting the timing right

Overall a fun game, and although I haven't played the original for a long time, I think I prefer it to the sequel. Pretty short at about 6hrs, but any longer and it would've been close to outstaying it's welcome I think.

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

Banjo-

I just finished The Artful Escape. It's a little piece of art, indeed. I love the main character, animations and graphics. Music is very spontaneous but it works, too. It has been a touching little journey for me.

Banjo-

Krzzystuff

Just finished Halo 4 last night and deleted MCC. It was an odd felling deleting the game but i need room for infinite eventually and i gotta get going on Halo 5.

4 was amazing and was my favorite. The graphics, feel of the weapons and story was fantastic. I've enjoyed them all but 4 felt like a great ending to the MCC

Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic