Forums

Topic: Xbox Games You've Recently Beat

Posts 141 to 149 of 149

JoakimZ

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance and Castlevania: Dracula X on the Castlevania Advance Collection.

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance while still a great game, is easily the weakest of the GBA trilogy. Because Circle of the moon had complaints back in the day for being too dark for the non-backlit GBA screen, they clearly over compensated in the sequel, resulting in a not very attractive game. The music has also taken a hit, and for some reason is very low quality. It’s grainy and screechy and some of the more high pitched songs almost hurts the ears. I wish they would have remastered the soundtrack for this rerelease, because this game really would have needed it.
It’s also not a very challenging game, and is by far the easiest of the GBA trilogy. There are many bosses in this game, but most of them are way too easy.
I also played through the game with the bonus character Maxim, which was also very easy, since he is very strong, fast, has a triple jump from the start, and has special moves that can kill bosses very fast.

I wish Harmony of Dissonance gets a proper remaster/remake some day, because there is so much potential here. But it needs new graphics, far better sound quality, revamped difficulty and the dull boss fights redone from the ground.

I also beat Castlevania: Dracula X, aka. Vampire’s Kiss. I’ve never played this game before, and wow, this was very challenging. Not as hard as the NES games, but almost up there?
I admit, I used the rewind feature on some of the Medusa Head heavy platform sections, and on the final boss fight, which was a very frustrating and cheap fight with bottomless pits everywhere.

Overall, a pretty short but hard game. I would’ve personally preferred if it was a little longer but with the difficulty toned down a bit.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

Xbox Gamertag: ZWEIFELundANGST

Krzzystuff

Just finished up Halo ODST last night in my march towards completing all the Halo's before I play Infinite. Started on 4 already and got 5 and both Halo wars downloaded last night.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

thenewguy

I'm just gonna go ahead and list all the games I've beat because the Series S is my first Xbox ever. I picked it up a couple weeks after launch. So far I've beaten:

A Plague Tale Innocence, Cyberpunk 2077, FF XV, The Medium, What Remains of Edith Finch, Injustice 2 (campaign only), Tomb Raider DE, Gears 4 (campaign only), Call of the Sea, A Way Out, Nier: Replicant, Nier: Automata, Outriders, Yakuza 6, Yakuza Like A Dragon, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Gears Tactics, Halo 5, The Outer Worlds, Control, Twelve Minutes, Dragon Quest XI, Gears 5, Psychonauts 2 and Forza Horizon 4 (all stories).
That's 25 games in under a year, 22 of them straight from Game Pass. The ones I bought I regret buying.

I'm currently playing Flight Simulator, The Ascent and Scarlet Nexus.

Games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year is Back 4 Blood, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite.
That makes 28 games straight off Game Pass in one year. Best deal in gaming for sure.

thenewguy

KilloWertz

@thenewguy You can safely say you've been getting your money's worth. That's impressive.

I'm currently playing Scarlet Nexus as well. I've been really enjoying it other than a few frustrating battles. Grateful they put it on Game Pass as I'm not sure when/if I would have played it otherwise since the demo didn't click with me like I hoped it would.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

thenewguy

@KilloWertz Yeah. Soon Ive played more games than I did last gen on PS. I actually just finished Yuitos route just now. The demo didn't click with me either, but now that I've completed one of two playthroughs I can say I absolutely loved the combat in this game and how progression works and actually matters. Enjoy!

thenewguy

Balta666

@thenewguy well I will go on ahead and also mention the games I beat this year since I got GP (first on PC and after on series X)

Guacamelee 2, ori and the will of the wisps, mass effect 3, carrion, dragon age inquisition, wild at heart, fable anniversary, fable 2, nier automata, new super lucky's tale, fable 3, the ascent, twelve minutes, psychonauts 2, tell me why, code vein and I am nearly done with mass effect andromeda (and also started Scarlett Nexus)

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

Clankylad

Finished ‘Lake’ at the weekend. It’s a story game where you play Meredith, a 40-something city career woman who returns to the lakeside Oregon home town she left over 20 years before, to cover for her dad’s mail delivery job while her parents have a 2-week holiday. Essentially, each day you are given letters and packages to deliver and drive around the lake in a van delivering them. Occasionally, people will talk to you and there are different dialogue options, similar to Life is Strange, to choose how you react to them. At the end of the fortnight, you must choose whether to return to your city job, stay on as a postman, or just hit the road.

It’s clearly a budget title - there are only 11 licensed songs so you hear them on the radio rather a lot and there are quite a few graphical glitches, although the town and the lake look great. Nothing particularly dramatic happens and nobody dies or is hurt. The weather is dynamic and unfortunately chose thunderstorms for the last two days of my stay. The game is set in 1986, although there’s no particular reason for it - I assumed that at the end there might be a flash-forward showing how the now 80-year old Meredith’s life panned out, but the game just ends after she decides her future.

For all its limitations, I enjoyed the game. Delivering the mail is oddly relaxing, especially in nice weather, which it generally is. It takes about 7-8 hours to complete although you will need to do all three potential endings to max the achievements.

Clankylad

RedKnight34

@Clankylad
Thanks for reminding me after i played the demo i wanted to grab this on release but i forgot i know what i'm buying this weekend.

RedKnight34

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic