Forums

Topic: Game Pass Club

Posts 201 to 220 of 236

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I've actually really wanted to play through RE4 since I have it on Wii and that version is considered the best one due to motion controls (which I agree with it). However, the graphics are absolutely horrendous and playing it on Wii U forces you into a 4:3 aspect ratio, which is not great at all. There have been rumours that Capcom is making a remake of RE4 (which makes sense since they've already done remakes for 1-3) and I think I'll be waiting for that version before I experience RE4 in its entirety. Imagine playing it with better movement like in 2 and 3 instead of the semi tank controls that exist now. I honestly don't like how you have to stop in order to turn Leon, having full 360 degree movement is much more preferable in my opinion.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge fair enough, there's certainly time to wait for an announcement of a resi 4 remake if you have you haven't played 2, 3, 0 and CVX yet!

To be honest though, I never thought the controls were that bad, they take some getting used to because of modern games but the over the shoulder perspective makes the controls make a lot more sense than they did in the fixed camera angle games. Not sure if it needs motion controls either tbh but I do know some people who prefer the Wii version over the GC. Generally there's not enough enemies for it to make the stop and shoot controls difficult. Sometimes you have to run about a bit to make some space but it's not a really hard game compared to the originals

Generally I don't think the game needs a remake, it is pretty modern as is. The HD version does pretty it up for a wide screen display but there is something to be said for playing the original on a CRT TV, it looks really good because that generation of consoles generally looked better when played on a CRT. It's moodier and atmospheric and the narrower aspect ratio makes for a more claustrophic and scary environment. That said, I probably would still play a remake when it goes down to a reasonable price so I'm not against it by any means!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I'm gonna be honest, I did buy the PS4 version of RE4 and I didn't like that one either, lol. It does offer a wide screen display and better graphics but the issue is that it controls worse than the Wii version. The controls are so stiff and the aiming is so bad with the control stick. That's why people prefer the Wii version since the motion controls make it easier to aim, and why people prefer playing shooters on PC with mouse and keyboard in general due to the precise aiming, which can be compared to Wii's motion controls. The reason why you need precise aiming is because there are so many enemies and you need to be constantly shooting their heads as well as their legs in order to slow them down since they can move very fast. Because of these things, it's not really optimal to play the game with the regular controls. It just feels bad.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge fair enough! To each their own!

I quite enjoyed the few FPS games on Wii and Wii U that used the pointer controls, it was novel and made the usually generic (by that point in the genre) games quite enjoyable. I don't think I'd be able to play against anyone online who used twin sticks while I was using the pointer but it definitely made the single player campaigns more engrossing!

See ya!

LtSarge

Played a bit more of Night in the Woods and I'm starting to see now what kind of game this is. At first I thought it was like Oxenfree since it felt very similar to that game. But now it feels more like a Persona game where you just live out each day doing whatever you feel like doing, including side quests, and then end it off by hanging out with one of your friends. You can only hang out with one person at a time because afterwards it will be nighttime (like in Persona). Since realising this, I've come to enjoy the game much more since it feels like something you can come back to and play a little bit each day while getting to know some memorable characters. In fact, I'm already really liking the four main characters in the game and I can't wait to learn more about all of them. It's such a cool game!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

Hi all, I've decided I'm going to drop out of game pass club for a while. I know it's a bit lame but all I've been doing is playing games recently and I have some real life stuff to sort out for a while. I don't plan to stop playing games, I'm Gona finish up my playthrough of the Doom games but I need to make time to do boring adult stuff so I will be dropping out of playing Night in the Woods and Resident Evil 7.

I'll still be around and posting on the website and I'll definitely sort out the voting and tagging and stuff when it comes up, I just won't be playing the games myself. I'm hoping to be in a better place when we get around to Ryse Son of Rome after resi 7 so hopefully I can join in for that.

The votes for the next few games remain unchanged anyway as they just drop from 4 votes to 3 so they're still the top voted games. Currently we are on Night in the Woods, Resident Evil 7 is up next (either next week or the week after depending on how you are getting on with Night in the woods) and then Ryse Son of Rome will be our game some time in November.

Sorry I know it's a bit lame and I feel like a bit of a flake but I just need a bit of a break from the organised game playing so I can sort out my own admin/housekeeping/work etc (so boring adult stuff basically). Maybe I'll get around to playing some of the games at some point and I'll post about them when I do but it might be a while. Anyway, I hope you are all well and are enjoying Night in the Woods!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Honestly, if you're taking a break for a while then I think I'll do the same. I've actually been contemplating on doing so lately since there's been no activity here at all except for us two for the past two weeks. I haven't seen anyone else start up Night in the Woods and barely seen anyone finish Hellblade. It's okay if people are busy with other stuff, but for me I want more discussions and I don't want to talk to myself for entire pages.

Not to mention that my Game Pass is running out in a couple of days and I don't feel like renewing it anytime soon since I'm mostly playing on my Switch now and I'm planning to go through my PS4 backlog as well. So I don't want to feel restricted to specific games right now. Also, Trails of Cold Steel IV is coming out at the end of the month and my playtime will consist mostly of that game (which is 100+ hours long) so I'll most likely not play anything on Xbox for the coming two months. In other words, I think it'd be best for me to take a break as well.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

MAC26

@ralphdibny I completely understand your reasons. Life has me in a bit of a whirlwind at the moment. That's why I don't comment on here as often but I definitely try to whenever I can. I enjoy this Pure Xbox community and the Game Pass Club. I still have to get through Hellblade and I plan on giving Night in The Woods a try. I look forward to Resident Evil 7 and Ryse after that. I wish I had the time to play all of these games on a consistent basis, but I will get to them as life allows me to. Good luck to you my guy and hopefully you can sort out all of that boring adult stuff so you can get back to gaming soon!

MAC26

Xbox Gamertag: YungLaFlame

ralphdibny

@LtSarge @MAC26 thanks for understanding, I appreciate it!

Definitely played some good games in this club, especially hellblade which I think is my favourite of all that we've played. Hopefully a month off will give me some breathing room and I can get into Ryse with aplomb!

See ya!

Justifier

Sorry guys, I have been too busy myself, with work and life and stuff.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

MAC26

@graysoncharles there are some very good games on there indeed. Have you gotten around to playing anything yet?

MAC26

MAC26

Well I signed up, I look forward to more gaming along with our own little game pass club!

MAC26

ralphdibny

@LtSarge haha nice, can't believe they stole your idea! How you been? Have you got your series X? What you been playing lately?

I'm slowly but surely making my way through my "tasks". I've listed a few things on eBay and made a start on separating my mixed Lego sets with an eye to start selling it when I've cleaned it up. It's proper tedious work though.

Speaking of work, I actually went back for a day last week after 7 months, my boss has made it compulsory for us in order to get flexible furlough. I'm a zero hour contractor so I can and have been turning down work throughout the pandemic but I've run out of money, hence my minor freak out about sorting stuff out a month ago. It's been good to have a bit more time to focus on other things though.

Games wise I've played Spyro 1+2 recently, polished off my (re)playthrough of all the Splinter Cell games and started the last 3 Gears games I haven't played with Judgement. Quite keen to finish that play through as I played the first 3 at the beginning of the first lockdown in the UK and have had a massive break from them since then.

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I've been doing great! Been mostly studying and playing a lot of RPGs lately. Haven't bought a Series X yet since I'm focusing on going through my backlog on PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo, which is a lot. Recently I've been finding myself in a sort of PS1 craze on my Vita since there aren't many Vita games left for me to play. So I've been exploring my PS1 digital backlog and man, there are so many gems here that I've completely neglected. I mentioned last month that I was really into PS1 horror titles such as Silent Hill and Resident Evil and I'm still getting through these games. They are just so good once you get used to the tank controls. And now I've been getting a craving for more fantasy-like and magical JRPGs like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. So I decided to boot up Final Fantasy 7 on Vita yesterday and man was I immediately engrossed. Like this game is something else. I haven't played FF7 at all so this might turn out to be just the kind of gaming experience I need right now.

Great to hear that you've been well too. Hopefully you'll be able to find a good balance between work and free time. I've just landed a part-time job as a warehouse worker after having not worked at all this entire year. So hopefully I'll be able to balance my studies, work and gaming well for the rest of the year. I could use some hard work now though after being stuck at home for the entire year, lol.

Looks like you've been busy with lots of games as well! Hope you'll enjoy Gears 5 as that game was absolutely phenomenal. Easily the best Gears game since the third one. Personally though, I haven't finished many games lately since my focus keep shifting from one title to another, lol. It's especially hard when I'm mostly playing RPGs. Like I've played 40 hours of Ys 8, took a break from it and now I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel 4 for 50 hours and I'm on a break from it now as well. The primary game that I'm playing right now is Assassin's Creed Odyssey as I'm trying to finish up the Fate of Atlantis DLC so that I can finally delete this 100 GB monstrosity from my PS4 HDD lol. But this DLC is absolutely massive, each episode takes around 10 hours to complete and there are three episodes. Hopefully I'll get to finish something soon lol.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge haha nice, it's weird isn't it. I was so enjoying not going to work but i was getting bored and a bit lonely. Maybe it is good for the soul to sell your time to a boss once in a while. I was quite excited to go back but totally knackered after so I'm glad it won't be a regular thing still, at least for a while anyway.

I've got so many PS1 games and I used to play it loads but the only one I come back to every 3-4 years is metal gear solid. Occasionally I boot up London racer even though it's rubbish and area 51 if I can be bothered to get the lightgun out! Other ones I'd revisit are probably just crash or spyro and I've got the remakes to playthrough so I probably won't go back to the PS1 copies. Oh yeah I quite like Mortal Kombat Trilogy too but it has huge loading times so it's not amazing to play these days.

I think I'm on 60 games completed since march 😅, at least the then burgeoning back log is not something I feel sad about these days! It's been a mix of back log, game pass, the two game clubs, replaying games/series and also a few tie in games when I've been watching a TV show or movie like X files and Ghostbusters.

Glad to hear you netted a job! Hopefully it's sweet and not too much hard work. That is the main thing I hate about working regularly, is that it might only be 8-9 hours a day but your whole free time is consumed by it. Wake up early, go to work, come home and sleep cos I am so knackered, then do it again the next day. I don't understand how people can do it for 40+ years!

See ya!

redd214

3 Months of Ultimate will be $22.88 on Walmart's site starting the 25th for anyone who wants to stock up!

redd214

LtSarge

@ralphdibny To be honest I don't really like the model of working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for the rest of my life. I mean sure you get paid well and get great credentials but you'd be missing out on your youth/prime time. I still consider myself rather young (24 years old) and at this age I just want to enjoy my life while I'm still young and full of energy. When I get to the age of 30-40 then I might consider following this model. But right now I just want to enjoy my freedom. Studying, working part-time, playing games, maybe even travel once the current situation gets better. That's what I want to do with my life right now. I don't really agree with the whole "you have to work early in order to save enough money for pension". I'd rather live and enjoy my money while I'm still young and not when I'm 60 years old and can barely walk or do anything fun, lol.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.