Forums

Topic: Game Pass Club

Posts 161 to 180 of 236

ralphdibny

@Tjuz nice! That's quite the hobby! I might have a look into that For All Mankind, though I'm yet to watch man in the high castle and that's kind of alt history. Metal Gear Solid, which in quite into, has an alt history space race story in it too.

Generally I'm quite set in my ways when it comes to TV, so I normally just watch stuff that's in series I already watch. Which is why star trek is a good one lol but I'm starting it all again from the beginning now so its going to take me a while to get through it all!

See ya!

MAC26

How are you guys getting on with Hellblade? I've been trying to play catch up on blair witch and get through Hellblade. Blair witch has been surprisingly good, i felt stuck at the bunker part but have managed to get on to the next chapter. As for Hellblade, I seem to be stuck on one of the raven puzzles. I believe it's the 3rd one. Also, how do yall block the text for spoilers?

MAC26

Xbox Gamertag: YungLaFlame

Senua

The value of Gamepass is truly unfathomable now.

Senua

ralphdibny

@MAC26 haven't started hellblade yet! Had a bunch of chores to do today and I've been playing Mario 64/Doom 64 (both on Switch), should only take me a couple of days though so I'll hop to it by Wednesday! Really looking forward to it though!

Well done on sticking out Blair witch, I think the bunker part is actually an early exit to the game if I remember correctly from reading about the different endings. I tried a few combos on the lock but gave up and moved on without realising it wasn't compulsory. The bit I really got stuck on was a bit later on and involved 3 different areas.

Put text in between these tags [spoiler]text[/sppiler] (but spell spoiler correctly!)

See ya!

LtSarge

Yeah I've sadly not had the time to start Hellblade either since I've been busy with job searching and studies now that the new semester has begun. I also have other games on the side like Jedi Fallen Order and Metroid on 3DS and I don't really want to move on to other games before having finished at least one of these games.

But if anything I'm at least going to give it a try this weekend since I don't want to wait too long either!

LtSarge

Justifier

I haven't also started Hellblade yet, but I have installed it. I should have time later this week (I had my Dragon Age project that is taking time).

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

MAC26

finished blair witch last night. What a game! I really enjoyed it although the ending in the house was a little too long for my taste. I kept wishing it would end already. Overall I definitely would recommend this game. There were parts where I had no idea what to do but playing it at night with a headset kept me intrigued. I did look up on YouTube what happened to Peter, I didn't want to run through it again just for that part. Had I known i would've just saved my game at that part and gone through it after finishing it. What ending did you guys get? For those of you that have played it already.

MAC26

LtSarge

@MAC26 Congrats mate! Yeah I also thought the ending was a bit long-winded, it almost felt like its own separate game lol. It just felt too different from the rest of the game which took place in the woods.

I think I got the same ending as you. I didn't save Peter, Bullet survived but the protagonist succumbed to the Blair Witch. I don't think you can overcome this on your first playthrough, which kinda sucks since I don't want to replay the game just to get the "good" ending.

LtSarge

MAC26

@LtSarge ok yea sounds like the same ending. That's why I ended up just searching for the other ending on YouTube. I still enjoyed it quite a bit and it really makes me want to try out this team's next horror game The Medium when it comes out on Series X. It will be on game pass day 1 by the way!

MAC26

LtSarge

@MAC26 Yeah I can't wait to play that game since it looks so cool to be able to experience two perspectives at the same time. Bloober Team has in general a great track record of making excellent horror titles, such as Blair Witch and Layers of Fear. So I don't doubt The Medium will be great as well!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@MAC26 well done on doing Blair witch! I think I got more or less the same ending

Are you still stuck on the ravens in hellblade, I just did that bit and I think I got stuck in the same place, if it's the final puzzle before you face the boss. This is how you do it:

the first magic ring thing shows you the log that allows you to climb to the second magic ring. When you look through the second magic ring a plank appears that allows you to climb across to a block but it also makes a bush appear in front of a second log that goes up toward that nest. Climb down from the block and push the bridge down that allows you to get back up to the second magic ring and look through it again so the plank disappears (the bush also disappears). Climb down and back over the bridge and you can climb up the tree log to the nest.

I know the ring things are confusing and if nothing changes going through them then you kind of have to go back and forth through them and around them to trigger it. That second ring you have to go round the left side of it to get back in front of it again. Anyway hope that helps if you haven't managed it already!

See ya!

MAC26

@ralphdibny yea I still haven't gotten past that raven puzzle. I sure do hope it's the last one because this one frustrated me. That's another reason I focused more on finishing Blair Witch instead. I will try that out later and hopefully it works for me. Thanks alot for your help! How are you liking Hellblade?

MAC26

LtSarge

Well I'm finally done with Fallen Order (and also studies that have been keeping me busy all week) so now I'm all set to start up Hellblade.

Is anyone also playing Night in the Woods since it's out now or are people mostly playing Hellblade?

LtSarge

Justifier

I'm going to play Hellblade first.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Xbox Gamertag: Justifier1651

MAC26

@ralphdibny Yea going into it I had no idea what it was about other than it dealing with mental health issues. It's interesting and I'm curious to know how many people relate to some of problems. I didn't get to try and finish the puzzle so I'm still on that part.
I probably won't start night in the woods until I finish Hellblade.

MAC26

LtSarge

Alright I think I might wait a bit with Night in the Woods as well then!

LtSarge

Tjuz

Change of plans, I'm finishing up Tell Me Why before starting Hellblade because I didn't realise my Xbox Game Pass trial was running out so soon! After that I'll be back on the Hellblade train, so forgive me if I'm a little behind. I'll post my thoughts regarding the entirety of Tell Me Why when I finish it.

Tjuz

LtSarge

So I decided to give Hellblade a go now and the game is very captivating thus far. The narrative has gotten my interest and the gameplay reminds me of the Souls games and considering that I just finished Fallen Order (which had similar gameplay) I'm well prepared for this one. It's seriously so satisfying whenever you pull off a successful parry against your enemies. And the fact that the protagonist slowly deteriorates every time you die is enough of a punishment for me to take battles seriously.

Also the graphics are fantastic, I can't believe this is a current-gen game. It looks amazing! Can't wait to play more of it this weekend because honestly, this could be a good substitute for Fallen Order in terms of gameplay since I still haven't gotten enough of the Souls-like combat in that game.

LtSarge

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I wasn't 100% sure but I did think this game would be based on Celtic mythology when going into it. The symbol next to the title of the game as you start it up is one from Celtic mythology:

Untitled

Untitled

But then the game starts going into Norse mythology and that's what threw me off. Also, I'm fairly certain "Senua" isn't a Nordic name so it makes sense now that she isn't Viking.

LtSarge

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.