Forums

Topic: Game Bargains

Posts 161 to 180 of 207

BAMozzy

@SuperKMx: Its a great price and I think invaluable for many XB1 gamers. 500Gb is tiny when considering the size of most AAA games and of course some of that is used up by the operating system, apps etc too. I had enough games in my first year that would have meant deleting and re-installing games as and when I opted to play - certainly very frustrating as some take a long time to install as they are not properly playable until fully installed either. I must admit I am tempted to buy another one but I still have over 80% (I think) free space so can't really justify it at the moment...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Captain_Chao5

Great find Bamozzy! I've added a 'spare' 500Gb drive I had, but am tempted by this. I think the standard internal drive gets 384Gb available from games after the O/S.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

I was interested until I realised it was a desktop drive and so needed it's own power brick to operate (don't want any more behind the TV).

I've currently got a 4TB Seagate but it's powered by USB only which is great for minimizing clutter. I've only got 26% free so I'll be needing something bigger sometime within the next 12 months...

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

BAMozzy

@stylon: The last time I looked, the more portable USB powered External hard-drives were more than double the price of the equivalent size of 'desktop' device. I bought a 5TB desktop device myself as I don't need the portability - it's not like I unplug it and take it to a friends house or another XB1. Mine sits on top of the shiny side of the console and as its no bigger than a controller in size and black too so its not exactly obtrusive. It only powers on when the console does as well so its not on all the time either despite being plugged in. Like I said in terms of costs, this was less than half the price for an equivalent portable (USB powered) external HDD and therefore by far the best value for me. The cost per TB of this 5TB drive is also one of the best available. I believe Argos are selling the 4TB version for £80 which works out as the same value too.

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

stylon

@Captain_Chao5: You da man! (or something like that lol). But seriously thanks, just bought a couple of those so that's an extra £10 to spend on black Friday sales or go towards Just Cause 3 etc. Awesome!

stylon

Captain_Chao5

Happy to share the bargains!

BAMozzy

Rare Replay for £10.85 on ShopTo - 30 games spanning Rare (and Ultima) history from 1982's Jet-Pac all the way up to 2008's Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise passing through the Knightlore Series, Banjo Kazooie (all 3), Perfect Dark (both) and Blast Corps along the way...

Edited on by BAMozzy

stylon

Less than 40p per game... now that's a bargain!

stylon

BAMozzy

@stylon: Yes!! Glad I waited until now!

Its basically a collection of some of my favourite gaming history too. I owned the majority of these at the time of launch and would love to see some of these come back - reimagined and redesigned for the XB1. Maybe not Jet-Pac as I really don't think it would work any other way but I loved the Knightlore series. I think that could work in a third person story based remake. I loved Blast Corps too so looking forward to seeing if that works as well today as my memory remembers. I do think games like Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps are perfect games for being brought back. Blast Corps particularly with modern consoles power to do destruction - I think it fits this better than Crackdown! Both Banjo Kazooie and Conker deserve new games too. Look at how well Yooka Layley got funded - if that doesn't say the world is ready for 3D Platformers to return, I don't know what does! I must admit, I am fed up with 2D Platformers and by the time Super Mario 64 came out, I had had enough of them! It seems every indie developer (or at least 2 out of every 3) are making these (the other one is doing some other retro game!).

Anyway seems I have gone off on a bit of a tangent. Needless to say I think this was a good deal although I don't know how much I will play and if these games hold up to my memories. The competition is obviously a lot stronger nowadays as gaming has moved on a lot - not just visually either.

crippyd

Cd keys have Gears ultimate for a very cheap £13. Get on it people!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Red620Ti

@BAMozzy: I saw it in Sainsburys at the weekend for I think £11.99. For a physical copy, thats pretty good!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

BAMozzy

Game currently have a few good deals like Fallout 4 for £29.99 (or the Steelbook version for £34.99), AC: Syndicate for £22.99 (as well as a few other versions too) - Check out the full range of Deals of the Week here

I opted for Fallout 4 (steelbook) myself

Edited on by BAMozzy

Captain_Chao5

@BAMozzy: Ooooh. I so want Fallout 4. Really hoping it's wrapped under the tree Great price BTW.

sorethumbed

Any one interested in Ryse, it's £9.00 in Sainsburys

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

stylon

Quantum Break - Digital Pre Order on CD-Keys - £32.29!! (with the usual 5% extra off if you 'like' them on Facebook).

First time I've seen them do a pre-order... hope this is a sign of things to come... a tenner cheaper than Amazon too!

stylon

Captain_Chao5

@stylon: Wow. That is tempting at that price. It's been on my Amazon wishlist forever. I really should resist though as I've not even started Tomb Raider. LOL

crippyd

Just picked up Far Cry 4 and season pass for £16 on deals with gold. I thought that was pretty cheap.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

That is cheap. Skint right now (overspent at Christmas) so my purchasing down to zero for a couple of months. Will do me no harm whatsoever and make me actually finish some of my back cat.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.