Forums

Topic: Zune for Kinect

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

ChrisPstansbury

First of all I hate the idea of spending points to download music videos on to my xBox but I still have a Zune pass now I have Kinect.

Ok, its £9.00 per month but as a music centre it can not be beaten. I've been playing with Zune a lot since Kinect along with Sky Player and LastFm all of which I have subscriptions with but I only pay for Zune via xBox.

How has everybody else found the new 'entertainment features' of Kinect?

ChrisPstansbury

ajfromuk

I have to say I am not a fan of the "entertainment features" on the Xbox... their decision to go with Sky and not put the iPlayer on there (like PS3) is just a loser; the same can be said for not haveing LoveFilm or Spotify...

I can't help but think Microsoft have some very conflicting departments internally... you have the ideas one which comes up with excellent suggestions and then another (legal?) who get rid of them.

I love the Xbox over PS3 anyday but they were stupid not to add BluRay to the new device and they need to expand on there player options

ChrisPstansbury

I agree with two points there..

1. Lack of iPlayer. Even the Wii has I player. Microsoft's MSN entertainment channel is the closest they've got but no comparison.

2. No Blu Ray. Microsoft made the mistake of going with HdDVD which hit the floor like a sack of spuds during the media battles and have never gone back.

As for the films 20th Century Fox have just signed a huge deal with Zune to add over 1000 movies to it's player and the new NetFlix application which is coming soon is basically LoveFilm but with Microsoft Branding.

The xBox is smack bang in the centre of entertainment using WM as there is numerous addons to allow you to stream Hulu and IPlayer from your PC onto your xBox.

ChrisPstansbury

SagaciousTien

MS are constantly updating LIVE to add new ways for people to enjoy playing games and watching films. I'm certain that more will be unveiled. CES is coming up soon and MS will be there - its possible they may have an announcement. It was also announced recently that ESPN3 will be expanding it's reach further via LIVE. I can personally recommend web series "The Guild" which is sponsored by Microsoft and appears on LIVE yearly. Keep looking for more entertaining experiences - there's a lot of free stuff there every week.

Loves Kinect.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.