Forums

Topic: XBox 360 Vision Cam

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

ChrisPstansbury

I am probably the only person in the universe that purchased  XBox 360 Vision Cam. I purchased it to play Uno with family so I could utilise the poor quality sound and even worse quality video the software produced back then. I do however own a number of games that are compatible with the Vision cam including 'You're in the movies' which is a great game whilst enjoying a drink with friends (Once the drink has had the desired affect!)

My question is in two parts:

1) Am I the only person who will admit to owning a Vision Cam?

2) Would is be a good idea to update these games to allow you to play them with the Kinect video enhancements?

Edited on by ChrisPstansbury

ChrisPstansbury

James

1) Yes, I hope so.

2) Definitely.

Also, if you liked You're in the Movies, you're really going to like Yoostar2 next February!

James

ChrisPstansbury

Well short sharp and simple! I play my xBox a lot mainly games like the Darkness but when we have friends over etc. games like You're in the Movies are great. Last Sunday we had a Kinect Party night playing the four titles that I currently own and we kept trying to open Totem pole (This obviously failed each time) but I thought, "Well that's a good idea".

Also I'm really looking forward to You Don't Know Jack (YDKJ) for Kinect that looks great

Edited on by ChrisPstansbury

ChrisPstansbury

ajfromuk

i was annoyed you cant use the Kinect to take a picture and send it on a message They need to sort that out!

Edited on by ajfromuk

ChrisPstansbury

Wow I never thought of that! Very true.

ChrisPstansbury

James

Have either of you guys tried out Video Kinect yet? I had a go a week ago and found the quality really choppy, although my friend I was chatting with said it was perfect at his end.

James

Cassiboyuk

I have one my son loves playing in the movies.

Loving my Halo Gamepad

ajfromuk

I have Video Kinect-ed to my brother but only one way coz he doesnt have a Kinect and he said it was coming through fine.

Also I notice when I was on Halo Reach that it uses the Kinect to pic up your voice too

James

That's cool - what's the quality like? I had a similar experience with my PlayStation Eye camera, too much wine and a game of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The results were not pleasing

James

Magi
James Newton

Have either of you guys tried out Video Kinect yet? I had a go a week ago and found the quality really choppy, although my friend I was chatting with said it was perfect at his end.

A coworker and I tried it out and we had a similar issue.  He could see me perfectly and I wasn't choppy at all.  He was "fuzzy" and choppy.  In our case, it was based on our respective lighting conditions.  Mine was very bright with overhead lightning and his was dim with the light provided by a couple of lamps.  He was also further away from his Kinect than I.  I turned off my overhead lighting and turned on a lamp, and my picture became somewhat laggy and fuzzy.

Magi

dirtyvu
James Newton

I made this post to another Kinect web site:

Wow, we just tried out video kinect and just wow... My brother and I were sitting on the couch with the Kinect calling my other brother who was on his laptop in another city and we could hear each other so clearly. We sit about 12 feet from the Kinect on the couch. The voice quality was excellent. Video was great.

I expected to sound far away like in the Cisco demo for their video chat living room system. But it sounded like we were in front of a mic.

I read that you can do 8-way calling with Kinect. But we tried to do a 3-way using 2 laptops using Live Messenger and 1 Kinect and couldn't figure out how.

We had one laptop connected to Kinect in a video chat. we then tried to get another laptop to call the other laptop (Live Messenger to Live Messenger) and it said a video chat was already in session and it wouldn't let him join in.

using the same laptop/Messenger to kinect call in session, we then tried a laptop/Messenger to call the kinect that was already in session. On the xbox, we got a popup saying someone was trying to initiate a call. but I couldn't see any option to pick up the call.

So now we're thinking 8-way is only if everyone has a kinect. or maybe this is a feature that's coming in a future update. multiway chat with kinect would just be awesome.

things we wished for:

1) easy multiway chat

2) manual zoom options. like in the ad, when multiple people enter the viewing area, it'll zoom out to accommodate everyone. but it really zooms out far so that we're small (IMO). we wished we had full control of the zooming like with a controller. if we turned off auto-zoom, it would zoom us back in close which is acceptable but the auto-zoom and tracking is very cool, especially if there's only one person in the frame. you can literally walk around the room and it follows you.

3) a way to add msn messenger contacts on the xbox. we couldn't figure this out. my bro didn't have a msn account so he had to create one. i couldn't find a way to accept an invitation or send an invitation on the xbox. the xbox would only see my msn contacts that I already had. so we had to log into live messenger on a laptop, accept the invitation and then log in on the xbox to see the newly accepted msn account. it felt like the old version of netflix where you couldn't change the queue on Netflix and had to do the queue on a PC and then go back to the xbox.

dirtyvu

SagaciousTien

@ChrisPstansbury

1. I'll admit to owning one, and even enjoying games on it on ocassion. But what was excellent was able to play cards with friends and family without hassle.

2. I should think so. Especially Uno - which is still well regarded and well supported. Obviously I wouldn't recommend it for playing cards itself, but using it as a webcam like the Vision Camera sounds like a good idea.

Kinect shouldn't be relegated to just being a motion controller device. If it can, I support its use as a web camera/ video conferencer.

@dirtyvu

1. Definitely. An easy to use multi-chat is an excellent idea. It would be especially good if it didn't require everyone to have a Kinect as well. I should be able to Video Kinect with a friend, and then have a notification telling me that another friend wants to join my conversation, and he's on his computer. And another who wants to join who's on his mobile. And another who wants to join who is on his Zune. I think if you can tie together all the different devices and services into a simple to use messaging service would be truly excellent.

3. Definitely. But why stop at MSN Messenger? Sure, I know it's owned by MS, but maybe they could better integrate Facebook into the service. Maybe you could Video Kinect with your Facebook contacts, and then launch straight into a game together without having to leave the service. true cross-parity all the Xbox services and functions should be something that MS strives for.

Loves Kinect.

dirtyvu
SagaciousTien

3. Definitely. But why stop at MSN Messenger? Sure, I know it's owned by MS, but maybe they could better integrate Facebook into the service. Maybe you could Video Kinect with your Facebook contacts, and then launch straight into a game together without having to leave the service. true cross-parity all the Xbox services and functions should be something that MS strives for.

I'd like them to have Skype as well.  but does facebook have video chat?

dirtyvu

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.