Forums

Topic: Kinect Games You're Interested in?

Posts 21 to 25 of 25

dirtyvu

if you like doing Zumba at the gym, you'll like Zumba Fitness at home.  all the great reviews came from people who liked doing the gym classes but wanted to do it at home (and not have to keep paying gym fees).  it's not that great at detecting your movements and scoring appropriately.  but it has some good music and routines (if you like Latin music at all).  it's like halfway between a game and a exercise DVD.

dirtyvu

SUPERGHOST

My most anticipated Kinect Games:

- Project Eden: Love Rez, looking forward to its successor
- Steel Batallion: played the originals, bring the VT's to the Americas!
- Project Draco: Our last, best hope for Panzer Dragoon.
- Forza 4: More Forza!

It will me nice to have some 'games' amongst the game collections...

"Those video games aren't gonna play themselves!"
http://xboxsuperghost.wordpress.com/

Crunchewy
dirtyvu

and if Forza 4 has Kinect headtracking, that would be a day 1 purchase.

What are you expecting it to do? If you turn to the left you'll be looking at your wall, not the screen, so it's not going to let you look around. I'm just not clear at all on what head tracking would do for this game. The only thing I can see as possible is if it puts your avatar in the drivers seat, and as you bob your head around your avatar's head bobs around. I.e. for gee whiz effect, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not a game seller.

Crunchewy

Ringquelle

The games I am looking forward to most are Child of Eden and Forza 4. I am also kind of hoping that Project Dust wil be made compatible with the Kinect, since that would really make a good combination.

Ringquelle

dirtyvu
Crunc
dirtyvu

and if Forza 4 has Kinect headtracking, that would be a day 1 purchase.

What are you expecting it to do? If you turn to the left you'll be looking at your wall, not the screen, so it's not going to let you look around. I'm just not clear at all on what head tracking would do for this game. The only thing I can see as possible is if it puts your avatar in the drivers seat, and as you bob your head around your avatar's head bobs around. I.e. for gee whiz effect, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not a game seller.

look up headtracking before you dismiss it.  it's hard to go back to regular POV and HATs after using headtracking.

check out http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/ for a sample of headtracking.  or check out the youtube videos.  all the hardcore sim apps use headtracking now.  I know most console gamers don't play sim racers or flight games but there are some amazing sims that console gamers should try out.  Heck, console gamers think GT and Forza are the most realistic racers (PC sim gamers will laugh in your face).

all it takes is minor adjustments of your head to see all around you.  you're not taking your eyes off the screen at all.  and it's very natural for your eyes to do this because they are built to do this.

dirtyvu

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.