Forums

Topic: Dance Central

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

abINC4L
dirtyvu
ArtificialIdiot

Finally got this yesterday and I've been having so much fun with it. Although I'm pretty sure the difficulty is a bit skewed. My friend and I were playing it earlier and for a laugh decided to go right down to Just Dance before she left - Just to see how mental it was. There were a couple of tricky moves, which caused her to bow out mid-dance so I just leapt in and carried on (I absolutely love that about Kinect, btw ) and even with that we still managed to four star it. Which is more than we can do with some of the songs in the first tier, lol.

I also think the difficulty ordering of the songs is off.  Somehow I think Just Dance shouldn't be the last song or that Harmonix didn't give it the same scrutiny as the earlier songs.  It's not hard and you can cheat a lot of the moves.  One day, I just jumped into that song too without any type of rehearsal or tutorial, and I know I did nearly all the moves wrong and was a step behind and yet I still scored well.

A lot of the songs are very unforgiving in how you do the moves and steps but Just Dance let you get away with a lot.

I just think Harmonix felt like they should end with "Just Dance" since it starts off with "Poker Face" and in the Grand Finale Challenge, "Just Dance" seems like the best finale anyways.

In terms of difficulty from a dancer's point of view, it does belong in the final section for the sheer number of different moves the routine possesses but yeah "Don't Sweat The Technique" is clearly the hardest routine in the game followed by the DLC "I Got You Dancing". Took me several tries to get 5 stars in "I Got You Dancing" and I've yet to receive 5 stars in "Don't Sweat the Technique". "Just Dance" I would rank as the 5th hardest (above "Brick House") in the game.

If I had to rank the top 10 hardest songs starting from the hardest, this is what I believe.

1. "Don't Sweat The Technique"
2. "I Got You Dancing"
3. "Body Movin'"
4. "Drop It Like It's Hot"
5. "Just Dance"
6. "Control"
7. "Brick House"
8. "Pump Up the Jam"
9. "Bust a Move"
10."Days Go By"

"Satisfaction" would be next.

Edited on by abINC4L

NNID: AB88INC4L

abINC4L

So yeah, I want to open up a discussion over the downloadable songs/routines for Dance Central.

This is to provide feedback or like a preview to anyone who wants to download the extra routines and wants to know ahead of time what to expect no one feels like they've just wasted $2.99 on a routine they never play.

I'll cover the difficulty ("warm up" to "off the hook"), style (I'll include the default character if that gives you more of an idea), my personal opinion, and rating of the routines I've downloaded (on hard difficulty). I am a hiphop dancer/choreographer (unprofessional, lol) so here we go

"Temperature"
Difficulty - Simple
Style - Reggae (Angel)
Opinion - The choreo is fairly straightforward, most people should do fine on it. The footwork is actually a little more complicated than it looks but I've seen my brother get away with just stomping. It's a pretty fun dance if you like doing that reggae swag with your body.
Rating - 3/5

"Because of You"
Difficulty - Hardcore
Style - R&B (Mo)
Opinion - I find that R&B doesn't really lend itself well to Dance Central due to the complexity of the choreography R&B songs tend to have. That being said, the routine does match the song well and the pacing is pretty good (allows me to sing along while dancing). Being a more difficult song, it does require "Break It Down" for those who aren't as experienced dancing. The funny thing for me is that I hate the easiest part of the dance (the chorus) because the stepping to the side is really quick and doesn't feel right with the song (but that's just me, I'm sure many others love that it's just stepping to the side in the middle of this challenging routine).
Rating - 4.5/5

"I Got You Dancing"
Difficulty - Off the Hook
Style - House (Dare)
Opinion - This is a really fun routine and the song is infectious (both my friend and I downloaded the song because of Dance Central). It's the most challenging DLC song so far and I ranked it 2nd hardest in the game. This is for the more experienced or challenge seeking players because majority of the moves require your whole body to move a specific way and it's not really forgiving. For me personally, this is my favorite DLC so far.
Rating - 5/5

"I Gotta Feelin'"
Difficulty - Simple
Style - ?
Opinion - I have this song but I've yet to play it (so I do regret buying it) I'll play it next time I have a chance.
Rating - ?/5

"Word Up"
Difficulty - Moderate
Style - 80's (McCoy)
Opinion - I personally don't care much for this routine but my brother and sister seem to love it, haha. The moves in particular aren't very difficult but the pacing of the song and the routine itself makes it fairly challenging. A quick "Break it Down" and most should do fine.
Rating - 4/5

"Woop! There it Is!"
Difficulty - Legit
Style - Club (Dare)
Opinion - I wish I downloaded this instead of "I Gotta Feelin'". It's a really fun yet challenging dance (and you know I love challenging). The easiest one so far of the "challenging" DLC but it has so fun choreo in there that's not crazy hard to learn.
Rating - 5/5

"Disturbia"
Difficulty - Simple
Style - Club (Aubrey) Not sure really
Opinion - Another routine I regret buying (and I had high hopes for it). Like "Temperature" the moves are pretty straight forward, only a couple that might throw you off. The refrain of the song (not the chorus) though is VERY tiring on your right arm as you will be swinging it around every other move about 4 times. Could've been much better.
Rating - 2/5

"Control"
Difficulty - Hardcore
Style - Janet Jackson, lol (Taye)
Opinion - Playing through easy/medium of this song I was thinking "This is it?" then the moment I hit hard, the routine smacks you in the face with the reason why this routine is rated 5 difficulty. The moves are quick, intricate, and all placed together and I LOVE it. This was actually the first routine that I ever had to use "Break it Down" for since the moves were too fast for me to easily follow. Aside from the complex part, everything else is doable. My 2nd favorite DLC so far.
Rating 5/5

As for "Boys & Girls", since "Boys & Girls" is a "warm up" song I'm not going to bother with it (my brother can get it if he wants )

Hope this helps you guys out! ^_^

Edited on by abINC4L

dirtyvu

wow, abHS4L, I really like your posts.  very detailed and informative...

dirtyvu

abINC4L

Oh wow, they combined the topics but mine covered something different (even if it's still Dance Central) so I don't understand why it was combined.

Anyways, thanks dirtyvu, I want to make sure my posts are useful to others so yeah, must make sure they're detailed and informative :3

kinectakid

Haha, I have never danced. but i played the demo (bonus on kinect adventures disk) and it was easy and funny

XBL GT: robinrock96
My favo game genre's: Racing, Simulation, Family / Fun, Shooters.

mastodona

Thanks for the video links and the post reviewing the dlc. I haven't downloaded any yet but I do love this game definitely a favourite with the family.

mastodona

stormigrl

Thanks for the links.
I actually am addicted to the Dance Central. I find I'm able to burn lots with it and it keeps me (an overweight person) totally motivated and pumped up to try the next dance move.

I also like the Work out mode (You still do the Perform it option (after learning it of course) there is an option to have a Work out mode. (That will tell you how many calories you are burning- totally awesome!!)

I've burned more calories in one Perform it session with Dance Central than I did with a light impact of Biggest Loser. I'm telling all my friends to get Dance Central for Kinect.

If you feel the burn, than you are doing it right.
If not, you're doing it wrong.

abINC4L

I updated the DLC list since I downloaded "Woop! There it Is!" and it's fun song

dirtyvu
abHS4L

I updated the DLC list since I downloaded "Woop! There it Is!" and it's fun song

ur the resident DC expert! 

it'd be cool if you could put up vids on youtube like this girl:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MightyMeCreative

she does a pretty good job for most songs.  but she mirrors the vids so that she looks in step with the onscreen dancer.

but for us n00bs, the mirroring is the hard part for us (like how it's hard to cut a piece of hair just by looking at the mirror).  the basics for mirroring is easy (like the onscreen dancer puts out his right arm and you put out your left arm).  but for more complicated moves that involve loopy movement and front to back stuff, i'd get confused.  so i end up flipping her vids back to normal so i could figure out how i'm supposed to move.

dirtyvu

abINC4L

I too shame to put it  up ><

Plus I have no one to take video of me (and our house is too unorganized to take video).

My youtube account is actually for when I start posting up original choreography. MAYBE when I start getting active with that I'll post up my favorite Dance Central songs.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.