Forums

Topic: Dance Central

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

DRAV3N_UK

I'm a terrible dancer, in fact I'd normally rather sit at the side and not dance at all! However, I do like to keep fit and thought Dance Central might help whilst also being a great party game.

Has anyone got or tried this?

DRAV3N_UK

Magi

It was my release-day-purchase game, but sadly it has sat untouched next to my Xbox.  I hope to play it soon, though!

Magi

d3sperad0

I got it shortly after I bought the kinect. (my launch game was kinectamals as my daughter won't stop asking for the tiger:) ) I love dance central. Now I don't really like most of the song picks, but I'm pretty easy going and certainly don't dislike them enough for it to bother me. but so far I love the interface and the dancing! crazy good workout too lol (and I am a commercial gardener heh) definitely recommend it.

as a side note I think MS should look to their menu interface and incorporate it into navigating the main dashboard. the only thing I dislike about the kinect so far is the hub and how seriously limiting it is. I almost never use it which is too bad. was hoping I wouldn't have to use my controller for navigating the dash once I bought this. hate hunting for the controller:)

d3sperad0

Ria

Hopefully, if all goes as planned, I'll have my hands on a copy in 14 hours for $25 ^_^ I'll be sure to give it a thorough review!

Edit 11.28.10: I've been playing since black friday and I like it a lot, though some things could improve. For one, I'd like for the funky-urban-narrator guy to say helpful things, not just "up back, down front" and things like that. If he would actually describe the move (left arm up, to the right, back down to the left) maybe I wouldn't get tripped up so much on the harder levels. But overall for a fun game to just take your mind off things, it's great! Good music choices too, though it sucks that you have to pay out the neck to download expansions/DLC.

Edited on by Ria

Ria

o0HERO0o

bought it and love it, it is an awesome game even if you don't like dancing very much it is still a lot of fun.

o0HERO0o

DRAV3N_UK

I got this game, it's a great use and show piece for Kinect - my wife loves it but I am a terrible dancer Gonna need some work on my moves.

DRAV3N_UK

BoneDaddy83

Love this game. Gives you one hell of a work out if you just keep at it. I, personally, have lost 6 pounds just playing Dance Central. I play about 3 hours a day or so and it definately works up a really good sweat. Harmonix really needs to get on the ball and get some more songs/dance routines out.

The 1 & Only BoneDaddy!! Don't worry. I'll only scar you for life....

TheDoctor213

I was planning on getting it for a party I am having tomorrow.  How easy/hard is it to switch players?  I'm planning on having 40-50 people there and I don't want to have to set up a profile for each person who wants to play it.  Is it possible for people to just jump in and do it, just like anyone could pick up a controller and play?

TheDoctor213

ArtificialIdiot

I've only played the demo, but four of us (three adults and a five year old) managed to jump in and out fairly quickly and easily after each song. Just make sure your frame appears in the little black box at the top right hand corner and you're good to go!

ArtificialIdiot

SUPERGHOST

A really great game, but demands a lot of time if you want to be successful.  I am so-so about the soundtrack, hopefully DLC will take care of some of that.

"Those video games aren't gonna play themselves!"
http://xboxsuperghost.wordpress.com/

ChrisPstansbury

I am not a dance game person! Okay now I've got that off my chest.... We rented this game From Blockbusters the day after the Kinect was released. We took it, along with our console and sensor to the in-laws and set it all up.

The evening went as follows;

1st drink (and probably the best bit to read if your thinking of buying it)
The menu takes some getting used to, the song choice on the disc is diverse but very much like Just Dance on the Wii, the moves are easy but putting it all together makes for an okay game with having. I was terrible and was taken down a peg by my sister in-law who is 11years my younger.

2nd and 3rd drink
Game gets better. Once you've got to grips with the menu and your swishing your way through song choice, difficulties and style you will start to realise if you pay attention or even practice first you can master the moves to Lady GaGa's Poker Face are easy and score big.

7th and more
Oh my god I'm a dancing genius. I'm quitting the day job and becoming a dance teacher!

Ok bit of fun. This game is fun if you let it be. Forget that you look stupid and laugh when the game taunts you. Just enjoy it!

ChrisPstansbury

TheDoctor213
ChrisPstansbury

I am not a dance game person! Okay now I've got that off my chest.... We rented this game From Blockbusters the day after the Kinect was released. We took it, along with our console and sensor to the in-laws and set it all up.

The evening went as follows;

1st drink (and probably the best bit to read if your thinking of buying it)
The menu takes some getting used to, the song choice on the disc is diverse but very much like Just Dance on the Wii, the moves are easy but putting it all together makes for an okay game with having. I was terrible and was taken down a peg by my sister in-law who is 11years my younger.

2nd and 3rd drink
Game gets better. Once you've got to grips with the menu and your swishing your way through song choice, difficulties and style you will start to realise if you pay attention or even practice first you can master the moves to Lady GaGa's Poker Face are easy and score big.

7th and more
Oh my god I'm a dancing genius. I'm quitting the day job and becoming a dance teacher!

Ok bit of fun. This game is fun if you let it be. Forget that you look stupid and laugh when the game taunts you. Just enjoy it!

So after reading this, I'm excited.  Today is the big day of the party which means when I sober up tomorrow I will be posting pics of the  drunken dancing hilarity.  Thanks for all the help!

TheDoctor213

TheDoctor213

Too many pics to post on here, so check out the pics here

Mind you, it's a theme party we don't normally dress like that haha.

TheDoctor213

TheDoctor213
Xkhaoz

@TheDoctor213 Off-topic But avatar WIN.

When Futurama is involved, it is never off topic!

TheDoctor213

ArtificialIdiot

Finally got this yesterday and I've been having so much fun with it. Although I'm pretty sure the difficulty is a bit skewed. My friend and I were playing it earlier and for a laugh decided to go right down to Just Dance before she left - Just to see how mental it was. There were a couple of tricky moves, which caused her to bow out mid-dance so I just leapt in and carried on (I absolutely love that about Kinect, btw ) and even with that we still managed to four star it. Which is more than we can do with some of the songs in the first tier, lol.

Some great looking pics there TheDoctor! It does seem like the more people you have for this the better, gives you longer to rest and more time to watch other people make fools of themselves. Hoping to grab some friends around the weekend to play so should be fun!

ArtificialIdiot

SagaciousTien

Yes, I've played it. If you have Kinect, your copy of Kinect Adventures comes with a demo of Dance Central. I've also played several of the songs at a friends home. This is definitely a title fit for parties and fit for large groups, but it's also fun to play alone and learn the moves. I'd say it's the best game for Kinect so far.

Loves Kinect.

abINC4L

I got both dancing games as my launch games and although I do like DanceMasters a lot, it's something only my sister and I (and a few of our friends) enjoy playing while everyone LOVES Dance Central. I'm a hiphop dancer that loves to choreograph and this game is improving my ability to choreograph because it gives me a wide range of moves that I can use which is awesome.

The game itself is amazing. I did wish it had a career mode like Rock Band does so it can give me more reason to play but it does provide a nice workout and a fun dance experience. Since my house is rather small (have to move things around to make space), we usually play it at other people's houses, haha.

NNID: AB88INC4L

dirtyvu
ArtificialIdiot

Finally got this yesterday and I've been having so much fun with it. Although I'm pretty sure the difficulty is a bit skewed. My friend and I were playing it earlier and for a laugh decided to go right down to Just Dance before she left - Just to see how mental it was. There were a couple of tricky moves, which caused her to bow out mid-dance so I just leapt in and carried on (I absolutely love that about Kinect, btw ) and even with that we still managed to four star it. Which is more than we can do with some of the songs in the first tier, lol.

I also think the difficulty ordering of the songs is off.  Somehow I think Just Dance shouldn't be the last song or that Harmonix didn't give it the same scrutiny as the earlier songs.  It's not hard and you can cheat a lot of the moves.  One day, I just jumped into that song too without any type of rehearsal or tutorial, and I know I did nearly all the moves wrong and was a step behind and yet I still scored well.

A lot of the songs are very unforgiving in how you do the moves and steps but Just Dance let you get away with a lot.

dirtyvu

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.