Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Series X|S Purchase

Posts 221 to 240 of 292

dmcc0

Another £5 bargain at Amazon today - Assassins Creed Valhalla. Don't really buy many physical games anymore, but can't really say no at that price.

dmcc0

Tasuki

@dmcc0 Damn that was a good deal. If I didn't own it already I'd jump on it. Enjoy the game there.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Tatoun

Ah, f**k, I've been overdoing things and wdnt a little overboard!
Had a little money, so I sold a few PS5 games and just bought Jedi Survivor, Alan Wake 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 (have it on Steam, but I "only" have a Steamdeck, no PC, and I'm tired of playing an excellent game with extremely low settings. The Steamdeck is my hardware disappointement of the year). I ordered a Razer Kishi for my phone, too.

[Edited by Tatoun]

Tatoun

Tatoun

@Balta666 it's a very, very good game for a great price!

Tatoun

dmcc0

Had some gift cards and reward points to use up, so picked up the following in the countdown sale:

Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection
Judgement
Marsupilami - Hoobadventure
MudRunner - American Wilds Expansion

dmcc0

DoomGuy_117

Countdown sale is life. Added some goodines to my backlog.

Sifu
Soul Calibur VI
Sega Genesis Collection
Hades
Streets Of Rage 4

Pre Ordreder - Tekken 8

[Edited by DoomGuy_117]

GT - JohnnyUtah61
Nintendo - DarkFalco - SW - 1852-3950-9117

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers.
So.... I kinda went a little nuts and got quite a few games for my Series X:

• Assassin´s Creed Origins Gold Edition;
  • Assassins`s Creed Odyssey;
  • Scars Above;
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate + Injustice 2 Legendary Edition Bundle;
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar;
  • Jade Empire;
  • Guardian Heroes.
    Don´t know when I´ll have time or storage space to play all of them, but I´m glad to own them nonetheless.
    Cheers and happy gaming everyone

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

MaccaMUFC

I bought both Truck and Logistics Simulator and Police Simulator Patrol Officers but I wasn’t happy with the quality of the games, especially PSPO. I requested a refund for both games from Microsoft and they had denied me the refunds despite having less than a hour of play time on each game. They gave the reasoning as “Refunds aren't available for digital purchases that have been played or used.”

So basically now if you buy and play a game, no matter what they will just flat out deny your requests for refunds. This totally goes against what is stated on their website “Refunds are typically issued for requests meeting the following criteria:

Requests are made within 14 days of the purchase date

Requests are for games in which you haven’t accumulated a significant amount of play time.”

Microsoft’s attitude has really changed since the whole ABK saga, they’re butchering the rewards programme and now taking this hard stance on refunds. I don’t like the way they are going atm. Let this be a lesson to others that if you start a game you’ve bought and you don’t like it or it’s not performing well, you’ll be stuck with it.

[Edited by MaccaMUFC]

MaccaMUFC

Tasuki

@MaccaMUFC I would try asking for a refund again. Clearly the person you dealt with didn't know their policy.

[Edited by Tasuki]

My Backlog

MaccaMUFC

@Tasuki There isn’t an option to ask for a refund again after a decision has been made. I could ring customer support but I’ve read on forums of people doing the same but Microsoft not budging on their decision. It’s apparently been going on like this all year but I’ve also came across other posts of people saying they’ve had no problems getting refunds.

I’m surprised there’s been no articles about it because their reasoning to not grant a refund contradicts what’s stated on their website about refunds, also the fact when I did put in a request for both refunds they replied almost instantly on Christmas day which I thought was odd.

MaccaMUFC

Tasuki

@MaccaMUFC That is odd indeed. Like I said either you got someone who didn't know the policy, if it was even a person and not some automated response, which I suspect being it was on Christmas or MS needs to update their policy on the site.

That is another bad thing about digital games how companies handle refunds.

My Backlog

MaccaMUFC

So I’ve requested another refund for Police Simulator: Patrol Officers (I’ve decided to keep Truck & Logistics Simulator as it’s grown on me) to get them to reconsider their previous decision. I even added more information like pointing out that their refund policy contradicts their reasoning to deny my refunds. Today I received an email back from them saying this;

“Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support for Xbox

I'm following up on your refund request. 

We're really sorry we can't give you a refund.

Our refund policy doesn't allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding.”

No I don’t understand because their refund policy clearly states that I have 14 days to issue a refund, which I did on the same day of purchase and I played the game for about 40 minutes which is not a significant amount of play time. So I’ve met the criteria to be eligible for a refund yet they claim I’m not because I’ve played the game? No where does it say that if a game is played then it isn’t eligible for a refund.

@FraserG I honestly think you guys and other gaming sites should call out Microsoft/Xbox on this because it’s absolutely shocking, I’m not the only one who’s affected by this as it’s been happening to people all year but nobody is reporting on it for some reason.

[Edited by MaccaMUFC]

MaccaMUFC

Tasuki

@MaccaMUFC So basically to get a refund you have to buy the game but not play it? How do you know if it's broken??

I would ask them what a significant amount of play time is to them. I am not being sarcastic I would honestly like to know. Do we have 5 minutes? 25 minutes an hour to decide it's broken or poor quality?

[Edited by Tasuki]

My Backlog

MaccaMUFC

@Tasuki Exactly it’s makes no sense at all, how else are we supposed to know what state the game is in without playing it? Sure there’s YouTube and forums of people posing their problems with a game but it can sometimes only affect a minority.

I’ve given up on getting a refund now but from this point on I’m going to be very cautious about what games I buy on Xbox, I already don’t buy much games as it is but after all this carry on I’m just going to end up buying even less games.

MaccaMUFC

Balta666

@MaccaMUFC @Tasuki tbf the refunds are not to be treated as a way to demo games and see if you like them but to see if they are "broken". You cannot refund a physical game for not liking it (although you can trade it for a smaller amount) and even Steams alerts you that if you do it often you may not be given refunds any longer. Not sure if that is the case with more recent Microsoft policies.

Tasuki

@MaccaMUFC I guess that make sense what @Balta666 said, that MS wont give a refund just because you aren't happy with the game but rather its actually broken. If that's the case then they should state that rather then how they state it in their policy. I can see people just asking for refunds just because they dont like the game and using it as a demo service. Granted I think that that shouldn't matter. If I purchase a physical copy of a game take it home play it for 30 minutes or so and decide I dont like it I can take somewhere like Gamestop and trade it in for credit at least and use that towards a different game. Like you said I guess its just best to be cautious about buying games digitally. If its a game you arent sure you are going to like I guess the best thing to do is buy it physically if that option is available, if not then just pass on it.

But yeah MS should state that they only provide refunds if a game is broken.

[Edited by Tasuki]

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic