Forums

Topic: Your Latest Xbox Series X|S Purchase

Posts 281 to 292 of 292

LeanerFasterStronger

@RaZieLDaNtE I bought the ezio collection last year on sale for the same price and I haven't managed to play it yet! I've played them all before and they're wonderful games, but I'd like to revisit them soon especially since I'm transitioning into a career being a history teacher.

My recent purchases were:
Gears of war Ultimate edition - great remaster, having a fun time

MLB the show 21 - didn't want to buy the new version and I'm glad I didn't. I think the show is objectively a worse game ever since they started focusing on diamond dynasty. The PS2 games had more single player features.

Alan Wake 2 night springs DLC - TRIPPY and I loved it. I did NOT expect Alan Wake 2 to end up in my top 3 favorite games.

Borderlands Pandoras Box - got this last year, slowly working my way through the franchise. I'm on Borderlands 3 now and I think every one of these games is fun, I consider myself a borderlands fan after this experience

"Who you are comes from the choices you make when life gets tough."

Cass, Fallout New Vegas
RaZieLDaNtE

@LeanerFasterStronger Hello there friend.
Agreed, the AC games have been some of my favourite games since two generations ago.
Some great characters and stories in each of them. Can´t wait for AC Shadows later this year.
I might get Alan Wake 2, since there will be a physical release of the game. Heard a lot of good things.
Borderlands games are some of the most fun I´ve had with a FPS. Still have to go back and finish 3.
And maybe the movie won´t be that bad..... Maybe 😜
Cheers

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

Tasuki

Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition. Grab this one because of the price and before it gets delisted.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Nice. I went with ultimate just because. I only played a bit of 4 a few years ago. Alot of people say 4 is the best. Guess I will see.

My Backlog

Yousef-

I doubt I’ll find the right opportunity to get it. I’ve never played most sim racers. Only arcade racers.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Xbox Gamertag: ForgetMeNot3495

dmcc0

@Yousef- While it's not quite a full-on arcade racer, I wouldn't really consider the Horizon Series a Sim Racer.

dmcc0

Yousef-

@dmcc0 huh, is that so? Well that’s a relief. It’s why I couldn’t get into GT on PlayStation. The December deadline is fairly manageable. I wonder if it’ll remain on sale for long.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

dmcc0

@Yousef- Yeah, Forza Motorsport series is more like GT. It'll might just be the usual weekly/2-weekly sale at the moment - Deku Deals website says the sale is due to end 1st Aug (in the UK at least) - but I suspect it'll go on sale again fairly regularly between now and December as it did before the delisting was announced

dmcc0

Tasuki

@Yousef- Yeah Forza Horizon is not a Sim Racer you are thinking of Forza Motorsport. That's one of the reason I like the Horizon series. They are more of and open world car rpg if that makes sense. The basis of it is that it's a festival with all kinds of events. As you drive around there's different events you can participate in. Maybe check out some videos on YouTube to get a better idea.

My Backlog

Yousef-

@dmcc0 @Tasuki gee, thanks guys. Yes, I did make the error of mixing up Motorsport with 4/5. And yes I do like open world racers so this might be up my alley. I hover over 4’s current sale, it’s 11.99 (standard edition), which is close to 3 kwd so I should be able to get it soon. I’m not really sure what the ultimate version has, but I would like to give the game a go first. If I really like it, maybe I’ll obtain the DLC before December. Cheers.

[Edited by Yousef-]

-Max Payne

dmcc0

@Yousef- The main additional content in the Ultimate Edition are the 2 expansion packs - Fortune Island and LEGO Speed Champions. These are essentially like the base game but on different maps so you have more races, more challenges and more to explore. Fortune Island appears to be based on the Scottish Islands with a lot of hills, fields and a coastal village and has a series of Treasure Hunt quests/challenges to complete as well - basically finding hidden chests on the island.

The LEGO expansion is more of the same, but the map is made from LEGO - including some of the cars! The challenges give you bricks to upgrade your Lego House on this one - I can't remember if there was any benefit to upgrading the house rather than it just got bigger/more impressive - it's been a while since I've played it.

You also get loads of additional DLC cars with the ultimate edition too. To be honest, I unlocked so many cars just playing the base game that I probably didn't use many of the DLC ones by the time I bought the Ultimate upgrade later.

I'd say it's definitely worth getting the expansions if you like the base game.

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic