Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - The Evil Within 2 🍊🕹️🚧 (Oct)

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 3,672

themightyant

@Balta666 @NintendoByNature It's a real shame. Especially for Standard tier subscribers as they also had a price hike last year. In June 2023 you could get Day 1 games for £8 / $10 a month, now the minimum tier for Day 1 games is £15 / $20. Effectively DOUBLE the cost in just over a year.

For Ultimate subscribers this is slightly easier to swallow, though still off the back of the hike last year. That all said through Microsoft Rewards I haven't paid a penny for Game Pass Ultimate in years and have it stacked for the next 3 so I likely won't feel the pinch of this till next gen.

EDIT: One other thought. I am interested to see how long it will take for games to hit the new Game Pass STANDARD tier and if that includes ALL Games in Ultimate.

EDIT 2: It seems there will be some games that are exclusive to the Ultimate tier. From the FAQ

Ultimate also includes day one titles, specific entries to the Game Pass Ultimate library, access to EA Play, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Perks, Quests, and discounts on games in the Game Pass library

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

Pastellioli

@Balta666 I remember seeing that they were discontinuing the console subscription for standard before it was reported here, and I already knew it was a bad move. It's a shame because I was planning on getting the console subscription back as I had canceled it, but I think now I'll have no choice but to buy the standard one if I want to continue playing in the game club unfortunately, though I'll think about it. I really don't want to have to purchase the Ultimate subscription but they are now going to lock some of the games we were supposed to play here behind Ultimate. If we do play Conker's Bad Fur Day eventually (as that is the only game here that I own) I don't know if I'll continue to participate in the game club sadly. I don't have all the money to purchase a lot of games...

A random gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleeping.

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

themightyant

@Balta666 @Pastellioli On the (subjective) plus side this might change the group back to playing older titles over new Day 1 releases. That will please some and frustrate others.

themightyant

oliverp

@themightyant I would not be to sad about that. Day one releases seems to me to be maybe the most unprofitable an well least unsustainable thing about the standard offer/service to me.

[Edited by oliverp]

oliverp

Pastellioli

@themightyant Maybe and I would not mind that, but I don't know what is going to happen to the game club if a lot of people here seem to be unsubscribing and not renewing their sub when it expires. I'll probably do that deal with Ultimate for $1.00 for 14 days maybe this month or the next (depending on what game we will play) but after the 14 days expire I don't think I will resubscribe for a while unless positive changes are made, which I am so doubtful will happen.

Game Pass seems to be constantly changing and getting price hikes all the time. The price hike just came at the wrong time since I was going to resubscribe to Console soon, but they said that you can't use it anymore unless you still have it active, and the Standard sub isn't available on the store yet, so you have no choice but to either get Ultimate or PC at the moment. There is a report (emphasis on "report") that said day one games are going to come to the Standard sub, but not immediately and only after some time passes after the day one games' release. Game Pass does seem cheap at first, but the sub gets so expensive the more time passes. Why is it that Microsoft makes one good move and follows it up with a poor move?

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

themightyant

@Pastellioli Sorry to hear you missed on Game Pass for Console, it really is the FOMO edition, if you weren't subscribed by the time they announced it you are screwed. I know a few people who have stacked it for 3 years to avoid the price hike for now. I'm stacked on Ultimate for 3 years too as of last week as I knew price rises were inevitable, though I didn't expect them to be so soon. I also didn't expect them to change it to 13 months max to stack going forward either.

Completely agree Microsoft can't stop shooting themselves in the foot. Usually when you announce some bad news like a price hike you at least TRY and justify it by saying you are making the service better in some way, they didn't do any of that. I do wonder whether they felt their hand was forced by the leaks and rumours and they had to escalate plans, but I doubt it they just seem really poor at communication at times. Ho hum. Two steps forward one step back with Microsoft, or sometimes vice versa.

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

ralphdibny

AgentCooper wrote:

@ralphdibny Have you played Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture? I loved that one. Dear Esther is brilliant too. I need to get round to Machine for Pigs someday.

Hello mate, sorry for the late reply. I've been snowed under!

I haven't played Rapture no, but I feel like it might have been a PS Plus game at some point so I'll have to give it a go if it's still on my PS4. To be honest, I think in the deluge of ps plus games, I may have got it confused with the deadly tower of monsters which I did have a go on and it wasn't exactly my thing 😅. So I didn't realise everybody's gone to the rapture was of similar ilk to dear Esther and machine for pigs which normal definitely my thing (short, simple and hopefully easy 😅)

Hoping all is well! Going to try and start still wakes the deep in the next week or so

See ya!

NintendoByNature

Powered through about 2hrs last night. I'm pretty sure I'm in the closing moments of the game( maybe 30-40 min left). More of the same but I do like I'm seeing. Definitely some claustrophobic moments, especially terrifying when being chased. The only bothersome part about the game is on the S at least, moving fast is quite blurry. Glad it's only a 5hr game though with how dark, claustrophobic, and how much running and hiding you have to do. Not sure I'd be able to handle this for say, 10hrs.

NintendoByNature

Bob_Salat

@ralphdibny Ah no worries pal, hope you’re doing well too.

That’s some confusion haha I think you might be correct on the plus inclusion, it was the title that outside of Phantom Pain and Fallout 4 convinced me to finally upgrade to PS4 in ‘15, I wasn’t disappointed.

I’d love to hear your thoughts when you get round to it.

Voting for our November game is underway, join us! Push Square Game Club

Bob is looking after things… …for now

(AgentCooper)

Xbox Gamertag: Peace Salad

Balta666

Hello lovely people! The month is coming to its end and while we all still want to "hear" your thoughts on the current game it is definitely time to close the decision for next month.

So far we have a couple of votes on Conker's and a single on the Quarry.

Cheers.

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @vidjagames @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @R1spam @lookupmore @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @Captain_Chozo @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @kyleforrester87 @RDDMarston @Utena-mobile @oliverp @OldManLopan @jedinite @Bnasty0303 @AgentCooper @Angelus74 @Pastellioli @DoomGuy_117 @Ricky-Spanish @Yousef- @RBRTMNZ @BaldBelper78 @MjJmediablogger

American McGee's Alice -
Conker's Bad Fur Day - 4 (Ysf, Ptl, Blt, Agl)
Contrast -
Gears of War 2 -
Genesis Noir -
Ghost wire: Tokyo -
Halo 2 -
Inkulinati -
Inside -
Jusant -
Planet of Lana -
Remnant 2 -
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 -
Steamworld build -
The Evil Within 2 -
The Quarry - 2 (Acp, Rsp)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition -
Unravel -
We Happy Few -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

[Edited by Balta666]

Ricky-Spanish

Honestly I only played about half way through the game and gave up sorry guys it wasn't really for me! And I'll vote for the quarry for the next game

[Edited by Ricky-Spanish]

Ricky-Spanish

Angelus74

Ill go Conker's bad fur day as well as never actually finished it and already done a few playthroughs of The Quarry, good game though.

Angelus74

NintendoByNature

Might not place a vote this month. Looks like conker has it locked in. I did however finish still wakes the deep. It was good enough. Glad I didn't buy it though. Some terrifying moments for sure, but part of the problem is not being able to see everything going on. It doesn't make it scary, just frustrating. The big thing it had going for it was feeling like a sequel to The Thing.

NintendoByNature

themightyant

I finished Still Wakes the Deep again. Like @NintendoByNature I am glad I played it, there was just enough I enjoyed, but also glad I didn't pay for it. I'm not sure I have a whole lot to say to write one of my longer reviews that I haven't already said in comments above.

My rating: 6.5/10

@Balta666 I also won't vote this month as I'm on holiday and won't have time to play anything.

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

Pastellioli

Happy first day of August! So I guess we’ll be playing the most-voted game soon?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic